User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Johndis Nebelgran - Commander Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardo View Post
    You Don't get noticed for just doing stupid shit, being robust and competent in command works too.

Haven't see you, thought I'm not really active.

Remaining Neutral.
    I honestly don't mind not getting noticed I just play the game for the game I don't really mind if I earn myself a name I just care about playing the game for fun and I've gotten the feel that maybe I could play CO for the fact that "Hey Low pop. Oh hey no CO and there's a XO not knowing what they are doing." I've played as a LT to help new XO's but I can't always baby them so I give them tips when I'm not busy and I don't mind helping new players to a role I had a round where I was a TC and my Gunner was really new and said they were new in LOOC I let them know don't worry and play it smooth and they honestly could use work but I tolerated them. I've also seen you play captain many times before though haven't spoken to a Jeff Jenkins though would be a pleasure to be your SO or XO if I get the chance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

Fine application. You seem to have understanding of CO. Your story is fine as well. Disregarding other factors, your understanding of the role and detail shines through. The main problem is, they don't see you in-game to evaluate how you really do as Commander or playing command roles. As for actual game play and my own experiences, sadly I've never seen you in action playing. That's on me though. You seem to have a great understanding of the role so I'm giving you a chance. If you answer this well on my questions, then people might change their vote to positive as well as mine since this my only based to give my final vote. Anyway, good luck.

Scenario #1: One of your subordinates rebels himself up, refusing to follow orders and make everyone's day a nightmare. He's drunk and refuses to do his job. You've decided to execute him for such behaviour, but, your firing squad refuses to shoot so you decide to shoot yourself, then, your firing squad (composed by MP's and the CMP) decides to arrest you for murder. How do you proceed?

Scenario #2: After some time in the operation, lack of leadership has crippled your marines. You've decided to deploy to lead them yourself, however, no XO was around to keep the CIC manned, regardless of that, battle was calling so you deployed. Being in the FOB you spot the CMP walking towards you with intentions of arrest you for neglect of duty. What'd you do?

Scenario #3: A report came to your desk, a rescued colonist somehow kidnapped Jones and has threaten you to kill it if you don't give him money and booze. Your MP's track down the crimer and storm his hideout, sadly, the moment the MP's came in the colonist murdered Jones. The MP's have brought him to your presence. Actions?

Scenario #4: The map is Big Red with 20 marines per squad and about 30 aliens. You are waking up as commander 30 minutes into the round. The XO has sent charlie to scout east towards Lambda Labs, but they were wiped out immediately and completely by a rush of robust xenos from Lambda Labs. Alpha is on FOB duty but the defenses aren't even a quarter finished. Bravo is at engineering repairing power, and Delta is scouting out Research Labs with almost no contacts.

The xenos that wiped out Charlie are currently moving towards north of Engineering to surround and wipe out Bravo and Delta.
    You have CAS available, and a very robust tank team standing by at LZ1.

As the commander waking up, how do you save Bravo and Delta from dying a horrible death? You only have a few minutes to make orders before they get surrounded.

Scenario #5: You're the CO, you've sent marines down to the planet and you've given all your orders and what-not when an SO reports to you that a squad leader (And by association, his squad) is disobeying your orders to stay at the FOB in favour of rushing the frontline and fighting. Your SO has told them that those aren't their orders but the squad isn't listening, how would you handle this?

Scenario #6:Imagine this. If you, as a CO, made a plan for the whole round, relayed it to the command staff and started executing it, then 10 minutes after the drop your XO and SO's would completely ignore it and do their own thing - how would you handle that? What would you do about the CIC staff, and what about the squad leaders planetside? Would you rather stick to your own plan, or try to bend towards theirs?

PS: I'm not from CO council! If you don't want to answer this questions you can just simply ignore this since I really don't have the rights to ask you this kind of questions. But one thing I can assure you, your answers will have a big impact to the voters if you abswer it well.

Good luck, commander! *salute

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The app is solid except for the story; once you get to the ‘story’ (dossier), you pretty much lose interest. The purpose of the story is to show that you’re capable of designing a properly storyline with a beginning/middle/end (like any proper round), and - hopefully - it indicates to us that you’re capable of RPing to the level expected of the role. Telling me you led two squads in some operation doesn’t do that.

Couple that with the negative community support and the fact I haven’t seen you to justify otherwise, and I’m sitting at a -1.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weighing in the lack of answers to Enyonggg's questions, which have been up for a week, your lack of activity from what I've seen as a very very active player, both on high and low pop, and what Scsnv and a few others said, this will be a -1.

What I recommend is playing XO on high pop, at least three times a week, and reworking your story.

Also this.

"I've yelled kicked and screamed before to get people to move..."

This is a bad way to "command."

Leadership should not and /almost/ never be exclusively brute force in the CIC, even more so if marines have started to fail to listen to orders. Marines want and need a reason to listen, screaming at them compounds the problem even more. if you are getting what I am coming from.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gonna say that how you explained what's deserving of a BE isn't how it's supposed to work. I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you BE people for major crimes, you'd get warnings and stuff pretty damn quick.

I gotta -1 this, sorry.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything that could've been said about your app has been said and then some. This is gonna be a -1 from me. Try again in a month, and be sure to consult the council and other COs when proofreading your app next time.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied, Please reapply with the required time.

Otherwise Talk to a Council Member or Join our discord for help on polishing your app.