Admin who banned you (if known)
    Hulk1 I think thats his name?
    Total Ban Duration
    7 days
    Remaining Duration
    6.7 Days
    What other servers do you play on?
    None other, just this. This is home.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Nope, this is primarily the only server I play.
    Reason for Ban
    MetaGaming
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Me and my friend were playing, goofing around. Stealing lights off the walls ingame. Before We had a admin state it was okay for us to do so, but ONLY if it was after debriefing and marines to go planetside/stationside.

We were hiding the lights in open spots but. Ill just skip to the main piece what cause the metagaming issue. My friend and I were running from MP, it was fun to goof around a bit after being planetside majority of time or what not. During eachothers chase from one anothers MP. My friend messaged me briefly on steam and said someone 'Ghosted' him and he couldn't return to his body, but then MP caught him and arrested him. I was already speaking to the admin about stealing the lights from the station already, an we were discussing about the whole lights. I had asked him why he force ghosted another player, he got smug and was like. "How do you know I ghosted someone?" I admittedly told him that we communicated briefly that he said he was Forcibly ghosted out of his body so he can get caught.

This isnt really a 'MetaGame' to be had here, I didn't go rescue him or do anything to free him. He was on his own as was I. There was nothing to power game in this situation other than said moderator/admin abusing a situation.

Hell, I'll admit we were causing trouble and being rowdy but I mean..That was pretty uncalled for. We had stopped taking the lights and all an were just running around. Given that the admin was 3rd partying for engineer and MP's were allowing Engineers to brandish weapons against someone who isn't combatant. But this is petty

One more thing to point out, during all this as well. Admin said I was caught breaking lights by engineer. I hid majority of the lights and broke like 10 in a corner spot with NO light near by. Engineer didnt catch me but I was with my friend roaming the station at the time, I guess you could say I was accomplice to this. but I was never spotted in a open space breaking so admin was Metagaming for his engineering friend.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Not hiding the fact I did any of that. You specifically said to do it after people got out of cryo's so people are confused and blinded. So I did After the debriefing.

I like how the spoiler shows that I ONLY broke when I hid majority of them instead of breaking them, Can't be peaceful for this? Not trying to vice grip you by the balls here but I mean come on atleast tell the truth, and I wasn't arguing extensively I was arguing for my defense not to toy with you or something.(Assuming You are hulk1)

I didn't metagame to gain any type of ground or level against any person(s), do our own thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey so I was the MT you accuse of "metagaming"

I found both of you taking lights off walls, running around with only your uniforms to have maximum speed (I assume this is how you eluded the MP clowns for so long) and with M5 knives. You were also hoarding light tubes in the Firing Range (starboard).

So first of all this is incredibly fucking LRP, you have no reason to do this, it's not even "goofing off" and it's honestly borderline griefing - I'm even tempted to player report it but luckily for you I'm not that petty and I only resolve things IC. Which is what I did. Considering you made me and my coworkers' lives fucking HELL for one hour straight and got us blamed for running power incorrectly (because the crew is so distracted they can't tell the difference between a power shortage and the light tubes being stolen from beneath them) and the MPs were incompetent, I took it into my own hands to get you both arrested/killed. I saw you BOTH in action, never deploying, running around the halls, taking out lights, and when I walked up to you to question you, you just ran away from me evasively. Not to mention I saw you BOTH pluck light tubes - and in fact one of you was throwing them so they'd break. Don't just think because you hid them it wasn't an inconvenience. We still have to click each light tube, wait out the click delay, click our light replacer, wait out the delay, click the light tube again, etc, and we have to then run around the ship 3 times clicking every single light fixture sprite just for you to do it again.

Ah yes, I am a trained marine, let me just spend my entire deployment onboard my ship running around like an idiot disrupting the lighting. Because I'm bored.

tl;dr All the information that led me to hunt you down, I gained by myself with no outside intervention.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    Hey so I was the MT you accuse of "metagaming"

I found both of you taking lights off walls, running around with only your uniforms to have maximum speed (I assume this is how you eluded the MP clowns for so long) and with M5 knives. You were also hoarding light tubes in the Firing Range (starboard).

So first of all this is incredibly fucking LRP, you have no reason to do this, it's not even "goofing off" and it's honestly borderline griefing - I'm even tempted to player report it but luckily for you I'm not that petty and I only resolve things IC. Which is what I did. Considering you made me and my coworkers' lives fucking HELL for one hour straight and got us blamed for running power incorrectly (because the crew is so distracted they can't tell the difference between a power shortage and the light tubes being stolen from beneath them) and the MPs were incompetent, I took it into my own hands to get you both arrested/killed. I saw you BOTH in action, never deploying, running around the halls, taking out lights, and when I walked up to you to question you, you just ran away from me evasively. Not to mention I saw you BOTH pluck light tubes - and in fact one of you was throwing them so they'd break. Don't just think because you hid them it wasn't an inconvenience. We still have to click each light tube, wait out the click delay, click our light replacer, wait out the delay, click the light tube again, etc, and we have to then run around the ship 3 times clicking every single light fixture sprite just for you to do it again.

Ah yes, I am a trained marine, let me just spend my entire deployment onboard my ship running around like an idiot disrupting the lighting. Because I'm bored.

tl;dr All the information that led me to hunt you down, I gained by myself with no outside intervention.
    Rules do state you have to be mentally stable marines when you come out of Cryo, doesn't state that marines cant do some shit like this and be called 'insane'. Yes it was pretty chaotic but all an all, its the most Ive seen engineering move around in the past weeks. I rarely ever seen engineering if I hung around the station and just did nothing or whatever.
    But yeah, we were causing a lot of hell and I even said we were. I just don't get why MP's allowed you guys to have makeshift stunbatons , I was told they were illegal weaponry by MP's at one point so yeah they were pretty incompetent.

So I want to asume you were the engineer that followed me inside barracks after I took off an tried to detain me, the only spot I got found and I didnt have any lights on me was by the shooting range and I ran into the marine barracks and you came right up to me. I hadnt seen any announcements at the time we were wanted or anything, I even had walked by the mps a few time and chatted with them too.

An thank you for not lying like that report did. I did hid a ton of light bulbs in the shooting range and in the bathroom Delta/Charlie side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe this entire appeal hinges on your not using the information to your own advantage. However if you read the rules you'll see rule 6 states : "Rule 6. No Metagaming or Metacommunication - Acting upon knowledge your character does not have OR communicating information about the current round, including but not limited to private discussions, chat rooms, and voice chats during the game."

"Or", not "and". You broke the rules and in fact used your outside knowledge to confront a moderator about their actions. Moderators are not accountable to you and do not have to explain their actions to third parties. You got into this yourself, the ban was properly placed and will remain in place.
    Last edited by Sir Lordington; 11-12-2019 at 07:50 PM.