Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Novacti - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Novacti

Player Name You Use Most?
    Odell Cromwell

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...2301#post32301

- CO application

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    N/A

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I would rather not perform a BE unless the situation cannot be contained using non-lethal means. Or the situation calls for immediate defusal. Only to be executed when the MP force is insufficient with pacifying the threat.
    For me, I would most likely BE if the lives of either myself or the people around me is endangered and/or when someone is intentionally causing damage to the ship itself and/or majorly compromising the integrity of the operation. Attempts to usurp command is to be negotiated if possible. If a peaceful, acceptable solution cannot be found, then a BE will be executed under these extreme circumstances.
    A BE varies from a regular execution due to its extrajudicial nature, fast-forwarding past all the processes that a regular execution would have to engage in and eliminating the perpetrator without all the time taken on arrests, appeals and other tasks that may cause a disruption to the operation.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Odell usually tries to be just and approachable, despite most of the time where he shall be viewed as methodical and orderly.
    Other times, Odell may just be a little cynical and make a few jokes, to improve crew morale and improve his public opinion, when the chance is granted.
    Odell does not mind taunts/insults/criticism, me may seem unflinching when he is criticized. However, he still takes all his negatives to heart and will attempt to improve on it, despite not showing much of a reaction.
    Odell leads by example; encouraging his men, accepting his faults and always putting the success of operation before all else. He will often include quotes that are either relevant to the situation or those that which may or may not improve morale and combat efficiency.

During the insubordination of a crew/marine, the MP’s/deputized officer/synth will be utilized to arbitrate said perpetrator, then a reasonable conclusion is to be achieved.

For the insubordination of mission-critical personnel; IE: officers, SL’s and MP’s,
    The same process is to be taken but a lighter sentence is to be carried out. If insubordination continues/the sentence exhorts it, a suitable AND competent replacement is to be found.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The commander's role is to enforce discipline while delegating tasks, promoting the efficient and harmonious conduct of the operation which will ultimately lead to its success, all the while analysing the situation before making decisions and taking responsibility for the consequences that are subsequent to the decisions that are made.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I think the commanding officer could do with additional means of co-ordination and procuring intelligence, such as: a device for completely monitoring and sorting communication that passes through every channel, giving the commander a tool that assists in keeping better track of information, relaying and regarding information with greater precision.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I could provide adequate leadership onboard the Almayer, improving operational integrity by being a strong source of leadership and decision-making. Also, a person to blame when the operation goes wrong.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

- Medals at the bottom of the page.

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before giving an opinion, I have to mention that I merely check the app itself but check how the player acted in the game and how I remember them. So, this will be about the behavior that I've seen, while merely thinking about the app except for few most important ones.

As one of the CO that has given a medal to Odell Cromwell, I do not doubt about his performance on the CIC and his tactics on combat.
    A couple of times, I have taken their idea and adapted to the plan. And from my point of view, it merely had failed and led to victory; Such as maneuvering the attack and spotting the flank points to give a critical strike to the enemies.

Skills not only limited to the tactical robustness, but he had also shown good care about his ship; Such as when there was an issue between the MP and Marine.
    So that also settles the concern of the skill from person to person.

RP wise - He's the one who gives out the coffee to the CO, while I have actually witnessed a couple of jokes he's making in the briefing room, before the briefing to cheering Marines up. So, I can support his sentence mentioning his character's personality.

No more questions to give, I'll simply be going to give +1 without hesitation.
    Last edited by Yuliy; 11-06-2019 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Additional info

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've changed for the better as CO and app came out better then I expected, and I give you props for it. Now, as for the app itself, I can tell not only did you put effort into it, but you used feedback well and came up with an app that has everything im looking for. Answers are acceptable and your story is decent. Its not perfect same as others, but I can see how you will play your character and how they will generally act. You are a competent member of the community and I trust you will be an effective Commander. Sorry but this will be a +1, and good luck.
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 11-06-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Active player and competent executive officer. +1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thank you all for the positive replies. I am humbled. I will continue to keep up with standards and act accordingly.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will mirror the same I said when you first applied and have nothing else to add.

