User Tag List

Thread: DEADmetal - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DEADmetal - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    DEADmetal03
    Character Name?
    Travis Pointdexter
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Xenomorph
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Sakuyoi
    Total Ban Duration
    Indefinite
    Remaining Duration
    Indefinite
    What other servers do you play on?
    Only CM.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I have a job ban on Paradise Station. I've received it when I was new and decided to spice up the game by soft griefing. I thought it's not against the rules.

I also have a marine job ban on CM server for ghosting in random locations (lockers, dark and remote locations on the station). I didn't knew that I was supposed to ghost only in cryopods.
    Reason for Ban
    Not following queens order which apparently was for young xenos to not push outside of the caves (LV-624) and dying two times as a young and mature runner.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I have no chat logs or screenshots as I've logged off just after dying as runner for the second time. For the same reason, I couldn't have been contacted by admin. So I'll describe what happened in that round from my perspective in respect of what is important regarding this application.

I wasted no time and proceeded my usual routine - smashing barriers, opening doors and breaking windows, to make the map more xeno friendly. When marines landed, I backed off and started to gank them mainly from the north side of the river. I've attacked several marines successfully, placed in some fractures, and killed one of them. I was also stalking them between the landing zones and there I saved an ancient runner (107) from a sure death, by dragging them a long way to safety and on the weeds, and guarding them until they started recovering. They said I was their hero. I'm sure they could testify for that.

I would evaluate the first half of my gameplay in that round as quite effective, considerate and careful. However, it started to go downhill when I decided to attack a lone marine with flamethrower. I noticed that they are a good player, yet still I pressed on with my attempts to knock them down. Eventually they managed to set me on fire. I ran, but they chased me down while I was still on fire and killed me. My runner gameplay was far less careful, so I died two more times as a result. In the meantime I've missed the queens order. As far as I remember, admin reported that the queen reported me more than once. However, I didn't get any messages from admins. I don't remember if I had logged off between my deaths. I'm inclined to think I didn't.

My poor performance and not noticing queens order had a lot to do with how tired I was. I shouldn't have actually started that round, as I needed to get some sleep bad.

The next day I have contacted the admin who banned me and they have told me that one of the important factors in this decision was my poor xeno notes from May. Turns out they have also played as xeno in this round and they have felt that the queen was too controlling (I will ask them to comment on it in this thread). Also, in my opinion, if this queen can be considered as too controlling, then the queen from the round in which I received my previous (24 hour) ban back in May, was extensively and needlessly controlling, and perhaps even targeting me personally. She was ordering me to evolve from Ancient Lurker into Ravager. I do think it's an important detail as again, it was a factor in this case.

Here's the link to my appeal for the old case:

//showthrea...(Job-Role-Ban)

I'm not denying my fault however. I would have followed queens orders if I saw them, so it was my fault for missing them. I realize how wasteful dying three times in one round is. However, I do consider myself an effective xeno player and even decent players have their bad rounds, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the correct link to my other appeal.

//showthrea...-Rule-3-Rule-4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventyas View Post
    "Fallback' isn't being abusing. Ordering someone to evolve isn't being abusive. IC-OOC, called the queen 'another faget queen this round' on the discord.
    Thanks for bringing up my notes. Indeed, they look bad, but there's more context in that than someone would possibly like to consider.

Regarding my ghosting in Almayer, I was new to CM and I wasn't even all that familiar with SS13. I didn't even knew you can ahelp, so it wasn't intentional. I was actually taking my time to navigate to the most remote corners of the ship in order not to disturb someones RP with my ghosting.

Regarding May 24th incident, I have indeed called the queen a faget - I've brought that up personally, for my report to not be one sided - but I didn't do it directly. I just wrote it in general discussion section. Speaking of her orders, yes, fallback and evolve orders aren't abusive orders at all, yet evolve can be used in an abusive way, especially if it's an ancient lurker and there are more lurkers.

However, an order for the xenos to sacrifice themselves if need be, not to give out the location of the hive is abusive in my opinion. It was one of her orders and it can be seen in the logs I posted.

Again, I'm not trying to deny my guilt, I'm just trying to bring up the importance of the whole context in this case. And again, in this particular case, my guilt is evident. I should have not played that round if I was too tired to do it properly. Also, if my ban will be lifted, I will try to be more attentive to what's going on in chat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I've brought up how in (my opinion) the queen from May 24th round was abusive, here, besides other details, are the links to the screenshots where she urged xenos to die for her cause.

https://i.ibb.co/FxWJqPK/03.png

https://i.ibb.co/NmHzyRC/05.png

Again, I'm not trying to get my old report reviewed for the second time. I've explained what happened back then as evidently, it was a factor for issuing a ban in this particular case. Sorry for bumping this thread - can't edit posts.

To keep things clear, I shall repeat that regarding this particular case / round, I really have nothing to say against the queen (although Sakuyoi had noticed that she was too controlling) and I admit my guilt.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be taking over this appeal.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off this is a great appeal, probably one of the better ones I've seen posted.

With that being said though, I need your help understanding something. Between June and September of this year you logged almost no time, and as far as I can tell you haven't logged any time since the 24th of October, 2 days after you got this J-ban. While you did have 70+ hrs in October leading up to your ban, it seems that there is a massive gap between when you received the note prior to this ban being placed, and the J-ban in question. Help me understand what's going on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The may 24th incident left me with a bit of an unpleasant aftertaste for CM for a while. It in combination with the fact that I had some important stuff to do IRL starting from June, made me feel like taking a long break from SS13. The reason why I didn't log in to CM after this j-ban is that I only play Xeno, as I like the predatory, stealth type of gameplay involved in it.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking in to account that you're a Xeno only player, I feel that the time to which you have been absent can be excused. Adding this to the fact that your appeal and attitude have been excellent, I am going to lifting this J-ban.

Job ban appeal accepted.