Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chatillon - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Ventyas

Player Name You Use Most?
    Renaud �Sierra� Chatillon

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    N/A

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Last and only ban on 11th of November for early round shenanigans, 3 hours

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Aaaaaah BE� I personally hate it. (Not because I got BEed a lot but because I really thinks it kills RP). Personally, I don�t think I will ever have to use it if I got MPs on board. I don�t think that BE is a good tool to use if you wanna be respected as Captain. Using Marine law as your first response tool is far better and mature than pulling out your big iron Mateba in my opinion.

The only circumstances I can see myself using the BE is if I�m deployed on a planet and have a real disrespect or assault from a marine with the intent to sap my authority with no other way than using the Mateba or a very very problematic CL as my character backstory is opposed to W-Y. Otherwise, I really prefer to give work to the MPs for the enjoyment of everyone and my personal RP standard. Moreover, my character as a commanding officer is very on point on Marine law usage so BE is a tool that my character will highly dislike to use at any point.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    In general I would say that the organisation of my ship would be:
    CIC and Operation Management: Captain and Lieutenants as Support
    Military Police: CMP authority and MPs (Potential Captain support in special occasion)
    Other Departement: Each Department is under XO and Department's chief responsibility.
    Potential other activities (Survivors, CL etc�): XO authority

Engineering: The Captain isn�t meant to manage all the personnel in the ship so I would first refer on the CE to manage that problem. However, if it�s the CE that is having a problem to get in line or there�s no CE, I would let the ship second officer, The XO manage the problem as he is my right arm. If situation is out of control, the MPs or a deputized SO will do the work.

SO: Well, I mean we all passed by this stage of the game where we discover a new job. First of all, I�ll link him wiki page in OOC, maybe try to see if there�s a mentor online and give him an easier task to do like Overwatching the FOB squad or a squad with a very efficient Squad leader. If there�s enough personnel in CIC, I�ll probably also take time to show him directly ICly as if he was recently promoted.

XO: Here�s is a big issue that sometimes happen. When your XO is giving inverse orders and tell in public that what you are requesting is dumb isn�t good for the whole crew. In this kind of situation, I personally think that you need to regain authority and give the XO a chance to give his opinion.

So I�ll request him to come in my Office for a one to one talk letting the Operation in the hand of a competent SO for 5mn and discuss with the XO about the problem he have. I�ll tell him that he cannot in any way undermine his commander authority even more if he is the second officer and that if he doesn�t find my order right, he can request to speak with me in my office anytime. However, on the bridge he needs to follow your call. I�ll then listen to his remarks and take the one interesting into account.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of the CPT is to command like an XO but with a higher RP implementation. It can be made by small gimmick (french ones in my case), strategies or just way to command that could refresh the game to all players from CIC to marines passing by all the Departments. I also see the XO, when there is a captain, as the �Ship Manager� which is pretty uncommon but let sometimes high RP interactions happen creating fresh content for some players without even to imply myself in.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    The CPT job is far better than before with the addition of the of department management and the access of MPs radio. It gives far more incentives to RP and this is for me the main goal of the Captain. What I dislike is the BE. I personally hate it and find that loads of BE are just� Abusive. I would suggest a rework of the BE usage to make it harder to use.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    My character is a french christian captain (If I�m whitelisted that would be the second) and place Bravery, Nobility and Loyalty above all qualities. His loyalty to the USCM, Marine Law and the USS Almayer is total and he will never accept to lose his ship without losing his live in the process.

However, His relations with W-Y are in a very bad shape as his father died in a W-Y factory. The gimmick I would like to implement is a captain that will always carry two books: The Bible and Marine Law using it like two holy books with the truth in.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    Funny thing is that this story REALLY happened in a round with an event. I modified some parts in order to get it more adapted to the app

I�ll remember this operation for years� It happened on the 11th of December 2178, on the USS Almayer. I was second officer in Command under Captain Kesserline�s Command. Marines were starting to wake up when the whole CIC personnel was called for a briefing in Captain�s office.

�We received a distress call from a prison colony named Fiorina Peniteniary Colony. We got no clue about the threat and the potential hostiles on board. High command request a fast investigation of the colony. Briefing will be held in 20 mn prepare your overwatch consoles� started Captain�s Kesserline.

After all SO�s got out, he turned himself to my side of the office, where I was lighting two cigars, for both of us.

�You�ll as usual take care of all shipside departments and other stuffs while I will be commanding the Operation�, told my captain.

�Sure�

�However, we got the Fleet Admiral comming, I received a fax earlier, he will be there in about an hour�

At those words, I literally choke myself with the cigar I just started to smoke

�What the- Well I mean, what do you need me to do, Sir?�

�For now, just casual shit, but you�ll be in charge of his arrival�

�Solid copy�, I just left the room after a brief salute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

About 20 minutes later, while working in REQ, I got requested on the Hangar to recover with the MPs some �Survivors� of the Colony.

There was only two apparent survivors. After a search procedure done by the MPs, I did bring them to the Commander�s Office in order to speak with them.

First, I did light up a new cigar and told them to seat. The CMP arrived on time so we began the discussion.

�So, first tell me who you are and what the fuck happened to your Colony?�

�Well, uh, I�m Jeremy Davis, a marshall of this colony and my men over here is� Well I don�t know who he is as he doesn�t know how to write and he lost his tongue during our survival, I just call him Yuri�

�So, Davis and� Yuri? what is the reason of this distress call. Our marines just deployed and find bodies everywhere with large holes in it�

�That�s because of those fucking lizards! Those are monsters with giant claws, lurking through vents, using their crabs to implement new lizards in human bodies� I even saw one of my friend burst out��

By radio �Captain, you might be interested in what the survivor says, he got intels on those �lizards� that our mens reported as potential hostiles�

�Good Copy, come to CIC and handle the Operation while I speak with those survivors�

A minute after I was on the desk not as an Lieutenant but as the Acting Commander. For the first time. I knew technically all the tools I had, all the affectations but being in charge was stressful the first minutes. To get more assurance, I did put my hand on my pocket bible and sended a small pray to God.

�All Staff Officers report! I want a SITREP on all squads�

�Alpha is scouting south west, No contact so far.�

�Bravo on FOB duty, everything�s fine�

�Charlie repairing the colony power. Reported two lizards lurking around, 1m90 tall�

�Delta got a few hostile lizards contact in the Maximum security area�

I looked down on a map to quickly remind where each area was when the Commander told me I was in charge for the rest of the Operation: �Renaud, you�ll be in charge for the rest of this Operation. Fleet Admiral is in advance and wants to meet me. The apparent �Hive� thing of those lizards is west side of the colony, around civ residentials and evac IMMEDIATELY all marines that have contact with a weird crab or egg.

�Solid Copy, Captain.�

�All SO�s! Prepare your squads to move! The hostile camp is located on the west part of the colony. Alpha you�ll move to the south entry of it and block there. Put that M56D to use. Charlie, Move to Middle way and block here. Delta SITREP?�

�Delta is pushing, Commander. Contact are fleeing by the North way�

�Tell them to stop there and heal their wounds. I want Bravo to move to them�

�Copy Commander!�

30 minute passed. Our lines were under constant harassment but marines hold strong. North did even push in the Civilian residential.

�Commander, Fleet Admiral here. I will be sending Captain�s Kesserline on the field. Continue to manage the operation and send me your Chief Engineer.

�Solid Copy�, switching to Engineering comms �Chief Engineer Leigson on Captain�s office�

�Chatillon. Kesserline here, I�m under 3 delta guard and we are going to the Front line. When you feel the time has come, call a 3 front assault, I�ll lead the north attack�

�Solid Copy, Captain. Merde � vous!�

�What did you just told me?�

�Well� French way to give luck, Sir...�

�Those greencards� I swear��

3 mn after, we Launched the big push. Combat was harsh. I turned myself to the Announcement console, not really knowing what to do� No real order to give, SO�s were doing the job fine. Push was going on but the morale was falling down. Too many Marines died already.

I started to look down on the announcement console and declared: �To all Marines. Victory is near! Hoora! The enemy is scattered and weak, just give them the final blow! God bless your hand and give you the bravery to revenge our fallen brothers! Bioscan in 5mn!

5mn after, marines were chasing the last thing in the prison. Bioscan detected only one contact. The operation was over.

I lay down on the commanding officer chair and look behind me. There I saw the Fleet admiral nodding.
    Last edited by Ventyas; 01-07-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your story is okay, expected more interaction with the Fleet Admiral. The way you intend to play is quite interesting, I'd say to be careful with your french expressions since they're harder to understand than an accent, I believe that you won't abuse the BE system, since you're willing to make it harder to use.

I'd say to play more Command, I really don't remember seeing you playing SO/XO, could be a timezone difference. I'll remain neutral until someone vouches for you.
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    Your story is okay, expected more interaction with the Fleet Admiral. The way you intend to play is quite interesting, I'd say to be careful with your french expressions since they're harder to understand than an accent, I believe that you won't abuse the BE system, since you're willing to make it harder to use.

I'd say to play more Command, I really don't remember seeing you playing SO/XO, could be a timezone difference. I'll remain neutral until someone vouches for you.
    Yeah I don't plan on using hard french expression, just basic ones that everyone knows like "Sacrebleu" or "Oui" more or less.

I did play command a lot like 2 month ago and play it on a regular basis of 2 to 5 times a week. I Play on EU timezone mostly on very low pop rounds (~50 players)

Thanks for the feedback

EDIT: for the interaction I tried to stay as close as possible to what REALLY happened in the round
    Last edited by Ventyas; 01-07-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen this frog around plenty of times and he's competent.

Just remember leave the memery at the door when you're in the Captain's chair
    +1

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ugly stinky salty frog who's good at the game and is a competent SL +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, saw you playing and it seems that people trust ya. Changing to +1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I've seen this frog around plenty of times and he's competent.

Just remember leave the memery at the door when you're in the Captain's chair
    +1
    No meme in serious job. Solid copy. Thanks for the support

Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    Okay, saw you playing and it seems that people trust ya. Changing to +1
    Thanks for the support. Hoping I'll be good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    ugly stinky salty frog who's good at the game and is a competent SL +1
    I'm not THAT ugly. Thanks for the support
    Last edited by Ventyas; 01-11-2019 at 10:11 AM.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw him in the CIC plenty of times and he seems trustworthy.
    That will be a +1 from me. Keep it going buddy !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's always a good LT or a good SL and sometimes even XO. Even though he's a baguette thats smelly only thing wrong with the story is just some sentences and even with that I can understand just due to you're not a native english speaker so I can't hate you for it. +1 Hope the CO council accepts you frenchie

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smov View Post
    Saw him in the CIC plenty of times and he seems trustworthy.
    That will be a +1 from me. Keep it going buddy !
    Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by Audi_Gzz View Post
    He's always a good LT or a good SL and sometimes even XO. Even though he's a baguette thats smelly only thing wrong with the story is just some sentences and even with that I can understand just due to you're not a native english speaker so I can't hate you for it. +1 Hope the CO council accepts you frenchie
    Yeah english is the third language I'm learning after german and spannish so I still got trouble with the grammar and such... Thanks for the support!