User Tag List

Thread: lengord - Developer Application (Spriter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lengord - Developer Application (Spriter)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    Lengord

Age?
    18+

Gender?
    Male

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Spriter

If Coder, what languages?
    -

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    No

Proof of any previous or current work:
    How well do you know Git?
    0.1/10

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    -English lvl A2
    -Can't promise stable work or play (depends on available free time)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Lengord, and thank you for applying for the spriter position.

The sprites provided in your app are of decent quality, though the style is quite different from our own. On top of this, while it's not required to know beforehand, as a Spriter you'll need to understand how Git works to add content to the game. We can help you figure out git though if this is to be accepted.

I'm mostly content, though before I provide you the Spriter app, I have a few short questions I'd like you to answer:

What's your Discord ID? If you could PM me it over the forums or provide it here that would help a ton. We have a staff discord you'll need to be in to stay up to date, and I hand out the test/talk with you during this process via DMs.

You say you can't promise stable work or play. How much time in a given week do you think you'll be able to spend on Spriting, and will there be times where you are unable to sprite, or talk to us for over a week? If you could go into further detail on this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for applying, and I look forward to your response.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. As a headsup, the Spriter test was issued to Lengord On the 11th via Discord, and we have since been in contact regarding the application. Lengord has as long as he needs to complete the application, but I will be checking in every weekend for progress until he turns in his results.

When I get the results and my team and I have discussed them, I will respond here again with our verdict.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Test was turned in last night and after some discussion we’ve decided to accept Lengord onto the team.

Accepted. Expect your perms to be updated shortly.

Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler: