User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Decker100 - Commander Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been hard on your story in direct messages, and your style of roleplay, but really, theres nobody else I'd like backseat piloting the operation with me. +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicega View Post
    The only downside I can see to giving you a CO whitelist would be the server losing such a good XO.

+1
    I've told you what I think of your performance in Command before, and that still holds true. Good man with a solid grasp on how to lead, with a just as solid app to boot.

+1 on the condition you don't give up the red tie entirely. Heh heh�
    Congrats by the way, you earned it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already given you my feedback but, to reiterate, I think you're an exceptional commander who needs to consider Decker as a character more. However, you've definitely improved in that regard and shown signs of doing just that.

You've more than earned a +1 and I look forward to seeing you go CO in the future.
    Audrey Aulin, found (drinking tea) in various roles

Evelyn, the ever-helpful synth

Member of the CO Council. Feel free to PM me here or on the Discord @Retrokinesis#8332 with any CO-related matters.

Former Moderator, Mapper, Official Space Carp Developer, and Lead Burrower Apologist.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You start off by listing your three reasons for ever using the BE, while I can agree on that first, the other two not so much. BE�ing for incompetence is not the way to do things, most of the times it is a new player trying out the role or a simple misunderstanding. The last one is a MP issue, but I�m not surprised you list it. You seem to have an attitude problem around MPs and I worry that this will lead to an unhealthy amount of BEs from your side, even though you state it wont.

In your �As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?�. You proceed to call out some CO�s and the council for not doing they screening job probably. You are free to do so, but your idea of a CO is not what everyone else has. Sometimes RP goes above gameplay.

In your �What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?�. You then move on to say that you understand entertainment value despite hinting at the opposite in the above paragraph, so the way I read it, a little conflicting.

Story is fine.

Now to my personal judgement of seeing you act in game. I don�t think the main part of COs is strategy, as long as they are able to lead an operation fine, I tend to focus on the roleplaying aspect. Your roleplaying aspect has me confused, I assume you are going for the standard officer as you say in your application and in your own words �Military doctrine exists not as a reason to be unnecessarily strict�. Now if only that was the case, my in-game interactions of you have all been of interacting with an unnecessarily hardass to put it simple. Seemingly forgetting that there is another player on the other side of screen, you seem to chew people out for minor mistakes and every time you take this into OOC, continuing the harassment so to say. I do not see you focusing on entertainment value and making it an enjoyable round for everyone, but instead keeping it narrow-sighted and following your idea of military doctrine. A specific scenario comes to mind where you were very unpleased by how your 3-4 MPs functioned. The Captain had to tell you to calm down and stop this trashtalking IC. That�s not really the way for a future CO to act. This wasn�t the end of it, as you took the matters into the discord and called out the MPs in there. It gives me a bad feeling, if small things tilt you when you�re the one in charge of 100 players enjoyment for 2 hours. I�m worried you�ll end up getting frustrated with players and taking out your OOC anger out on everybody ICly.

This isn�t the only time you have done this, so this is why I weigh it so heavily on my response. You've even harassed whitelisted players. In a round that just occurred, you were the XO and I was the synthetic Grey. You gave me orders to deploy to the FOB, but I didn't quite realize it the first time because it was worded weirdly. You got upset with me and said �Did I not tell you what to do, quit standing there�. When I got everything together to deploy you called me back up to the CIC. Just as I got into the CIC I was then told again to deploy by you, but since I was already in the CIC you told me to disregard that order and had me man the OW.

I spent the next 15 minutes being ignored despite giving you frequent updates. I got bored of it and began requesting a deployment to assist the wounded marines. In the span of 5 minutes I asked three times to deploy, and received no response all three times. I decided to use my own judgement to deploy, but when I arrived to the Alamo I was scolded like a child and you demanded that I return to the CIC. When I arrived, I was told not to do my quirk because it was overly negative and to stay on the OW no matter what. I have no qualms with performing OW, but wasting my time doing nothing but receiving contradictory orders, getting ignored and then being harassed because I wasn't "listening to orders" when I had asked numerous times to go down and got no response every time made me decide to cryo.

Application showed effort, but it had some conflicting points. I�m going to have to go -1 based on your attitude so far, maybe I�ve caught the bad side of you, but it needs to change before I change my vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got a solid grasp on leading but you fall short in social skills. You fail to realize that you're not playing with NPCs, you're playing with people.

I'm not going to put up a formal vote, since it will not sway the council by this point, however do know I am sorely disappointed. You showed premise then blew it all. I would expect you to actually consider the people you're playing with when you get whitelisted.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Vampmare,

Thanks for your feedback being in the highest of detail. You've pointed out a few things I didn't realise I've let slip such as my aggression and behaviour to other players, I will admit that I have always had an issue with it in general and whilst it's never come to the point a moderator needed to step in on any server, it isn't something I should ignore.

In terms of the battlefield execution, I've attempted to make it clear that I want to utilise the Military Police more though, again, you are correct in pointing out I have issue with most MPs, this is usually because I expect MP's to be fairly solid in their duties because their role is to enforce Marine Law. I simply want the MP players to understand that they have alot of power because their role is important when push comes to shove. I've also tried to make it clear that the Battlefield Execution system is, in my eyes, only suitable as a gameplay mechanic and Summary Execution holds no place in the real world, which goes against the "realism" vibe I am trying to go for with Decker.

In regards to the CO Council, I've got no problems with the screening process, we do have talented CO's thanks to those screening processes but there have been times where a CO's actions have been sub-par overall. Even a CO who is mutinied against is fine as long as they stick to the role of CO and roleplay accordingly, but I have seen CO's neglect some necessary things such as CIC coordination and communication between squads. This is what should be corrected, fundamental things expected of CO's and their role. Which it is often not.

About the recent round with you as Grey, I handled that very poorly. My focus was on the current happenings of the Squads and my lack of responses to you had obviously made you feel neglected or ignored. As well as my rather passive-aggressive tone with you clearly upsetting you. I was frustrated with your negativity though, simply saying "Marines are dying" doesn't help and whilst you did call out locations and situations as requested, it's not nice to hear "I predict a 11% chance of failure" (or something along those lines), without further context or suggestion. You walking out of the CIC unannounced was what did tick me off the most, I usually expect SO's to be at their posts helping their squads and if they need to leave the CIC, they are pushing the box for requisitions or giving a pat on the back to a Marine in Medical, then are right back to stay with the situation. Whenever they wander off to do something else it's clear they're bored of being a supporting role, which is why I didn't expect you as a Synth to do it. Then again, in hindsight, my handling of the situation was poor. I apologise.

I have attempted to iron out any conflict in the application though I can see where it can be conflicting, especially with different interpretations, I'll take note of this for the future.

Again, I apologise for the way I treated you and how I sometimes treat others, it's out of line even if I'm not called out on it. I will make efforts to amend my behaviour.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Godspeed Captain
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was very impressed with highest competence of this commander. He is know what he is doing, and things are going more smoothly when he is in command.

I witnessed how he can turn flow of events to marines side by doing tons of efforts as a XO.

After playing another round under Decker Alsimia command, I started to search for your posts at forum - and found this application.

I also was happy about references as Battlestar Galactica and Star-Trek in your application.

Id like to only to add, please when you can - change harsh treatment with your officers to advicing them. As harsh SO can dismorale their SL, same way it works in any chain of command. In your stories in application you show how your character can be persuasive, but dominance never should be too much.

And id like to see a CO who will makes me feel comfortable and happy, not scared and overdisciplined, so it would be more about love and less about fear(although fear would work mostly).

+1
    Last edited by meowpeow; 01-08-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're competent, smart and tough. I like that.
    You actively lead and aren't slacking off when in the role as far as I can tell.

You're also consistently tough on MPs. That's not an issue in and of itself.
    I agree with your attitude, I've seen consistently from you, that most MPs act incompetent. Perhaps that's my own opinion leaking in there as well but I digress. Although I've played MP to the point of having mained it and I have sympathy for 'em, I've also got to say the vast majority don't know what the hell they are doing be it confidence, knowledge of the law, situational awareness, understanding, etcetra. If you really want to help them, don't just bitch at them or try to get them arrested. That's easy to do and probably where your fault is. This same sentiment goes with squads and crew as well. Correct them what they are doing wrong. Be respectful. If they can't treat you the same, listen, and obey then sure, bring down whatever hammer you think is necessary. Avoid making shit up too to help your IC case if you want to help them learn. That just will create an argument and dissent and doesn't prove anything except you can BS well-enough to fool someone.

What am going to say is this. Temper the attitude a bit, work around it. Often you're gonna get shit that you don't want to happen, happen. It's gonna suck. MPs are gonna be incompetent, SLs retarded, Squad Marines not doing their job, entire squads not doing their job. When that happens, I'd say this... and I really shouldn't have to at this point to you: Don't lose your shit and blame everyone else, work around it and through it. A tiny bit of blame is ok, but MODERATE IT. You shouldn't be creating large arguments or "Blame Game" situations with other crew be it marines or officers. You are the Commanding Officer. The Captain. The highest rank on the ship.

I know you'll be a good CO, a tough and formal one, but a really good one in that sense. Just avoid making feuds and being too harsh or overbearing. Nothing wrong with being a actively strong leader of a CO who is getting involved in everyone's business, just gotta temper it with mutual respect otherwise it's written off as being aggressive and uncaring.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 01-08-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Vispainius,

Thanks for the detailed comment. Feedback is always good, especially negative feedback.

As I said in my reply to Vampmare, I realise my attitude can be an issue and I want to correct it. I do not suffer fools gladly, that in of itself is an issue when dealing with incompetence. But again, I'll keep working to correct it.