User Tag List

Thread: Coordinate Lists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coordinate Lists

Fluff
    The JTAC frequency is brimming with banter, requests for fire assistance, Command is trying to get just anybody to give them coords for a forward supply drop, a monkey drops random pairs of three digit numbers every couple of minutes. An overly zealous LT is itching to confirm good hits, and you as XO just want that FOB crate to arrive at the ever hungry squad engineer feeding pits. The LT is asking you for permission to drop that cluster OB an MT found behind several tanks of welding fuel. You would double-check those coordinates, but nobody tells you jackshit about which coordinates go with which grid square, so you give a tired thumbs-up and the LT fires away. Several minutes later, you and the LT find yourself with fashionable new bulletholes in your heads on your way to the mass driver to be dishonorably discharged for killing 25 marines.
    Has this ever happened to you? Then coordinate lists may be the thing you need.

Find the one guy on the ground smart enough to lase exactly where you want and you'll have the offset for the round ready. This list will tell you about the colonies' landmarks' coordinates. ARES, state of the art machine that it is, should have given you something like this the second the Almayer entered scanning range. Keeping in line with american artillery doctrine, instead of using math during combat ops, you'll have this pre-measured and -calculated list handy to send down supplydrops and OBs where they belong.

QnA
    "Where are the other maps?"
    They'll be added soon(tm). Feel free to create and post your own lists.

"That's a small list."
    Yes. I deliberately didn't add coordinates for areas marines shouldn't be able to see from orbit. Mainly to reduce the powergaming aspect and maintain a sliver of integrity. And for some areas I just couldn't be bothered.

"This is incredibly sweaty."
    Kinda. It was ruled not to be powergaming though, unless people start misusing the tool.

"Why is this a shady link instead of being attached to the post?"
    Upload of attachments is limited to a list filetypes that does not include LO spreadsheets.

"Aren't coordinates randomised each round to a certain extent?"
    Currently all coordinates add a random value for longitude and one random value for latitude across the board. These two values are generated once every round. Getting the coordinates of a fixed point, e.g. an LZ console, allows players to find out what those offsets are and the spreadsheet works from there.

Downloads
    Never trust random links on the internet.
    LV-624
    Solaris Ridge
    Last edited by Coat McMutton; 11-01-2019 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Updated Download links to include BR

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Time to upgrade coordinate grid

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arent coordinates randomised each round to a certain extent?
    Regardless, abusing these coordinates for OBs and mortars will award you a slap.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marine nerfs coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Arent coordinates randomised each round to a certain extent?
    Currently all coordinates add a random value for longitude and one random value for latitude across the board. These two values are generated once every round. Getting the coordinates of a fixed point, e.g. an LZ console, allows players to find out what those offsets are and the spreadsheet works from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Regardless, abusing these coordinates for OBs and mortars will award you a slap.
    We had a brief discussion on Discord about this. Emerald (roughly) said that using and sharing this is fine, until it becomes a problem. Use: fine. Abuse: Not fine.
    It can be found by searching on Discord with the following tags; Emerald chimes in ~100 posts down:
    in: cm-discussion
    has: image
    during: 2019-10-19
    powergaming

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't something that can be ruled against because it's not enforceable. I have no problems with people using something like this to make calling grid-cords easier to do. Realistically any trained soldier should have the ability to give general coordinates regardless. The only way something like this is gonna be an issue is if people start using it to OB specific locations with just the blind intent on hitting or damaging something important. As long as it's used to improve the in-game system, I have no issues with this.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I do as XO/SO is I check the FOB supply drop coords against the OB coords or other similar coords. Gave coords for say hydro and then changed it to bridge? I can check and ballpark where the OB will hit in relation to marines. It doesn't always help and for me I love doing danger close missions, aliens typically run or hug marine lines to avoid fire support so having a OB hit close screws them up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added Big Red to the original post's downloadable files. It's much smaller (~140KB vs 2MB), because this one only use one lowres picture of the map instead of two jpegs. Also includes better usability.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Le epic
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer