Your Character Name?
    Amira Young
    Their BYOND Key
    Grimreaper some numbers
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    8:00 PM or so, EST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    - If a player breaks a rule, but increases the enjoyment of the server in general, (through roleplay or other such things) it can be overlooked. If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.
    - We're a server focused on the enjoyment of the players. As long as the players are having a blast and not every single rule is being broken, it's okay to let some things slide here and there.
    - Do not try to heavily influence the game unless it is for very good reasoning such as for an event, a player purposefully holding up the game, dishing out punishment for rule breaking (Examples: a commander killed a marine unjustly, a squad of marines are killing other marines for no reason, a queen is slashing every host known to man, aliens have stacked too many huggers) or other such things.

Enforcement of the rules
    - Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.
    Description of the incident
    OK so I am a marine so this comes from a mainly marine focused perspective.

We drop with orders to FOB up Hydro Road as our CPT wants us to do a mega FOB of some sort. OK cool; so most of us drop, go to Nexus, go North... and face a wall. Turns out, RNG isn't on the CPT's side, as Hydro Road is gone and the only way to Hydro is via West Nexus. We decide to hence go to Hydro through the Gym.

This is when we spot our first xenos. The xenos decided to weed Gym and impede our access to Hydro by spamming resin doors and walls all over Hydro and parts of Gym. OK cool; I find the fireaxe on the map and use it to bash away walls... and meet a Drone.

Said drone runs away and goes north... to the similarily resin doored and walled Bridge.

So RNG made Hydro Road disappear but in return we got a non-fogged Bridge.

Marines start to stack up with elements of each squad at Hydro and we start shooting down and bashing all the resin structures down while dealing with a Crusher and a rail gun boiler.

Once all of it is clear, we have to face a normal AND railgun boiler, but nothing much else. The xenos offer very weak resistance (usually they have a good amount of T3's guarding bridge but this time it was just a Warrior, boilers, and a few other T2-T1 mixture).

This is the xeno's first mistake, which lets us CAS and push in with only 10-15 marines past the bridge due to lack of T3 resistance.

The second mistake the xenos make is that they retreat without fighting back; they let us have Containers with minimal resistance, and only some small fighting at Caves west of containers, which lets us get past TWO MAJOR CHOKE POINTS.

This is when Grimreaper decides to MOOC that we are "metarushing". When this doesn't stop us and we're at Central caves pushing West caves, he decides to do a stupid announcement of a "cave in"; I suspect if we didn't retreat then he'd literally wall off the marines with permanent walls.

This is not OK. Nothing marines did was a meta rush; it was organic gameplay. Admins should NOT be stepping in and meddling with the round just because one side sucks and the other doesn't. Marines were on point and xenos were not. They sacrificed one of their boilers to be a rail gun which meant they only had 1 decent boiler providing cloud cover, and they didn't have enough T3's dedicating effort to blocking off choke points. It wasn't "meta"rush at all as xenos had been in contact with us the entire round and lead us directly to West caves due to their constant retreats and passive behavior.

Its also not "meta"rush as we know what xenos are capable of; and we know they have hives and that they grow stronger over time. And actual xenos led us directly to their hive with little resistance. So the logical conclusion is that we should push while they are still weak.

TL;DR just cause xenos mad and bad that round doesn't give an admin the right to step in and adjust the round to favor the losing side; thats the Developers job.
    Evidence
    Logs can be pulled.
    How you would punish the accused
    Idk

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the round with the quick LTB and all? Assuming such...

Was queen that round we had first queen sit and not ovi and had to take over, lost about 40,70 evo points from that. Did not know the admins were doing anything about the push. Are forces were scattered and only had about 28 xenos and planned to let them push in and just push them back when they are overextended in the caves. Instead we got a XOOC that a metarush was stopped and at this we pushed back against the marines before they take positions.

Main take no info that marines were told to go back till XOOC message. Maybe an alien or CO ahelped the rush? Need logs for that

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to clarify and address a few things here. It's the job of admins to ensure that the round flows smoothly, and is as enjoyable for as many people as possible. Obviously we're never going to make everyone happy, but we take action in the interests of the enjoyment of the round.

I observed the Marines push across the gap in the fog at the bridge with the use of CAS at around 12:25ish, and they were deep in the caves by 12:35. I checked player numbers at this point, seeing 110ish Marines (not humans, but Marines) against 25ish xenos.

At this point, I made an MOOC message about the metarush, as the round ending by 12:40 is not an enjoyable experience for most players. As it was ignored, I made a Command announcement which caused the Marines to retreat. I dropped a single small abomb north of some Marines who hadn't started to fall back after another minute or two. It knocked a few over, but otherwise did minimal damage. At this point, the Marines were back at the cave entrances, and I used XOOC to inform the Xenos that I had taken action to stop a metarush and that they had about 5 minutes to recover and prepare themselves appropriately. After this time, I made a Command announcement that the caves were once again safe to enter. This was the extent of the actions I took to prevent the metarush.

The round then proceeded smoothly until ending around 14:15, I believe, with a Marine victory. I believe my actions resulted in a more enjoyable round for most players, and that it allowed the round to progress as a round should, rather than abruptly ending near the start.

I believe that I followed all Staff Protocols appropriately and my actions were well within my duties as an admin.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played as one of the front pushing marines during the round, and the entire push was secured by good plays and marine coordination - CAS drops, GL and RPG spec run in immediately after with cover from ungas, and secure the ground. Truly a pleasure to watch, repeated till we entered western caves. I have not seen the MOOC message, but at that point we were notified of "quakes" in the caves, forcing the marines to retreat. The push ended up being completely wiped without the queen even having to shed her ovipositor.

This wasn't a metarush - this was an admin punishing good marine plays, telling them they've broken the rules (metarush) because there was a risk that xenos could lose the game in the first hour. Which, imo, they honestly wouldnt - I believe marines would have been pushed back by queen deovi, even if grim didnt take any action.
    Admin intervention simply wasnt neccessary, and happened way too early - should have waited till queen at least deovi'd and attempted to counterpush.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so let me re-iterate again, why this was not a metarush and should never have had a admin involved whatsoever (and it shows in your response, Grim, that you didn't investigate and just did a panic MOOC "METARUSH!!!").

1. Xenos spent their time weeding and resin structuring off Hydro instead of the properly securing Bridge and Beach.
    2. Did not defend the little structures they had as they were poorly placed and highly undefensible.
    3. Did not enough most of the xenos defending the Bridge chokepoint at start; only two boilers, and one of them was railgun.
    4. As said above, good GL, SADAR, and CAS plays letting us clear the non-defended Beach to create a beachhead for all the other marines behind us to push.
    5. NO BEACH DEFENSES. Barely any weeding done and no resin structures / sticky.
    6. The 2-3 major choke points (Containers West Cave Entrance, the zigzag past that, and the long corridor up towards Central Caves) were not adequately defended as once again the same T3's (boilers and I think a Ravager) tried to defend with a few acid splashes and bone chip spam and thats it till they let us enter Central Caves with no resistance. This is why we ended up so close to West Caves from Central Caves entrance.

Note we were fighting, at best, a quarter of the hive the entire time the push was going on. No idea what the rest of the hive was doing, but thats not the point. The xenos were incompetent and got punished for it by good marine plays yet marines got punished for said good plays.

Ive seen COUNTLESS TIMES that xenos obliterated marines and we had to evac before even 30 minutes pass because xenos keep rushing us down and we are disorganized, demoralized, and getting constantly FF'd or cut off by xenos. Yet I have never seen admins step in and say "META RUSH BACK OFF FROM THE MARINES OR ELSE!!!!!"

This was plain cut good marine plays and you failed to investigate it and put a blanket "metarush" label on it to defend bad xeno plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was a doctor this round and from what we saw, at no point did the xenomorphs have a reasonable chance of victory. The tide of injured and dead soldiers coming in was significantly lower than usual, they were repeatedly unable to push marines and it got to the point where medical actually sent down doctors to inquire as to whether or not a field hospital would be viable (it wasn't mostly due to lack of securing of hospital rather than xeno threat.

This was, from the beginning, a given marine victory and all that was achieved by preventing a 12:40 victory was a slogfest of marines slowly pushing the xenos who, by all means, seemed to also already know they were dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hola, Intelligence Officer here.

I feel as though the detonation, and the collapse of the caves was justified; for the marines were already curb stomping (potentially meta rushing; due to fog gap not being there, since the bridge was operational) the hive with CAS, and stun capable weapons.

The time I was even beginning to finish up my first intel drop (which only consisted of one document pouch, and a intel bag; scouting nexus, engineering, gym, hydro, medical, and research labs), I heard over comms that we were already pushing into the caves which was around 12:30ish.

By the time I started heading back to LZ1, a noticed came on comms chatter about a earthquake that was going to happen (both ARES, and command announcement was issued), although I feel for the marines for a delay on their advancement. The amount of dead xenos that I've seen during my intel gathering says that this was an early game rush, and for those that were caught in the detonation should next time heed ARES commands as a equivalent or roleplay equivalent to that of high command.

After the detonation, the game proceed on with the delay and ended two hours afterwards, in which is normal in comparison to a 45-55 minute round (since alamo is locked until 12:15, and briefing is usually held at 12:20 at the earliest; if we're in the caves by 12:30ish, then somethings wrong right there)

For that, I see this as Rule 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to remind people that Rule 0 not only applies to the marine playerbase, but the playerbase of the server together. Since the playerbase of the xenos is relatively small early game, and while taking in consideration of the fact that ship side roles don't really want to play a 12:45 - 12:55 round in which they prep everything, only to have it not be used or for them to sit around stirring trouble for the MPs (since Intellgence officer here, I and my colleagues haven't even dropped intel yet to the researchers or the ship; and I doubt the xenos want to play a round in which they get stun locked to hell and get curb stomped for a decent 20 minutes)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll pull up logs tommorowish

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell you now that nothing here is a rule break. Admins are free to step in to prevent early game losses and Grimreaper did so without overstepping any lines. We can leave it open but the outcome is not going to change.