Enyonggg - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Enyonggg

Marine Name
    Cha Jin-Wook

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Cain'dchoh

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, I�m familiar with the Predator Code of Honor, and have reviewed it several times to ensure that I understand the guidelines.

Yautja Character Story
    Cain'dchoh stalked from the top of the jungle, as the group of hooded insurgents treaded through the green leaves and vegetation. Their navy green outfits with leather hauberks and matching hoods marked them as combatants. He had been watching from above for days now, as the caravan moved through the region. They would move from colony to colony, brutalizing the inhabitants. After they were finished, they would line up the survivors execution style. As they got to the end of the line, they would record themselves decapitating the sole survivor. This had peaked Cain'dchoh�s interest in the group, as the merciless actions reminded him of his clan.

The group took a sudden stop, the same time they did the night before. Cain'dchoh got a little closer to the group as they began to set up a perimeter. From the conversations Cain'dchoh picked up, it seemed they were stranded within hostile territory, and were looking for a ship off of the planet. Cain'dchoh remained cloaked as he listened in to the Softmeat conversations. "Bahardu, get over here. Would you take a look at this shit?", the talking insurgent was holding what looked to be a radio. "The fucker is broken. I don't think we can even fix this shit." Cain'dchoh recorded the words to relay at a later time. Now was the time to pick.

The hunter watched each of the seven members, trying to pick which one he would take first. He had finally had enough time to judge each and every one for their abilities. He picked the weakest link of the group, a short, young, and silent male that hadn't seemed to enjoy the art of killing like his clan did. This made him the obvious choice to Cain'dchoh, as he felt it was dishonorable. He waited patiently for the insurgent to give him a chance to act. After an hour and twelve minutes of waiting silently, the insurgent stood up, and walked away from the camp. Cain'dchoh followed through the trees.

The softmeat noticed his presence as Cain'dchoh decloaked, and he began to scream. Cain'dchoh was recording again as he let the softmeat beg for his life. After a few seconds, Cain'dchoh tore the insurgent with his ceremonial dagger through the chest, and posed his body on the ground. He placed his hunting traps around the area, and amplified the scream with his wrist gauntlet to lure the others. He cloaked, and hid within the trees as the rest of the group came running to the sounds. The medic of their group was the first one to step into a hunting trap as he ran to save his friend. One of the others didn't realize until he was also trapped. The rest stopped in their tracks and tried to help their friends.

Cain'dchoh clicked tauntingly at the group from the trees. They pulled their weapons and started firing into the leaves. Cain'dchoh anticipated the reaction, and jumped down from above. He extended his blades from the wrist gauntlets, and moved around the group. Cain'dchoh uncloaked as he grabbed one of the members and threw him into the tree. While the insurgent fell to the ground unconsious, the other three turned their attention to Cain'dchoh. Cain'dchoh stuck his wrist blades through the heart of the closest one to him, and threw him aside. The other two members opened fire, and a few of the bullets hit Cain'dchoh. Despite the minor pain they inflicted, he was pleased the softmeats were giving a good fight.

As he closed in on the two still firing, one of them dropped their gun and ran away. Cain'dchoh sliced the arm off of the other one, and threw him to the ground. The medic still bound by the hunting traps screamed for mercy, not for their clan, but for themselves. This disgusted Cain'dchoh, as it was a great dishonor. He took the arm of the prey he overpowered, and put it in his bag. He walked to the insurgent medic, and began to taunt him, clicking at him as he cried for help. Cain'dchoh laughed at the dishonorable Prey, before taking off the trap. There was no point in taking the life of such a cowardly fool. He translated the words "RUN, COWARD" through his biomask. The medic did as told, and helped the delimbed insurgent to his feet. They ran away in the same direction as the Prey who ran away earlier. Cain'dchoh looked to his left to see that the softmeat he threw against the tree earlier was still incapacitated. He then looked to the last insurgent in his trap. It was the Prey that they called " Bahardu ". It was his prey.
    Bahardu sat in silence, knowing what was to come. All of his friends were either dead, incapacitated, or running away like cowards. Cain'dchoh walked up to Bahardu, ripping off the trap. Bahardu stood up, ready to meet his end. Cain'dchoh was pleased, and clicked about the stern lack of cowardness his friends shared. It reminded him of himself, which made Bahardu the most honorable prey of the group. Cain'dchoh took off his armor and Bio mask, throwing them aside. The darkness was only lit up by the lights illuminating off of the dead bodies around them. Cain'dchoh threw his dagger to the last insurgent, and pointed to it. Bahardu picked it up, and stared back to Cain'dchoh. Cain'dchoh played the voice from earlier to taunt him. A distorted voice saying " Bahardu, get over here" came from the gauntlets.

The last remaining CLF insurgent lunged at Cain'dchoh with the dagger. Cain'dchoh stepped aside, as the softmeat eagerly tried to slash at him. It was amusing to Cain'dchoh, and he mockingly played back a laugh from one of the dead mercenaries days before. This angered Bahardu, who threw another lunge at Cain'dchoh. Surprisingly, he landed a blow onto his chest. Cain'dchoh roared at the injury, and hit the softmeat in the face. The single blow knocked him over, and he crawled away. As Cain'dchoh walked up to grab him, the mercenary turned over and grabbed Cain'dchoh by the hair, cutting off one of his mandibles. Cain'dchoh roared as he dug his hands deep into Bahardu, grabbing his spinal cord. After getting a firm grip, Cain'dchoh ripped it out along with his skull. Bahardu was no more.

Cain'dchoh brought the trophy back to his lodge, and put it on a rack alongside the arm of the other worthy prey. He was proud of his work, and despite having only three mandibles left, he extended them to a grin. He got to cleaning and patching up his wounds. As Cain'dchoh cauterized where the missing mandible should have been, he thought back to the events. He swore to himself to not get as cocky as he did that hunt. Cain'dchoh then patched up his deep gash with leaves from a plant native to his homeworld. Finally, he injected the crystal deep into himself to amplify his recovery. His hunt was successful, and he claimed valuable trophies.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Cain'dchoh is unlike other yautja in that he takes neither pride nor trophies from his kills. In the course of the Hunt, he pursues worthy prey only as a means to better himself. As he is not bloodthirsty, he tends to show honorable opponents mercy. Perhaps as a result of his motives, he prefers quick, direct engagements and simple ambushes. Patient nonetheless, he is not brash, merely not the type to stalk or whittle down his opponents. He is certainly capable of waiting.Cain'dchoh sees the Code of Honor as fundamental to all sentient creatures, and any violations thereof, whether by yautja or not, are to be swiftly punished. If it is indeed a yautja who violated the Code, the yautja is an ic'jit, or bad blood, who should have known better, and Cain'dchoh has no issues treating the bad blood as unworthy prey. If it is another species which violated the Code, Cain'dchoh will give them the benefit of doubt�they are, after all, less enlightened�and fight them as worthy prey, unless they should prove unworthy to the end. For example, if a marine shoots a trapped larva, Cain'dchoh will make the marine a priority target. Vice versa, if a ravager chases a medic who is unable to fight, Cain'dchoh will make the ravager a priority target. Cain'dchoh enjoys practicing engineering and medicine, and attends to both with a meditative spirit. He is friendly but terse, and enjoys discussing the Code and all its ramifications. His lifelong goal is to be strong enough one day to be named a clan adjudicator, so that he may enforce the Code and hunt down the bad bloods who have dishonored his clan.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    This occurs towards other predators and humans from what I understand and, from what I understand, it has to the predator challenges the �foe� to an honor duel. A human or xeno chasing predator demanding an honor duel can end up marking them as unworthy. An honor duel is to the death (honor duels can have MERCY be given to the loser if the winner chooses) and to be conducted as honorable as possible. Ranged weapons are forbidden as well. The duel must be fought as honorable as possible and is to the death, however, it's recommended that if you knock down or disarm your rival, you let them recover if they can before a final blow. Observers who interfere with the duel will be considered unworthy and be can be chased out or disabled with ranged weapons. Humans and Xenos can't challenge a Predator, constantly pursuing a Predator with melee weapons demanding to fight a duel will label you as Unworthy Prey. As for the hunt, it is a concept considered sacred to the majority of the Predator race since hunting of dangerous prey is the backbone of Predator society and the means by which individuals prove their worth. Predator primarily hunt not for sustenance or the elimination of threats, but purely as a means of entertainment and proof of worth. As such, they will only attack life forms that have the ability, natural or technological, to provide them with a challenge. Indeed, Predators will travel great distances to find worthy opponents, often drawn by intense heat and conflict. Hunts typically involve a lone Predator individual, (they can also travel as group to a location to hunt separate prey) traveling to a remote location to track and kill dangerous and worthy prey, and the collection of trophies from that worthy prey.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    My Predator Cain'dchoh would be, like most all predators, inclined towards hunting for worthy prey. While quantity does have its own quality, I would want worthy prey that would give me the best story and meaning to bring back to my clan. To do this, I�d observe and watch the marines and xenos extensively in a search for worthy prey that shows promise, beyond that of its companions. While many on the field of battlefield may qualify as worthy, Cain'dchoh would want not only one of the strongest physically but one with exploits to their name he had personally seen. For example, Cain'dchoh would find a marine/CLF who survived several assaults against the serpents and killed one as extremely interesting. For Cain'dchoh this would signify resilience, luck, and skill all embodied in this marine. An interesting combo to fight against. For a xenomorph example, Cain'dchoh would look at xenos that seem a class above others in skill at fighting with, preferably, a willingness to fight. Cain'dchoh will also want to avoid hunting the hive or marines to extinction as well. By this I mean, it would be more fruitful to have a healthy and large hive of xenos instead of having a small hive that would collapse if Cain'dchoh interfered. Again, quality over quantity. I fully expect I may end up with no prey taken or only 1 per round with this mentality but it's important I make it about quality rather then quality to me. Cain'dchoh understands that in combat he may be struck and attacked purposely or by happenstance as he observes the battlefield up close. He won�t seek to escalate unless of course, the prey is right and worthy for his hunt of the finest story. When Cain'dchoh is on the field, something that may give him away to his potential prey is an approving laugh towards humans or xenos while an amplified �I see you� in Hooman speak is directed at his prospective human worthy prey.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I�ve been on CM I believe I have been both engaged in the community, engaged in the game, and created no issues with Staff. I have brought to the table my commentary, suggestions, gameplay, and occasionally my help to the community. I further think I�ve reflected I can follow the rules and, when I have messed up, I�ve both conducted myself with full cooperation, dignity and understanding of the situation. When it comes being predator, I�d treat it the same way as I do in bridge roles with High standards of RP practiced and dedication to the role and game. If there�s circumstances that I�m not in the mood for the role as Pred, I won�t play it. Simple as that since I find that�s a way or a key method to avoid having issues in roles. If I�m not into the mindset of the role at that moment, then I shouldn�t play it at that period of time. As for the predator role, I believe I am ready to take up the mantle of Predator and incorporate both my own style and the lore of CM I love so much into the way I play to make the round fun and immersive for both others and myself.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 10-27-2019 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Spacing of the story

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest, I'm not very good with apps, let alone what a good predator story is and i'm not voting just because you're my brother

I tend to focus more on playstyles, since that is more telling on a person's intent. And from what I see, you seem to be a considerate force of nature.

I also like how, just like the others, you'd try to create some buildup with the marines before attempting to attack them. It doesn't just build atmosphere, but also gives them a moment to prepare themselves. Outright ambushing them isn't good sport I say, I like my humies to know a pred is watching, teasing them, getting them on edge... That is what fun predator RP is, not just using ROAR emotes and charging them the first chance you get.

I'll toss in my support, because other than that, this app shows a lot of passion, passion that might be useful among our ranks. Just... If you get accepted, be ready to get your ass kicked a lot.. Predators aren't as tough as you think, it is a lot more brains than brawn.

+1 Good luck!
    Last edited by ChengChan; 10-27-2019 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Long message is better.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there!

Before reviewing the app itself, I do want to quote the Applying for Predator page on the Forums:

If your app is denied, you will be required to wait 30 days before you can post a new application, regardless of how fast you can make a new one. In addition, do not simply repost your old app with minor updates as it will be considered a low effort application.
    I've personally checked this app and the last one you've posted (which can be accessed here), and they're basically the same!

The story, Quirk, "Why you want the Whitelist?" and the "Interacting with other Preds" answers are completely identical (albeit lacking the spacing you've given them in the last app, which makes them really hard to read!). The only new thing to the app is that you've said that you can give mercy to opponents in a honor duel, and you've detailed what a hunt is all about (which, in my opinion, is rather lackluster; you've simply said that Predators hunt worthy prey, but how do they do this? How is this different from a duel?)

Now, regarding the app itself!

The story is rather decent, though I find the lack of dialogue and 1st person sequences rather jarring. It's very bare-bones in portraying your character's personal motivations, and apart from the CLF group you were engaging being one which could be considered bloodthirsty and dishonorable due to engaging innocents, I do not see the Adjudicator gimmick at work here, which is quite a bummer; the quirk is interesting! I would've enjoyed you to flesh out your character's personality more in the story; right now, your Predator feels more like a generic Hunter rather than a proper Adjudicator.

The quirk idea is very interesting, but I feel that you focused a bit too much on the Bad Blood part; you'll very rarely see Bad Bloods in-game! I like that you'll try to bring justice to the Hunting Grounds, yet don't try to push this too far; only Yautja are expected to know and follow the Honor Code, and, as you said, Humans are less-enlightened.

You detail the Honor Duel in a satisfying manner, yet you do not say anything about how exactly a hunt is different from a duel!

Sadly, I feel that you've missed the target with the "Predator Interaction" question. Instead of speaking about how you will interact with other Predators, you start speaking about finding worthy prey, and how you will interact with the prey. This answer could've been a gem if you decided to put your Adjudicator quirk in action here; imagine all the roleplay possibilities which could've come in action!

The application itself clearly shows that you've got a good grip on the Honor Code, and I know you're not a shitter; you'll surely not abuse the role!

I'll have to give a big -1 on this one. While you are a decent roleplayer and I am sure you would do a great job as a Predator, the application itself is rather weak, mostly because of the story missing the mark and about several weak answers, and because of the fact that the application is 95% the same as the last time you've applied for the role!

I recommend you attempt to create a completely new story and concept, if your application gets denied.
    Last edited by Anderut22; 10-27-2019 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Last Pred App link was broken.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! I have looked at this application and found that I believe the answers are well done. You clearly have a large sense of understanding of the role in which you are applying for. I truly do like this application a lot as it goes against the normal "murder all the things". It's a legitimate quirk that I can appreciate. I really do like a lot of things as you are also a very polite player OOCly.

I full heartedly give this application a strong +1. I hope to see you on the hunt, brother!
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually pretty well done my dude. a couple quick questions though coz apps are lame and halfassed on what we expect from you for them.

1. A fellow hunter insults you on your disfigurement (lost mandible) claiming it shows that you are weak and foolhardy insinuating you are less of a hunter for it. Whats your preds reaction to something like that?

2. You are hunting when at one point you have to set a trap which a runner triggers and gets trapped. At this point a few marines push onto the position not giving the runner time to detrap and escape and almost guaranteeing its death very quickly. Whats your reaction to the scene?

3. Your brother asks you to have a turn at predator?

Answer me these questions three and well see how it goes
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420M.Y.K View Post
    actually pretty well done my dude. a couple quick questions though coz apps are lame and halfassed on what we expect from you for them.

1. A fellow hunter insults you on your disfigurement (lost mandible) claiming it shows that you are weak and foolhardy insinuating you are less of a hunter for it. Whats your preds reaction to something like that?

2. You are hunting when at one point you have to set a trap which a runner triggers and gets trapped. At this point a few marines push onto the position not giving the runner time to detrap and escape and almost guaranteeing its death very quickly. Whats your reaction to the scene?

3. Your brother asks you to have a turn at predator?

Answer me these questions three and well see how it goes
    Hello! Thank you for the respond and the question!

1. For this question, I'm aware that preds are very prideful in general, the least you should do is insult them back and preds shouldn't just ignore someone thats insulting you but in my own opinion, it�s also low priority and almost not even worth your time even mulling over. He has not pressed you and if he is not becoming physical or outright attempting to hinder your ability to hunt, simply ignore him. He�s just being a d*ck. No need to escalate into a fight with a fellow Yautja.

2.) This is a tricky one! There are several questions that come up with this one: is the runner considered already unworthy? Is the runner being hunted by your pred? Depending on some factors it would still be the reaction of irritation and perhaps even annoyance at the fact you had killed a potential prey by accident. By no means was it intentional. Attacking or punishing the marines would not be a good reaction as they were not aware and only were doing their job.

3.) I am uncertain what question 3 is asking. If this is asking if someone OOCly is asking if they can get to be a predator then of course they can have a turn. In a right process. But if you are referring to my brother, then he can't and never use my predator account if ever I'll get accepted. He may be a well known d*ck in this community, but he respects my privacy especially he couldn't access my computer or know the password any of my accounts. All things must have a proper process to become what you want to be.
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 10-28-2019 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Added abt Cheng's

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderut22 View Post
    Hey there!

Before reviewing the app itself, I do want to quote the Applying for Predator page on the Forums:

I've personally checked this app and the last one you've posted (which can be accessed here), and they're basically the same!

The story, Quirk, "Why you want the Whitelist?" and the "Interacting with other Preds" answers are completely identical (albeit lacking the spacing you've given them in the last app, which makes them really hard to read!). The only new thing to the app is that you've said that you can give mercy to opponents in a honor duel, and you've detailed what a hunt is all about (which, in my opinion, is rather lackluster; you've simply said that Predators hunt worthy prey, but how do they do this? How is this different from a duel?)

Now, regarding the app itself!

The story is rather decent, though I find the lack of dialogue and 1st person sequences rather jarring. It's very bare-bones in portraying your character's personal motivations, and apart from the CLF group you were engaging being one which could be considered bloodthirsty and dishonorable due to engaging innocents, I do not see the Adjudicator gimmick at work here, which is quite a bummer; the quirk is interesting! I would've enjoyed you to flesh out your character's personality more in the story; right now, your Predator feels more like a generic Hunter rather than a proper Adjudicator.

The quirk idea is very interesting, but I feel that you focused a bit too much on the Bad Blood part; you'll very rarely see Bad Bloods in-game! I like that you'll try to bring justice to the Hunting Grounds, yet don't try to push this too far; only Yautja are expected to know and follow the Honor Code, and, as you said, Humans are less-enlightened.

You detail the Honor Duel in a satisfying manner, yet you do not say anything about how exactly a hunt is different from a duel!

Sadly, I feel that you've missed the target with the "Predator Interaction" question. Instead of speaking about how you will interact with other Predators, you start speaking about finding worthy prey, and how you will interact with the prey. This answer could've been a gem if you decided to put your Adjudicator quirk in action here; imagine all the roleplay possibilities which could've come in action!

The application itself clearly shows that you've got a good grip on the Honor Code, and I know you're not a shitter; you'll surely not abuse the role!

I'll have to give a big -1 on this one. While you are a decent roleplayer and I am sure you would do a great job as a Predator, the application itself is rather weak, mostly because of the story missing the mark and about several weak answers, and because of the fact that the application is 95% the same as the last time you've applied for the role!

I recommend you attempt to create a completely new story and concept, if your application gets denied.
    As much as I want to change the story and the concept, sadly I couldn't anymore since the story I've posted takes me too much time to make it especially i'm really not good at constructing sentences. It's the only thing that I could think of which is my bad! Sorry! Also, I've already change the other parts of where the question is more understandable than before. My bad if it isn't enough for you. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, pal! Much appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm familiar with Enyongg, I can safely give him my +1 due to both IC and OOC interactions. Enyongg has shown that he has the sufficient ability and knowledge for pred. I do have some questions though.

1. A corporate liaison picks up a shotgun and charges off into the jungle to speak to you. You're hiding in tall grass and he stops right next to you, he does not know you're there. What do you do?

2. A survivor calls you a "dreadlocked sissy coward". How does your predator reply?
    my first non combat medal

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading the answers to the questions you have been given, and your application as a whole, I am going to support this.

The only thing I have to say, that has not been said already, is about this:

Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    2.) This is a tricky one! There are several questions that come up with this one: is the runner considered already unworthy? Is the runner being hunted by your pred? Depending on some factors it would still be the reaction of irritation and perhaps even annoyance at the fact you had killed a potential prey by accident. By no means was it intentional. Attacking or punishing the marines would not be a good reaction as they were not aware and only were doing their job.
    Presuming the runner is not in fact unworthy already, I would suggest you move the runner away. Similarly to if you HPC and catch innocent prey (which the runner in this case would become) in it's radius, and cause their deaths, you would not be looked upon favourably and may get into some trouble for lack of care.
    Yautja are very easily capable of influencing the round flow, and you should do your utmost to ensure that you only affect the rounds of the people you are specifically hunting, and of those that choose to directly attack you of their own accord and thus face the consequences, rather than causing uninvolved parties to lose out unless absolutely unavoidable.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMusician321 View Post
    I'm familiar with Enyongg, I can safely give him my +1 due to both IC and OOC interactions. Enyongg has shown that he has the sufficient ability and knowledge for pred. I do have some questions though.

1. A corporate liaison picks up a shotgun and charges off into the jungle to speak to you. You're hiding in tall grass and he stops right next to you, he does not know you're there. What do you do?

2. A survivor calls you a "dreadlocked sissy coward". How does your predator reply?
    Thank you for the vote! Also, i'm sorry for the late response!

For number #1

I'd probably leave the CL alone, sure they're 'worthy' I guess but the CL is not a worthy opponent in the slightest and they're a non-combat role with a gun, sure you CAN hunt them if you want but we also need to consider that they 1) havent seen me and 2) they aren't worth the effort.

For number #2

We’re aware that yautja are prideful, and the least most can do is insult them back, some preds even killed those humans if they consider it unworthy, especially if the survivor engage to something that they shouldn’t do to preds and also, yautja shouldn't just ignore someone that’s insulting especially for humans, not only for fellow preds. Thing is, if we just ignoring them, it reduces your window of opportunity for RP, if other preds was there, they might spend the entire time insulting them and their mothers. But for me, the best would again just to ignore the survivor (with rp) because not only are they not worth your time but generally it's not great dealing with survivors as they are supposed to be surviving xenos. Let them trash talk and call you a sissy or whatever. It's not a big deal at all.
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 11-03-2019 at 03:12 AM.