User Tag List

View Poll Results: Thoughts on the Expected Contact test?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Expected Contact (EC) is great with only minor improvements needed

89 64.49%
  • EC is better than First Contact (FC) but still needs a lot of work

24 17.39%
  • I don't care for either EC or FC more than the other

5 3.62%
  • FC was more fun than EC and I'd rather us improve it instead

14 10.14%
  • FC was better in every way than EC and we should go back

6 4.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expected Contact Poll & Future Plans

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TheDexFiles' Feedback

Expected Contact

Expected Contact has been very fun and engaging for roleplaying among the marines and the shipside staff.

It's nice to actually call xenos what they are instead of lizards, dinosaurs or dogs.

That being said, I feel that rounds should be randomized between First contact and Expected contact, just a 50/50 chance really.

I've believe that FC does have some fun RP to it, and shouldn't be forgotten; but I prefer EC over it.

Predators

As for Predators, I think that perhaps the Command staff should have a chance of knowing and may disclose that information at their own digression.

Perhaps we can accomplish this with the reintegration of memories into the game with more centered on information for RP.

Things such as what your role knows about like "You have basic knowledge of engineering" for Squad Engineers and "You have basic knowledge of first aid" for medics.

It could act as a way for players to understand their skill-sets and abilities better, and integrate some RP fluff memories as well.

Players would have to check this themselves of course, but giving them a reason to such reveling information such as " You have some hidden gear at X location" or "You have encountered Predators before" or "You have had a run in with Xenomorphs before" is all we might need.

Also Dutch's Dozen should make more appearances during pred rounds, I've seen too many rounds where the preds don't really do anything because the marines are too busy fighting the Aliens to bother them and the Queen doesn't want 4+ Sisters to die fighting them only to have the Pred self destruct.

Corporate Liaison

Has been in need of an overhaul for a long time, the "make your own fun" just really isn't cutting it and perhaps randomized objectives for the CL are needed.

These objectives should act much like the Defcon system, and shouldn't be antag roles; at most I'd say a 1% chance of antag objectives.

Perhaps completing these objectives gain the CL "points" for new gear and or items to spend them on.

Rewards such as special gear to bribe marines and command staff with, all the way to calling PMC ERT's for protection and or if the operation is going poorly (would rank this at the highest price).

Would also add a Corporate Guard to act as the CL's muscle. Too many time has the CL been beaten up by rowdy marines for simply walking by, he needs at least one friend watching his back. (Totally not projecting here, not one bit......)

This PMC Guard could also head planetside in missions for the CL, perhaps to collect data for objectives stated earlier.

Researcher
    Not sure what to add, they already got an overhaul that's working out well so far.

Perhaps just more things to make using dead xeno bodies?

Survivors

An ability to choose between friendly survivor or hostile survivor.

Hostile spawns you with CLF gear and weapons, while friendly get a boost in defensive materials.

Maybe reintegrate memories into this role I remember having it work out well in RP before.

It made for some cool CL RP action in my survivor rounds.

That's all from me, hope it helps!
    Last edited by TheDexFiles; 10-24-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But what about the red dogs

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the release of Expected Contact, this thread has been closed. Thank you for the feedback everyone and we will continue to attempt to improve upon this roleplay style moving forward!