Your Byond ID?
    Chaznoodles

Your Character Name?
    Cyrus Amir

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    N/A

Accused Character Name
    Unknown - Predator

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    20:20 - 20:30

What rule(s) were broken:
    Predator Honor Code

Description of the incident:
    I was a Charlie Engineer, on Solaris Ridge. I was setting up an outpost just north of Engineering, was cading up the last section of the wall. A predator pops his head in, cloaks and runs off. I mostly ignore it and go back to building, occupying myself. The predator promptly sprints back, wielded warscythe, and breaks my arm. The guy next to me draws his weapon and opens fire, while the other marines here take a moment and draw weapons before opening fire. The predator continued to circlestrafe around me trying to land hits, as you'll see from all the marine FF hits on me while they try and hit the predator, before it switches over to target them. After hitting them a few time, the predator cloaks and sprints off the way it came.

The reason I was told for this was that "I was in the way of the predator's prey". None of the folk there, to my knowledge, had encountered a predator prior to this, nor was I in the way as the predator could easily have walked around me. The predator clearly saw that I was preoccupied with building - as under the honor code, I was innocent prey - but went for me anyway. All the friendly fire occurences you see in the attached logs are due to the predator circlestrafing around me trying to land more hits, before switching over to try and kill the other marines. Either the predator player just wanted to dick with people, or wanted to provoke marines into firing so he could kill them and wave the predator stick around. There was zero attempt to initiate roleplay, or to create fun for any of the people he forced involvement from.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    I'd be surprised if they get punished.
    Last edited by Chaznoodles; 01-07-2019 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Explanation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there. I believe the predator cited in this report is me, Man'sur, NescauComToddy, as I received a PM from a moderator notifying me of your complaint.

I was not intending to hurt you or hunt at all, after all, I had not previously spoke to you, and you were an engineer, which did not make me see any reason to hunt you at all.

One of the Marines who was with you, Devin Rivera, whose name I gave in the PMs, was warned through the translator that I would engage him, where I informed him to "show me his full strength". He came back to the defenses positioned by you I believe, where I decloaked with the scythe and went in search of my fight.

When I quickly went towards my prey to attack it, I ended up hitting you with no malicious intent. You can see that for example, I believe I just attacked this specific marine after having missclicked you even while I was surrounded by others firing on me. I cared little for you, for there was no reason for me to defeat a disarmed engineer in battle, and you were not unworthy.

To hunt an engineer, without such having the ability to defend himself, would mean breaking the honor code, and that would be an infraction that deserves to have a penalty applied. That was not the case however, as I had no intention of hurting nor hunting you, it was a missclick, and because of that, I attacked you only once.

I'm sorry for breaking your arm, but you were not my prey. I clicked on you only once by accident while I was spamming my mouse, I'm sorry if you had your round jeopardized by that and FF.

In case you want some clarification in addition, feel free to question, but your problem in this case was a missclick occasioned by me spamming my mouse in Devin.

Note: I have by no means tried to hit you again after the missclick. I got in between several marines and positions to make it difficult for me to get hit, but I was not trying to hit anyone other than Devin.
    Last edited by NescauComToddy; 01-07-2019 at 03:42 AM.
    Man'sur, Cetanu's Al'nagara| Pedro 'Nescau' Heering

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh hey! I was actually witness to this. I was the other Charlie engineer just south of Cyrus. As I was moving further north, I saw the pred suddenly haul ass into our cades running around after a Delta. He took off once we all converged on him. It was pretty quick and I didn't personally see him hit you Chaznoodles, but the impression I got was that the pred was strictly after the Delta - he ignored me and the other marines trying to attack him before he fled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snippet of logs involving them:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty much as minor of a thing in the world you could report over. Technically, you can't be attacked but you're also in a warzone and expecting to remain perfectly untouched by the events around you is unrealistic. Hardly malicious intent but to make you happy I guess I can tell Nescau to remember to try to keep damage as focused on the target. Resolved.