User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A discussion on hostile survivors

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A discussion on hostile survivors

I'll keep it simple. I personally think it serves no purpose.
    In the past two weeks we've had a uptick of survivors ahelping asking our admins/senior mods for CLF equipment. We also had issues with hostile survivors decapping squad leaders, specs, and smart gunners which negatively effects the round balance since it removes those slots from the game.

Before I write up a giant gitlab for survivor rework, I want to get the thoughts and opinions of the community.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove them. The other day I was playing PFC when I encountered the survivors. They were completely neutral to me and actually helped me after they accidently trapped me in their base. Later into the round, I was walking by when one randomly shoots an HEDP under my feet and shoots me to death while im stunned.

Despite this seemingly violating the rules of switching sides, the staff deemed the issue IC because they "chose to ignore me" at that moment in time when I first encountered them.

Basically, the rules on them don't seem to be properly enforced and despite me pointing out obvious loopholes in the ruling I was given, the staff member handling my ahelp stopped responding.

No one wants to deal with hostile survivors, and they should be removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel it is a dual sided issue. Marines can be bitches to survivors as well. Removing them should add more restrictions on what mp's and marines can do to them.

And those would be oocly enforced since mps seem to not care to arrest marines who mistreat survivors.

I prefer a dev solution though.

How to become senior dev.

Ceyella
    SUPER ANNOYING because mods never handle it well. i had a guy bust out a locker, and PRAY AND SPRAY ALL OF ALPHA IN A AMBUSH. we killed him and i got a admin on my ass to revive him because we were there to help and he was freaked out, whatever. he spent then next 45min constantly trying to steal guns to kill me, requiring me as SL to evac him to the alaymer after finding cuffs, having to keep beating him up and abusing him and wrangling the pig in, the whole time being told i cant just kill him, despite him literally rushing for guns to shoot us. if thier hostile and i could just pop them, sure, but you literally cant. you cant deal with them without getting banned.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hostile survivors should be dictated by a preference option alongside actual antagonist objectives rather than having it be an arbitrary choice.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awan View Post
    I feel it is a dual sided issue. Marines can be bitches to survivors as well. Removing them should add more restrictions on what mp's and marines can do to them.
    I'm sorry, but I have not seen what you're alleging. We had recent issues with prisoner survivors getting thrown into perma prison which we had cracked down on OOCly.

I've never seen a marine murder an innocent/friendly survivor, and even then the most "mistreatment" I've seen is survivors being ziptied and detained.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is also a problem for non-hostiles survivors that decided to stay PlanetSide, because if hostile survivors are found in the ground other marines won't hesitate to shoot you down on KOS, which already happens to me before. It sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said on the gitlab I don't mind that they exist, but you need a way as a marine to visually tell that this person is hostile, even if that does end up being some kind of verb that spawns just a CLF outfit for them.

But this kind of topic also doubles on marines, they need to stop Deciding them self's if a survivor is hostile or being outright aggressive towards them or your going to end up with most hostile survivors.

But in the end if we an't going to add a mechanical way to different hostile survivors to non-hostiles I'd rather the choice of being hostile be removed but it does remove a lot of RP possibility's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think hostile survivors are greeaaat fun, and I don't really like playing anything else. I was about to write what Cakey did, you should be able to choose if you want to be hostile survivor in the character setup, then you would spawn with CLF/UPP/pirate whatever armor/uniform and there wouldn't be problem, maybe they could get like icon indicator that they are hostile, like a black H on red background, I like the armor idea more. OR a red skull on black background, heck yea, skulls.
    Attachment 897

"In the past two weeks we've had a uptick of survivors ahelping asking our admins/senior mods for CLF equipment. We also had issues with hostile survivors decapping squad leaders, specs, and smart gunners which negatively effects the round balance since it removes those slots from the game." yeah it was me, the CLF equipment was for more transparency, so the specs and such don't get a buckshot to the face out of nowhere.

"Remove them. The other day I was playing PFC when I encountered the survivors. They were completely neutral to me and actually helped me after they accidently trapped me in their base. Later into the round, I was walking by when one randomly shoots an HEDP under my feet and shoots me to death while im stunned." The only survivor that was neutral was a synth, it was LV and you were alone in middle of nowhere as a squad medic im pretty sure, if not us then a lurker would do the job tbh.

Fabio I thought you liked playing hostile survivor smh

But yeah, giving hostile survivors actual CLF/hostile faction uniforms would solve the problem.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As they stand now, remove em.

Its a living hell having to deal with an ahelp going like "Surv shot me for no reason"

And then ya gotta loggdive, check of they were openly hostile, try to find out of they said it near marines or not because loggs dont show where ya are when ya say shit either.

Besides that, late joining marines getting ambushed by survs and dying to slug stun lock is always fun and engaging gameplay no?

Tldr, fuck hostile survs
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer