Takyon - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Takyon69

Marine Name
    Rudie Gibbs

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Glutt'Hun

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    I think I'm still banned from Hippie Station for letting the clown suffocate in the Brig. This was about two years ago now, so the ban is probably lifted.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yeah. Read over it several times, and will read over it several more during gameplay.

Yautja Character Story
    Glutt’Hun was born on Yautja Prime, as many of his kind are. His mother gave him the name “Glutt’Hun” because he was a particularly fat baby at birth. In his young years, this was not particularly an issue although older Yautja were concerned it would affect his abilities going into adulthood. The young Yautja ate more than usual, and sometimes more than his fair share which frustrated both his family and his clan. From a young age Glutt’Hun was exposed to a very luxurious lifestyle, which suited him very well.

The Clan ‘Hun’ he was born into was very prosperous and almost spoilt. They favored lavish architecture and design over inherit effectiveness. They are often seen trying to integrate with other successful Yautja clans, but are usually rejected due to their bad reputation. Many Yautja see the Hun Clan as 'posers', that surround themselves with delicacies. This is generally seen as weak within Yautja society. The Hun Clan can be identified by their use of curves and smooth edges in terms of ships and armor, and the use of unconventional materials like gold and dyes.

Glutt’Hun very rarely left his home world. The only times he did was to meet other Yautja to discuss topics such as religion, politics and the economy of Yautja society. This was all just clan routine after all. Even rarer so would he go on a hunt with his brothers, but his trophies were never impressive. His hunts would allow him to study alien worlds and wildlife in particular.

One night on an unknown planet Glutt'Hun and two of his brothers were resting at a campsite. The day prior was a harsh hunt with minuscule rewards. And all three were starved. The two Yautja practically bullied Glutt'Hun into retrieving a meal and into cooking it. After all, he contributed the least to the hunt.

When Glutt'Hun came back with an assortment of plants and small animals, he boiled it all in a broth over the crackling fire. Boiling the food is not an unconventional method of cooking for the Yautja, rather it was what he used in the boil. Specific organs were used from small animals, such as eyeballs, tongues and livers. All strung together on a stick. Spices were used, which are not all that common on the Yautja homeworld where this trio originates from. Let's just say that the hunting party was pleased with the result, Glutt'Hun included.

Glutt’Hun realized early on that he was a skilled cook. His appetite for food only helped him in this endeavor. After abandoning his original goal of becoming a governor on Yautja Prime, and against the will of his family, Glutt’Hun dedicated himself to the craft. Quickly gaining recognition from his ability to cook up only the most delicious meals.

The most respected of Yautja society took note of Glutt’Hun, and he was invited to a festival as a head chef, tasked with cooking the feast for that night. This was a great honor to Glutt’Hun, and also his clan. Will this give the Hun Clan a chance to redeem themselves? At this point Glutt'Hun began personal expeditions to exotic star systems to discover new ingredients. After discovering his new purpose, Glutt’Hun paid more attention to his hunts. In order to get the meats he desired, he needed to kill bigger beasts.

Glutt’Hun used many exotic meats and spices, sometimes from rarely visited and isolated worlds. He used the meat of great beasts and the fruit of sweet trees. As the feast was being prepared on a great table, Glutt’Hun made sure to stay in the Dining Hall, awaiting criticism for his work. There must of been over fifty Yautja in that room. The Hall was awash with lanterns and banners of many clans including his own. Letting his clan down now would bring great shame to the clan, and Glutt'Hun himself. This was his moment to impress.

The Yautja sat in their seats, the meals there in the center of the table. Cutlery at the ready, and drinks at their side.

Nothing happened.

Glutt'Hun, confused at first, approached a member of another clan in their seat. Just as he opened his mouth - a Yautja in a great, long cloak entered the room through the large wooden door. You could physically feel his presence occupy the Hall. Yes, this Yautja was of great importance. It was very difficult to make out his face under the shadow of his hood.

This Yautja was accompanied by two of his subordinates which wore similar attire. As they halted at the end of the table, the hooded Yautja revealed his face and he looked up, raising his shakily hands in unison. This Yautja must have been at least a few millennia old, thought Glutt’Hun.

The rest of the Dining Hall was in complete silence in the presence of the old Yautja. Yes, it struck Glutt'Hun then and there. This was the birthday of this obviously very respected Elder. The feast he was asked to prepare was really for him. Glutt'Hun could slowly feel the physical pressure mounting on his back. What if the spices he used were contaminated? What of the meat? Was it rotten? Was the fruit filled with maggots?

The old Elder began to speak with deep and slow clicks. “Let us praise N’ithya and Thardha for this rightful feast.” The Hall blew up into a flurry of clicks before shortly settling down. The Elder’s subordinates pulled out his seat as he sat down. The feast began, and Glutt’Hun left the room flustered.

Thirty minutes later, Glutt’Hun came back to the Hall. The Elder was already gone. Glutt’Hun asked one of the Yautja if he enjoyed the feast. The Yautja was visibly confused “You were here weren’t you? He said it was one of the finest feasts he had eaten in a very long time. He gave the cook his blessing.” “I prepared that feast” Replied Glutt’Hun. “I see... “ The Yautja walked back to his clanmates, about five or six of them in one group. This was the clan organizing the feast, and the clan the Elder was a member of. One of the older Yautja returned to him. “You are to prepare the feast for the next festival. We expect your dish to be of the same or better quality. The Elder would settle for nothing less.”

Glutt’Hun was frustrated. This random Yautja was barking this order at him, he was not rewarded for this feast either, this feast where he earned this so-called Elder’s “blessing”. “What of my clan? You have turned them away time and time again. All of you have. If I am to cook this feast, I expect my clan to be treated with the respect they deserve.”

The clique looked at each other before turning to Glutt’Hun. “Very well”. “If the Elder judges you right, then your clan will be better recognized.” That was all Glutt’Hun needed. The Yautja left the room, not looking back.

Glutt’Hun prepared to leave the planet yet again. In ten Prime Cycles he will be face to face with an Elder. “Another honor…” he thought. Unsure if the other Yautja will live up to their side of the deal, he set off into the dark space.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Glutt’Hun isn’t exactly the aggressive or boastful type, so cooperating with other Yautja will be common practice. Gathering food items, especially from humans and the colony will be one of his objectives to create the perfect recipe. All of that will fall within the honor code, and there’ll be no interference with either side for the sake of gathering ingredients.

Glutt’Hun will also make comments on gore and disgusting things since a mess is no good for a feast. You would be able to tell over time that he comes from a sort of prosperous and sheltered background with the way he acts. He’ll also comment on other Yautja being unorganized or messy, since that’s not the Hun way.

Due to his profession, Glutt’Hun prays to Thardha with the hopes he will gather the right materials for his dish. And prays again when his dish is completed. He may also worship other gods when gathering food such as N’ithya or Dhichak.

Of course Glutt’Hun will participate in duels and hunts, foraging for food won’t stop that from happening.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Both hunts and honor duels are fairly similar. However honor duels require that both combatants must be equally equipped with a melee weapon. In a hunt, you can use a wider range of equipment to kill your prey. If you were to heal, hide or run away from the opposite party during a duel then you would be deemed dishonorable by the Yautja. Doing these things while being hunted is not dishonorable.

In honor duels, you can grant mercy if you are victorious however in hunts you must kill your target for their trophy. You can also challenge other Yautja to an honor duel. The rules of fighting a Yautja in an honor duel is no different from fighting a human in an honor duel.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Glutt’Hun is going to be fairly passive when it comes to other Predators. At the very most Glutt’Hun will be cautious around other predators, but only when he needs to be. He will often give other Yautja tasks to bring him certain objects, and he might reward them if they are successful. He may also organize large feasts where many Yautja attend.

(I’m not sure if Yautja even need to eat in the game, if not then most of that aspect will be roleplayed).

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I think I can bring a unique character to the hunt. Obviously having fun is a big aspect of it, but I also want to contribute to the whitelist in general and offer my suggestions to make it even better. I don't mind writing content for the Yautja either if you need some writers.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to thank Survivor, TacticalSpacePilot and Yukonsnow for assisting me in writing the application. Thanks lads.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated, I did help Takyon revise their story and such.

I saw no glaring issues with the application, and the story and answers didn't need any major reworkings. The Quirk was unique, and the idea behind why their predator hunts is interesting to me.

They have my +1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stories are fine but I don't see you ingame so giving you a -1.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We probably have different timezones, I'm on pretty often. My timezone is GMT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story's good and portrays the Preddie's quirk and personality rather well, answers are decent too. It's obvious you've put effort into the application and I see no problem giving you a +1 on it, as much as it's worth from a newbie.
    Ava 'Rodent' Dean - Squaddie/Liaison, snarky and dies most of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the app over on discord, the story is indeed good and displays the quirk and backstory of your pred well, which I also like. Personally no issues with this one.
    I'm going to give my point, but I do have one question for you... Another Yautja ridicules you and your clan for being pampered and spoiled, how do you respond to this?

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally I would point out all the faults of their own clan. Every clan has their downsides. But if I have no knowledge of their clan, then I’ll call them jealous because of our supreme wealth and fashion! If the Yuatja in question takes offence to this, then an honor duel is in order I think.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea everything checks out and seems fine +1.
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, seems fine to me. Good luck! +1
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th