Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mack - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Mackamuir

Player Name You Use Most?
    Mack Muir

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    None

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    The BE tool is used for medium to high RP situations, and is used when a member of the crew is within RP reasons jeopardising the goal of the USMC whether that be through sabotage or something such as that. Both parties should be involved in some form of RP before a BE is performed. Whilst a normal execution would be used if did something of a low RP manner such as C4 Req. Personally I would use the BE tool very sparingly and even more sparingly on actual Marines.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    My commander will run their ship in a very marine sided manner, doing whats best for the marines and being opposed to anything the company may suggest that may jeopardise the marines. Having insubordinate crew personally wouldn't be a problem for me to deal with. But within RP I would demolish any non-marine crew that fucked around, whilst still being hard on them, a sort of harsh but fair kind of deal.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    From experience, commander is a more RP centred role, with the XO being the one thats really doing the hard yards. A commander has to be able to perform every job on the ship, yes, but with a full crew, the commander should be able to task the XO to do something and focus on more RP centred activities. I have spent an awful lot of time on Low Pop XO with having to solo crew a couple of times and managing the whole CIC is almost instinctual for me.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I am someone who enjoys not just RPing, but I also enjoy managing CIC. Unlike some other commanders who see an XO and go "Aight imma head out" and go do some other RP shit, I would be willing to stay within the CIC and play a more command-based role instead of an RP based role.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    This question seems awfully similar to the last, but through my time on the server I have a fair amount of time on leader roles, such as SL and XO, allowing me to gain experience from both a marine view and a command view. This allows me to make more informed decisions and tactics depending on the situation.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Mack was born in Sydney, Australia. His father had died on deployment whilst his mother was pregnant causing her to be a widow and leaving only the 2 of them to fend for himself. Mack was put through public schooling and lived a lower-middle-class life. His mother had to work multiple jobs to make ends meet, even with the military pension they were receiving. As Mack grew up he found himself more and more involved with crime, getting picked up multiple times in his teens for shoplifting, theft and carjacking. At the age of 19 he was arrested for aggravated assault and was given 2 choices, jail or the Marines, obviously, he took the latter. Mack completed basic training and was posted to the 17th Marine Expeditionary Force, working for W-Y in scouting out new planets. After 2 years he was reposted to the 81st Marine Battalion where he was placed on the planet ZD-120-F on guard duty whilst W-Y terraformed the planet and built infrastructure. Over this time Mack was able to attend courses that allowed him to get promoted up the ranks. Also giving him time to study, since almost nothing of interest ever happened on the planet. After 3 Years on ZD-120-F Mack was deployed to a nearby planet that was the CLF had taken over which Mack was promptly deployed to. Whilst the small marine protection force was outnumbered they we're able to take down the CLF with minimal losses, Mack sustained a few scares from shrapnel but nothing else. After his deployment, Mack applied for the Christopher Military College and was promptly denied due to his previous criminal charges. After persistent attempts to get in and a few recommendations from his higher-ups, he was able to secure a position. After his training, he was placed at a LT on the marine ship USS Far From Heaven where he would be placed in charge of one of the squads. Whilst an uneventful rotation Mack was able to gain experience and throughout his 5 years as an LT he was able to get promoted to CDR. After another 8 years as CDR, and with a few operations Mack was assigned as the CO of the USS Homesick where his crew would conduct outer colony patrols and recon missions on random colonies ensuring no UPP or CLF presence. During one of the recon missions, a planetside squad hit contact with CLF forces, whilst they were prepared it was unexpected, as they were on the outer colonies. The marines took heavy resistance upon what was supposed to be an under armed CLF force. The sheer number of them and the weapons they were using was unlike anything the CLF has used before. After the battle was over and what was left of the marines was brought back shipside promptly by orders of the company, even though they still had more work to do on the planet. Mack, whilst suspicious, wasn't about to risk his career over something he thought was off. After the last Recon mission, Mack was promptly redeployed to the USS Falling Falcons where he took up the position of CO.

