User Tag List

Thread: RupertA - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RupertA - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    TitMcqueen
    Character Name?
    Elvis Pestle Jr
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    nope
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Vicacrov
    Total Ban Duration
    10080 Minutes
    Remaining Duration
    19979 Minutes
    What other servers do you play on?
    none
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    nope
    Reason for Ban
    Little confused to be honest, it started with my name of which I agreed to change after a small converstaion, trying to understand the rules "I'll change my name", "I'll have to think give me a minute", asking
    questions to get a better understanding, then the trail mod starting asking about a "ckey" whatever that means, fairly new player, was asking something about "connect to CM under a different Ckey" which I wasn't sure what he meant
    so after he clarified I assumed it meant other accounts accounts using the same computer???? I mentioned my brother uses his account on my computer time to time, then he stated that "You forgot your bother even exsisting" even though
    I told him as soon as I understood the question.

The trial mod said that I was "uncooperative" Even after saying I would change the name and that I "Didn't mention their "brother" until the third question of asking about another possible ckey" Even though as can be
    clearly seen my the supporting documents that I said I had a brother as soon as he clarified what he meant as I didn't understand what he was asking.

Obviously I will change my name as I already agreed to, as for the Ckey thing or whatever it is I am still a little lost as to why this trail mod acted in the way he did and wrote a misleading ban reason that
    isn't reflective of what actually occured.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    none
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Notes for TitMcqueen

Spoiler Spoiler:

Secondary Ckey found linked to this account via CID: Commander Potato

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Logs

Admin PMs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the delay. I've only just come off of a leave of absence.

This should have expired by now, however, you were banned for multikeying, the use of one or more additional log ins to bypass bans, gain information from current rounds that you wouldn't know otherwise or to have multiple lives etc. This was determined because you share the IP and CID address with one or more ckeys, on our rules page it expressively informs users that we do not allow multikeying, it states on the rules pages that should you have multiple users in your household that may play the game, to Adminhelp and inform staff of the ckeys of the other people so we may note it down to prevent us from banning for multikeying.

As for the ban, the moderator in question assumed that you were multikeying due to the fact that your brother has already racked up multiple warnings for inappropriate names and due to the fact we had no prior information off of either of you assumed you were the same person multikeying to evade bans and notes and acted accordingly.

Be aware that should either you or your brother land a ban for any reason, it will automatically apply to both accounts due to the shared IP and CID.

Resolved. Ban expired. No perma applied.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager