User Tag List

Thread: Outsider - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outsider - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Outsider_ex
    Character Name?
    Viorla "Torch" Star
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    n/a
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    A15MAR19
    Total Ban Duration
    Permenant, I believe
    Remaining Duration
    n/a
    What other servers do you play on?
    /tg/station
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I don't believe I have been banned on any SS13 server.
    Reason for Ban
    LRP AND GRIEF
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Hello; it has been sometime, a few weeks at least, since I have played on this server. Upon starting up Byond and trying to join the server, I was notified that I had been banned for LRP and Griefing, by A15MAR19. Or at least I believe that's who banned me.

This came as a complete surprise to me; I was not aware I had been banned. Certainly, the last time I played on the server, I had not broken any rules; neither had I received any communication from the admins over any rules I have broken. This notification came as a shock to me as I have no recollection of having broken the rules, and certainly none of griefing or failing to RP properly.

As mentioned above, as I have recived no messages from admins when I was playing last time, I am not even aware of what, if anything, caused me to be banned. As such providing evidence is difficult as I have no idea what, if anything, I have done in order to be banned. I have always followed the RP rules to my best ability. I have never griefed or done similar game spoiling actions.

It is hard to argue one's innocence in the face of not being aware of what it is one has done. I believe that a mistake has been made, and that I have been banned on accident, as certainly I can think of nothing that would have caused me to be banned. The only thing that I can think of is having to go AFK a few times; however I have never played in any role or job where going AFK would damage the round. Furthermore I do not see how this could be described as LRP and griefing and on re-reading the rules cannot find anything relating to this.

If I have somehow broken the rules, this would only have been done by accident and not a malicious intention. If I have indeed broken the rules in someway, I can only apologise profusely and promise it will never happen again. However, I maintain that I believe this to be a mistake as mentioned above, I have received no in game notification of my account being banned; I have no recollection of having done anything to have caused my account to be banned, and the last time I played, nothing out of the ordinary happened, with my ban coming as a complete surprise to me.

I would like to please ask for the ban on my account to be lifted, or at the very least, to have it explained to me what it is that has caused me to be banned.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No notes found on Outsider_ex. This seems to be a sticky Ban.

Do you use a VPN or Cracked Windows?
    Last edited by Hunk1; 11-04-2019 at 01:32 AM. Reason: removed signature for obvious reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do use a VPN at times, yes. I usually turn it off before going on Byond but I had it on yesterday.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    I do use a VPN at times, yes. I usually turn it off before going on Byond but I had it on yesterday.

That's the issue. Our server triggeres a sticky ban when a VPN is detected. Refrain from using it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do. Thank you very much; sorry for the bother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to bother you again but I'm still banned despite not using a VPN when I try to connect.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    a manager will contact you as soon as you're confirmed on a sticky ban cluster. those usually take some time to confirm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for letting me know.