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never saw in EST , which time zone are you in. Never saw you as SO or XO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there! I analyzed your app for some time; let me tell you what I think about it!

I've seen you in-game plenty of times! While I feel that you do have some Command experience, and that you're likely to lead an operation to success, I feel that you did overstep the Chain of Command several times, and behaved in a rather vitriolic manner regarding some of the CO's decisions. If you do manage to get the Whitelist, I do recommend you to try to keep calm!

Now, regarding the App, proper.

I feel that the BE answer is rather weak. While I do enjoy the fact that you desire to engage in RP with the person you want their brains immediately splattered on the wall, BE's are a tool meant for emergencies; you literally have no time to RP with saboteurs! I would've liked you to flesh out this answer a whole lot more, and speak more about the BE's qualities, and about the differences between it and a normal execution.

The next answer, however, is very weak in my opinion. How will you run the ship in a very marine-sided manner? What does this mean? Your ship has exactly one non-USCM crewmember and that is the Corporate Liaison. This entire answer gives me the impression that you'll either completely ignore the CL, or punish them for every single minor mistake! Also, how exactly will you handle unruly marines? You don't explain this, at all!

I do enjoy that you're planning on being a more RP-centric CO. I do think that the following two answers contradict themselves; you do state that the job of a CO is to be a more RP-centred role, but in the following question you say that...

Unlike some other commanders who see an XO and go "Aight imma head out" and go do some other RP shit, I would be willing to stay within the CIC and play a more command-based role instead of an RP based role.
    Will you be a RP-centric CO, or a proper Commanding Officer giving orders to the marines? I have absolutely no idea! Furthermore, Captain Mack Muir has absolutely no personality so far; at least I would've enjoyed you to give a description of his temperament, even if it meant being a generic Captain!

While the story has a few grammatical mistakes, and I do not see any possible way in which a man with as many criminal charges as Mack Muir would make it into the Military College, I enjoy that you didn't make yet another Rambo PFC demolishes CLF battalion by himself, gets promoted to O-5, and instead took the time to make a decent dossier. Nice job!

Sadly, this will be a -1 from me.
    The story was a pretty good one for a CO app, and you do have experience as a XO; however, the answers you've given to most of the questions, and your rather fiery temperament, make me think that you're not yet ready for the role.

Best of luck with the application!
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To start, it is notable that there was not much effort in making your application. Of course, especially for this specific whitelisted role, your application does not need to be 'highly' detailed, but it's not comparable to the others accepted, unfortunately. I recommend that you read some of the accepted applications to understand which typesetting is favored in an app. As some others have said, it is advised that you play as XO, SO during high-pop (even in discord we talked about you), more precisely at night. For now, you appear not to be so well recognized, so this will improve this issue.

My issue with voting in favor of you comes in 2 points: the Application itself and Applicant Experience. Compared to most CPT applications the length of this one does not inspire confidence in your capability of being able handle the role. Overall, the application seems rushed, incomplete, and poorly written; in other words it displays traits that I know personally I do not look forward seeing in the highest ranking officer on the Almayer. Coupled with my qualms with this application I have an issue with the amount of Command experience you are presenting. I appreciate the tenacity in making this application; however, if this was submitted after a longer period of game play to allow the community to get a better understanding of both your skills in command and to get to know you as an individual I am sure there would have been less hesitation to approve you to being whitelisted.

And also, you said you do a lot RP and what not. The problem is you need to have very good leadership skills, CPT doesn't RP as much as you would think, most of the time you are giving orders, only really RPing when it's needed. I don't recognize the name either, I would say play XO a lot and maybe I'll sway into your favor, but for now -1. And as CPT, you want to B.E as less as possible, Battlefield executing a lot of people usually ends pretty bad, you want to use your MPs as much as possible.
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 10-23-2019 at 04:26 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the others have pointed out there are a few problems with the app. However, they have provided valuable feedback and I am sure you can take and learn from it.

I have played command with you many times, mainly having you as my XO and I can vouch you have a solid grasp of command and led many fun rounds in CiC. I suggest you play as much command as you can the next week to show everyone else you are capable.

It will still be a +1 from me in any case, good luck chief.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    The problem is you need to have very good leadership skills, CPT doesn't RP as much as you would think, most of the time you are giving orders, only really RPing when it's needed.
    I have seen plenty of captains with very poor leadership skills and whose tactic of choice is to abandon CIC, leaving their XO and SO to take command, while they go off to unga on the planet. If the whitelist council is happy to accommodate that sort of behaviour, it can certainly accommodate a CO who delegates to his inferiors in favour of roleplaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Anderut22 View Post
    How will you run the ship in a very marine-sided manner? What does this mean?
    This is a strong point to bring up. You have explained that you will favor the marines over corporate, but unfortunately, that leaves the Corporate Liaison without much in the way of roleplay, short of you engaging with them by being openly antagonistic towards them.

All that side, you have my support. I honestly believe whitelisted players have a very inflated sense of importance about what this position actually entails. At the end of the day, if you can write up a decent story for your character, if only as a demonstration of your ability to communicate ideas effectively, have a strong understanding of command, and are a relatively good player (no, butting heads with higher members of command isn't a reason to -1, Anderut22, unless it's toxic in some capacity), then I don't see why you can't get whitelisted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the way you lead a operation and its kinda bad. -1.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I read your app but I have concerns.
    The story isn�t bad. The background content is.
    You want to tell me a man with Aggravated Assault, carjacking, and theft on his record was promoted to CO let alone Lieutenant? Dubious at best. But that�s not my main concern.

The vibe I�m getting from the app is, while you claim to be able to and willing to RP I don�t see any willingness to. Rather, I�m getting a sense of contradiction. A �one-foot in the water and one-foot out� type situation when you describe what kind of CO you�ll be. Willing to RP but not with corporate (a case of not RPing when you probably should) while trying to RP with people who you can�t do so with properly (saboteurs - a case of RPing when you shouldn�t - your answer to the BE but falls into the category of a naive, inadequate answer in my opinion based on everything I�ve read).

For example, the CL. The one dude almost entirely dedicated to pure RP it seems like up discount almost off the bat. Furthermore, you allude that you�ll be softer on marines but much harsher on non-marines. �Fair but tough�. That�s nice and all but from my experience with a variety of roles that just translates into: �I will let marines get away with things and throw the book at people who I know aren�t combat-important.�

Additionally, the way this app reads: I get the vibe that non-marine extends to virtually only the CL and/or low ranking ship crew. What does this mean? Well, it really does give me a vibe of you being the CO who thinks fucking with the CL �just cause I can and they aren�t a combat-needed marine� is a good idea. Now. Here�s the thing. Even that is fine. The issue in that however is that the vibe I�m getting is: �I won�t really RP with the CL and if I do it�s going to be RP about how I BE or have him arrested.� This is an issue when I look at how you�ll treat the CL RP-wise combined with how you say you�ll treat non-marines.

There�s also your reputation. From what I�ve heard from my fellow CO and other players who, as far as the people above me goes that it trust, I don�t believe you are up to par plain and simple in leadership and RP. Both in the app and in the game.

Long story short based on the app and my fellow players, the reason to give a plus is weak beyond �Why not - not a horrible app�. The reasons for -1 appears abundant and some concerning.

Last edited by Vispainius; 10-23-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to ask a one of the issue that are common on the combat.

You have joined into the game the time of 12:38, as XO is reporting that all of the Delta is rushing into the cave even the order was a no-go. SL is also having a trouble ordering their men. How are you going to act?
    Last edited by Yuliy; 11-12-2019 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Wrong opinion given, was supposed to give it at other app.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No answers been made for over a week, turning the opinion to -1.
    Last edited by Yuliy; 11-19-2019 at 12:02 PM.