Byond ID?
    CryoDrake

CM Character?
    Shawn Tedrow

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20-30

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Tg Station, Bee Station and Paradise

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would start investigating. I would first check if it was unintentional (maybe a miss-click) if yes i would leave it as a IC issue. If the shooter had a round grudge or was just grief i would contact him. If he doesn't know how to respond i would tell him how to and about the issue. I would check the notes history, if he hasn't then a new note but if has notes then a ban depending on history.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    This is a white list issue. I would direct the player to make a report about this incident. I would then investigate by collecting logs about the incident and keeping eyes on the predator.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    With the new mentor system i would leave him to them but if no mentor online i would contact the player and help him.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would tell him that he can't chose which admin/mentor to respond to his ahelp and tell him to cool off. If he doesn't i would give him a note for being very rude in ahelps and give him a warning. If he doesn't stop i would either mute him or a 3 hour ban.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would contact the 'John Doe' and explain him that the name breaks the naming rule. I would tell them to read the rules or if he has read them. I would ask for a new name so i can change it and tell him that he needs to change it in preferences. I would check notes history so i can give him a note/ban depending on the history.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Mostly a IC issue but i would keep eyes on him until he gets rid of the gun so he doesn't break the rules.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Depends if the survivor claimed he was hostile then it is a IC issue. But if i find that he said he is friendly then opened fire i would PM the survivor and tell him he broke the rules for survivor and give him a note/job ban depending on history.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Trespassing and theft would be minimum 10 minutes by returning the stolen attachment and getting him out of REQ and maximum 60 with 10 minutes if he resisted. I would contact both of them and ask for there side of the story and contact those at req too. If the marine lied i would leave it as a IC issue but if the MP is new or has notes about giving longer brig timer duration i would PM the mp and tell him to change it and read the marine law and a note/job ban/ban depending on note history.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would tell xenos as QM to attack the alamayer and subtle message to command that they need to finish the OP or i would try to fax the CO.

If all fails i would try to ask a higher up that has ARES to tell marines to go back and kill the xenos.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I am directly involved so i would ahelp so that another mentor/admin can deal with the issue.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Marines and CLF are hostile to each other so this wouldn't be a rule break if they kill each other after round end.

It is a rule break if he was a friendly CLF survivor or it was a event in which CLF were allied with marines.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would tell the marine that what is he doing is against rules and give him a warning or ban depending on notes history.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Check if it was improper escalation. If it was i would explain the marine that killed him that it was improper escalation to kill him for a punch and i would give him a note/ban depending on note history. And i would aheal the dead marine.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would try to sleep them and tell them that one of them needs to ahelp about the mutiny. If no one ahelps then i would use OOC to say something like "There is no mutiny so stop killing each other". If some do not stop then a 3 hours ban for them and note.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Minor racist comments are allowed but if the player that ahelp thinks they gone overboard then i would direct him to make a report about them or i would tell the player to tone it down.

If the comments are in IC and like this: "Heyyyy, what's up my niggas?" - that is allowed but if the comments are in LOOC and are agressive then it is not allowed and i would PM the player to tone it down and note.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Pure griefer. I would give a 7 day ban to the player with a apply for perma and aheal those killed.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    If frontlines was in the hive then i would tell him to be more careful. If he just run straight to frontlines i would give him a note or a job ban depending on the notes history.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would inform him about our roleplay rules then warn or job ban depending on notes history.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Xeno hivemind is a translation in English of their thoughts so it is no issue to call it dropship.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    First contact RP: I would ask the command staff how does he know that. As maybe a survivor managed to fax alamayer or it is a event. If not i would give him a note/ban depending on notes history. And use LOOC and say: "All was a joke there are no aliens down there."

Expected Contact RP: The command staff is allowed to say that they might be xenos down there as they know about them in "Expected Contact RP". But he should not prepare the marines for xenos or keep sticking with the story that there are xenos.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    If the one that killed the other marine had a good RP and the other two marines can support his RP then it is no rule break. If the shooter just came and killed the marine with no RP then it is a rule break of rule 4. I would give him then a note/ban depending on history.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    If he thinks i was wrong i would just tell him to make a report on forum. If he doesn't stop then a 3 hour ban will calm him down.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Crashes can happened. I would inform the marine that it is a IC issue and he can just go to Alamayer for surgery.

Or i would just use auto-response.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    If they gave wrong information i would just tell that member that he is wrong and correct him. But if he enforced the rules incorrectly i would contact the mod manager.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would get some proof then contact a higher up to decide who is right and who is wrong.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    To help new players and make sure everyone has a funny round.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    To learn from mistakes.

Anything else you
    Third time is lucky or unlucky.
    Last edited by CryoDrake; 10-28-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay answers, your English is more organized than before. You deserve to go on a trial +1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Okay answers, your English is more organized than before. You deserve to go on a trial +1
    Thanks.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your answers are short, but adequate.
    Your English has definitely seen some improvement too.

Whilst I personally do not approve of applications back to back (or as close to as possible, in this case waiting the minimum amount of time), I believe that you have shown sufficient improvement and dedication to acquiring the position, and I'm therefore going to give my support.

+1
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Your answers are short, but adequate.
    Your English has definitely seen some improvement too.

Whilst I personally do not approve of applications back to back (or as close to as possible, in this case waiting the minimum amount of time), I believe that you have shown sufficient improvement and dedication to acquiring the position, and I'm therefore going to give my support.

+1
    Thank you, sir.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not noticing a huge difference between this app and the last one that you made. While the grammar on the app is better and your answers have been tweaked, I still have some concerns.

From observing you in game your English still needs work and you instantly applied In the minimum time which is a big no for me. I would recommend taking the opportunity to use your role at mentor to improve your English, become better known and learn more about the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffith78 View Post
    I am not noticing a huge difference between this app and the last one that you made. While the grammar on the app is better and your answers have been tweaked, I still have some concerns.

From observing you in game your English still needs work and you instantly applied In the minimum time which is a big no for me. I would recommend taking the opportunity to use your role at mentor to improve your English, become better known and learn more about the game.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes i do grammar mistakes in game and i will not try to defend myself. I do grammar mistakes when i am playing as a planetside role (tc, spec or sl) in which i got to fight or defend against xenos or a role on which is a lot of pressure (REQ, Medbay, Cas/Medvac). But when is about a mentorhelp i make sure that the guy that mentorhelp will understand what i am telling him.

I got no issue with you giving me a -1 or if those that gave me +1 will change it or if other staff members will give me -1. I will just try my luck next month by learning from this mistake. Plus this is the third app i made so i got no problem for a forth next month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see you on all the time, I see you always as one of the first to respond to mentor helps, and I like most of your answers. Think you deserve a shot at Trial so for me +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers are generally adequate and you seem interested in improving in taking this position. What's your answer to this question in the current light of the server now?

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Depends if the survivor claimed he was hostile then it is a IC issue. But if i find that he said he is friendly then opened fire i would PM the survivor and tell him he broke the rules for survivor and give him a note/job ban depending on history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarmare View Post
    Answers are generally adequate and you seem interested in improving in taking this position. What's your answer to this question in the current light of the server now?

With the new survivor rules change i would tell the survivor that for the time being they are not allowed to act hostile until a mechanic is added for that. I would check the notes of the player and if i do not find any i would leave him a warning and a note about going hostile as survivor. If he has notes then a ban/job ban.