Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Role Suggestion: Company Representative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Role Suggestion: Company Representative

The Company Representative, and the Current State of the CL

Let us speak about the State of the Corporate Liaison role. Apart from potential roleplay scenarios available to the Liaison through interactions with the Research Team and the XRF scanner, few CL's take their time to look for people on the ship willing to engage in complicated RP scenarios. Usually, they'll fax Weyland asking for objectives, or sending some Sit-Reps, or get the CIC staff to sign the usual NDA, Affidavits of Liability and Intent to Preserve papers.

As you can see, the CL doesn't have the widest range of RP scenarios to choose from, and few Liaisons decide to take their time and create new, interesting situations. New CL players will, most likely, think that the role is useless and boring, and quit playing it, missing out on potentially interesting situations; and many CL's may be frustrated by the fact that their faxes don't receive any answers.

For the past few days, I've been thinking about some features, which would help improve the CL role and make it a more likeable one, and a more enjoyable one to play and play with. Here are some of my ideas regarding improvements to the role:

• Add a new role, the PMC Bodyguard, who would be a private contractor tasked with the Liaison's safety.
    • Let the CL bail people out of jail, or act as a lawyer for them, in order to help appeals go more smoothly.
    • Give each Survivor a code in their Personal Notes, which should be given to the CL through RP. Upon uploading the code via the CL's Computer, a DEFCON boost would be given to the marines.

I've saved the most complex idea for last. Due to the length of the suggestion, it's encased in spoiler tags, here:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hope you will enjoy this suggestion of mine, and I await your feedback!
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good suggestion, but..

All suggestions regarding CLs since 2015 have been denied or ignored by devs, that are currently focused on pushing CM further down the 2D call of duty route.

Most discussions regarding the role itself had no impact on anything whatsoever. People always talked and suggested some mechanics love to the CL, to no avail.

The role is bare bones and the whole "create your RP" mindset is not appropriate for the current state of CM. This suggestion being implemented would be nice If you can make It competent-only.

The chances of anything being given to the CL depends on a dev saying "screw It, i like this Idea", and going forward with It.

Edit: What would the rep even do in the meantime?
    Last edited by Jeether; 10-23-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeether View Post
    What would the rep even do in the meantime?
    That's a good question!

If the CL can't fax, or doesn't RP well, or simply ends up deploying and dying somehow, the Rep would get into a pickle and have nothing to do.

The Rep could attempt contacting the CIC staff itself, and grant them several small objectives to do!

If the CIC staff doesn't have time to communicate either, the Rep may activate one of their special implants, which connects them to the Almayer's High-Res Visual Scanners, granting them the ability to remotely survey the battlefield. OOCly this would merely be an ability in which the Rep ghosts out of their body, and can see what's going on around the colony, so that the Rep won't get bored. When the Rep wants to go back to their body, they may press the Re-Enter Corpse button. I think there's already such an ability in BayCode or TG codes, which may easily be implemented in here, though I'm no Dev!

HRP Main to the Bone

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes pleeeeeease

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just let adememes do shit with the CL? Not every round has to be a carbon copy of PVP slugfest, something cool i mean, not some LRP "LelL rescue le quirky Corgi Dog, he a very important company representative SIGNED: DA COMPANY"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    Why not just let adememes do shit with the CL?
    They already CAN do basically whatever they want with the CL, as far as the admins are concerned.
    Even the lower-level moderation can get the CL to do stuff, though they're a little more closely regulated in regards to what they're allowed to do, and what they're capable of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoonki View Post
    They already CAN do basically whatever they want with the CL, as far as the admins are concerned.
    Even the lower-level moderation can get the CL to do stuff, though they're a little more closely regulated in regards to what they're allowed to do, and what they're capable of.
    Yes but I mean ACTUALLY do shit with the CL without having to post 5 paragraphs to the council on why the round wasn't a boring carbon copy of the last one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually the Staff Team is rather busy with enforcing the rules and looking for potential rulebreaks and handling ahelps; they don't have time to focus on the CL and give them stuff to do.

The Representative role was designed just to have a single whitelisted, competent person each round who would give the CL items and stuff to do, thus taking a burden off the Staff Team's shoulders.

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the idea of the bodyguard, provided they have some OOC restrictions I don't see how they would harm the game and they could RP with the CL

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CL can already hire marines. Command usually doesn't give a fuck if CL ganks one PFC for himself, unless it will be some very robust guy. Make a good contract template and ask for signs.
    Just be sure to give it to a marine who is known that can RP enough to value money, or some concepts, or brotherhoods over gameplay convinience.