+1
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking over your application, both this one and the last one, I can happily say that you seem to have addressed the key issue I had with your last one. I just have one question for you this time around since I vaguely remember a few good encounters with you from last time:

Under what circumstances do you feel a BE is acceptable and under what circumstances do you think you'd likely get reported for a BE?
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A CO applicant that actually plays XO and does so competently. Good improvement from the last app as others have said, and despite the weird format/style of your story, your communication in game is good. Question though on the following scenario:

You late join a round at 1220 and there is no other CIC staff on. You urgently head to deliver briefing and when you get there marines are goofing off, punching each other, spamming *pain, etc. Nobody is listening to you as you try to deliver briefing, and no MPs are present. What would you do?
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FGRSentinel
    I, myself would only BE when a situation has been deemed immediately life-threatening to either the people around me or myself, or when someone is being severely detrimental to the crew/operation/ship's health or integrity and cannot be talked out of it. Attempts to usurp me of my command will usually be met with negotiations and an attempt at a peaceful solution, either with my willing resignation if it is voted upon by the ship's crew and discussed or mutual understanding is understood, if the attempts still persist, either MP's will be dispatched or if there are no MP's, a non-lethal method will be attempted. If all else fails, or if the attempt is escalated to a hostile negotiation, I will not hesitate to BE.

Can you further exemplify on the "Under what circumstances do you feel a BE is acceptable and under what circumstances do you think you'd likely get reported for a BE?" question? I do not fully understand what you would like for an answer, however, the answer to my interpretation of this would be: I feel like I would be reported for a BE if I either BE'd a new MP for appropriate reasons, but due to being new, it was adminhelped it or when I BE'd a mass of "unofficial" mutineers who were aggressively attempting to undermine command.

@SirMandrake
    Make an announcement/use the megaphone, attempting to keep them quiet or calm them down, then ask the MP's to enforce light, but effective disciplinary measures as I don't want to cause a riot. After the brief, make an announcement with all the details that the brief encompassed. Also, I would keep the brief short.

If the marines still don't react to the MP's interaction, I'll deliver the brief anyways, then I shall deliver an announcement stating what was said during the brief.

If they still do not listen to the orders, I would enforce discipline unto them if I have the time and resources available. Depending con the circumstance, I'm willing to just let it go, they're here to have fun, it's just a game anyways, we're not the actual military.
    Last edited by Novacti; 11-10-2019 at 03:26 AM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    @FGRSentinel
    I, myself would only BE when a situation has been deemed immediately life-threatening to either the people around me or myself, or when someone is being severely detrimental to the crew/operation/ship's health or integrity and cannot be talked out of it. Attempts to usurp me of my command will usually be met with negotiations and an attempt at a peaceful solution, either with my willing resignation if it is voted upon by the ship's crew and discussed or mutual understanding is understood, if the attempts still persist, either MP's will be dispatched or if there are no MP's, a non-lethal method will be attempted. If all else fails, or if the attempt is escalated to a hostile negotiation, I will not hesitate to BE.

Can you further exemplify on the "Under what circumstances do you feel a BE is acceptable and under what circumstances do you think you'd likely get reported for a BE?" question? I do not fully understand what you would like for an answer, however, the answer to my interpretation of this would be: I feel like I would be reported for a BE if I either BE'd a new MP for appropriate reasons, but due to being new, it was adminhelped it or when I BE'd a mass of "unofficial" mutineers who were aggressively attempting to undermine command.

@SirMandrake
    Make an announcement/use the megaphone, attempting to keep them quiet or calm them down, then ask the MP's to enforce light, but effective disciplinary measures as I don't want to cause a riot. After the brief, make an announcement with all the details that the brief encompassed. Also, I would keep the brief short.

If the marines still don't react to the MP's interaction, I'll deliver the brief anyways, then I shall deliver an announcement stating what was said during the brief.

If they still do not listen to the orders, I would enforce discipline unto them if I have the time and resources available. Depending con the circumstance, I'm willing to just let it go, they're here to have fun, it's just a game anyways, we're not the actual military.
    Thanks for the answer, although my question was specific that there are no mps for a reason. That situation comes up now and again, and honestly it's usually better imo to dismiss briefing and issue orders via announcements to keep the round flowing.

Your answer, given there are mps, is fine. Though i disagree slightly with some of it, I don't think you would abuse the BE. I've seen you XO a few times now and you lead well. I'll +1

Good luck man!
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine