PinkieCupcake - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    PinkieCupcake

Marine Name
    Multiple characters

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Tho'dqan

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Was banned 10-09-2019 when your sticky ban machine broke and hammered dozen of innocent people, including me. And i got EORG ban long ago when there were not any notes about you can be punished automatically for it and accidentaly shot some marine.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    Damn i hate writing stories but OK.

Tho'dqan was sitting in the ice cave, washing his hunting tools from red stains, a lot of work has been done in past last hours. When he arrived on this planet, he expected to find rare beast, worthy for a hunt, instead, he was involved in conflict between humans and was thankful for it. One group called themselves Unite of Progressive People and they have all been wearing green armor and some outdated weapons - even for their specie. Other ones were dwellers of colony on this planet and had W-Y patches on their clothes.

Colonists surrendered at once, but people in green armor had their own purposes - unknown for Tho'dqan - and started killing innocents. Couple of greens noticed the predator, though he was using his cloaking device - and began firing at him on command of their leader. Tho'dqan ran away from buildings into snow fields, he poorly knew this territory because he have just arrived. Few bullets hit him between armor plates and made him bleed, drips were leading chasers right to him, but that was his plan - to make an ambush on those who did dare attack him in such dirty way, not to mention these intruders murdered their own species - unarmed and pacifistic - innocent prey, as Tho'dqan's mentor would say.

Since his first trainings, Tho'dqan was paying a lot more attention to hunting grounds than his brothers - he found out that it is more effective to learn everything around you before the hunt instead blidnly chasing the prey. Since than, hunter always explores all surroundings of hunting place. Every little stone, every stick or leaf can help to chase the prey or escape from pursuers. He prays to S'ahul for given knowledge after every successful hunt. With plan in mind, he patched himself up and started preparing for guests - looking around for best positions to attack, to fool the unworthy ones and to run away if needed.

Tho'dqan was blooded already, his first prey was serpent which nearly killed him, but he felt Paya was watching over him and achieved victory. Despite this fact, his favorite type of prey was human specie. His opinion is, humans are much more skilled and smart than black death, but the most important thing is that they know what honor is, that is why he decided to stay on the planet, to try and find worthy ones. He heard stories from elders in which great hunters faced human warriors in honor duels. After that, he began learning this specie culture and succeeded in it a bit. Tho'dqan understands their behavior and moral principles but finds them too primitive comparing to Yautjas. Nonetheless, he gets some kind of pleasure when he gets rare chance to communicate with humans or even to trade with them. He has little collection of items crafted by them - pair of outworn gadgets and the gun.

When hunting grounds were ready, Tho'dqan cloaked and hid between snow piles, waiting for his prey. They took their time to arrive - snow was too deep for quick movements. Traps were triggered - some did'nt notice spiked pits under the snow and met their death with short screams. Plasma blasts there, wristblade swings and combistick strikes here - and leftovers were ready for trophy gathering. There were not so many greens as hunter expected. Their group appeared to be a small raid team. He took headset from the corpse and all he heard was silence - he hunted them all.

Satisfied, blooded one was ready to leave when his communicator caught signal coming from the colony - he was surprised bunch of colonists survived greens bloodbath. The signal they sent was distress and called for military help.

Tho'dqan pulled all corpses to the ice cave to butcher them. He knew it would be impossible for human to miss trace made of limbs, heads and green armor shreds. Trace leading into his hunting territory. After making sure he will not miss his pray, predator made a walk around colony to learn it, make some traps and find optimal spots for ambush. Luckily, survivors locked themselves up in bar and did not interrupt him.

After a while, he heard sound of spaceship engines. Maybe this time worthy ones will show up. The hunt continues.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Tho'dqan designates himself as master of hunting grounds and will prepare it to let prey know it is entering his territory so it should be ready to face him in battle. He will place different things - from corpses and traps to flashlights - on the ground to show enemy they will meet intelligent individual who wants to challenge them. Predator also will keep on watching how battlegrounds change during OP. My hunter will have pleasure to communicate with marines in different ways and trade things - like nuke disk found on colony for anything they will offer. If someone will disrupt communication - attack Yautja or provoke him, they will become unworthy prey and treated as one. If marines will try to call Tho'dqan for duel, he will tell them it is impossible and will only agree to fight the volunteer like if he was worthy prey. But if other marines will try to play dirty and help the worthy one, they will face consequences. Tho'dqan enjoys hunting xenomorphs too, but will not have as much pleasure as he would have hunting humans.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Honor duel is melee fight between two Yautjas, or, in rare occasions, Yautja and prey this Yautja considers worthy for it. Duels continue until one of combatants is killed or spared by another combatant. Both sides must agree to the duel in circumstances where they will not be interrupted. If someone is being challenged by Yautja, it is sign of respect and honor.

While hunt is fight of Yautja and any specie which shows enough skill, danger or aggresiveness to be challenged for personal purposes. Predators are allowed to use melee or throwing weapons and their prey may use anything from it's arsenal.

Main difference between duel and hunt is the fact predators may be challenged only by other predators (or humans if they proof themselves enough skilled, strong and smart to duel predator), while hunt is more like a deadly sport or sparring.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Predators are related to each others like blood brothers, so i would communicate with them all the time, ask for advices and help in times of need like gear retriaval, problems with unworthy prey or infection.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Because i am playing CMs since we had rasputin and it was always interesting to try preds and I see an opportunity to improve my roleplay skills in this role. Their possibilities to RP fit me more than command roles or CL one, where you can fuck up whole round for marines or when you must fill papers 50% of the time. Sometimes i try researchers because they can RP in same amount as CL does but they can do it more funny.

So i would like to bring some HEHEHEs, fistfights, exotic loot, etc. to marines to make a day a bit more uncommon for them. And test melee skills with robust benos, of course.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very bad application in my opinion. Multiple characters? Make a new character and you better focus it so everyone can trust or observe how the way you roleplay in game. -1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Storys poor, answers are lackluster at best though i do like the extra effort put into them in not making them copy pastes of others. For someone whos been around since the Ras id expect alot better. Suggest using WL help and come back in a month with a better, well polished story. Also not sure what "So i would like to bring some HEHEHEs, fistfights, exotic loot, etc. to marines to make a day a bit more uncommon for them. And test melee skills with robust benos, of course." means but to me it sounds like you're gearing up to want to be a loot pinata which is just baad. -1 sorry my dude/dudette

{edit}Also realized your forum account was made this month which i believe we changed the whole "account must be a month or more older" but whether we did or didnt i dont like seeing a lack of activity. Even if its shitposting in acid goop spend a little while getting fleshed out.
    Last edited by 420M.Y.K; 10-27-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically what 420 said. Answers seem lackluster and I would recommend using the WL app help on the discord and to have one main character.

Sorry

Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could comment on the story here, but the whole "Multiple Characters" answer is a dealbreaker for me.
    I don't recognize your account name, and without knowing who you play as there's no way for people to know wether you can be trusted to play a predator.
    You should stick to a single/ maybe two characters with static names, and get known in the community as well as being more active on the forums if you wish to apply again. Take a look at the accepted apps and feel free to ask for help on the whitelist-app-help discord channel.
    Going to have to go with a -1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420M.Y.K View Post
    Storys poor, answers are lackluster at best though i do like the extra effort put into them in not making them copy pastes of others. For someone whos been around since the Ras id expect alot better. Suggest using WL help and come back in a month with a better, well polished story. Also not sure what "So i would like to bring some HEHEHEs, fistfights, exotic loot, etc. to marines to make a day a bit more uncommon for them. And test melee skills with robust benos, of course." means but to me it sounds like you're gearing up to want to be a loot pinata which is just baad. -1 sorry my dude/dudette

{edit}Also realized your forum account was made this month which i believe we changed the whole "account must be a month or more older" but whether we did or didnt i dont like seeing a lack of activity. Even if its shitposting in acid goop spend a little while getting fleshed out.
    Summed it up well. I am going to have to -1 this application.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry man but I gotta deny this, 3/5 have voted no.

But dont be discouraged. Please ask for help in the discord or in pms. We are always willing to make time to help people with apps.