Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USMC Ideas Division

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post USMC Ideas Division

For various random ideas of questionable usefullness

Exactly what it says on the tin, various Quality of Life improvements, tools or clothes that you just want to kinda get out there.

Not intended for memeing, but that line is hard to determine with the various ideas and QoL ideas people might have, either way, go ahead and voice what you think might be a great idea and watch as noone that actually codes even notices this post.
    How about i begin with few.

Needle Grenade
    Intended to put an end to the agony that is heal nades, Needle nades work extremely simple.
    Fill with chem(s) of choice, close it and prime when needed.
    Detonation instantly injects anyone in its blast radius with the chems.
    15 U of Tramadol would mean 15 U of tramadol to EVERYONE in its radius.
    This makes them easy to customize and manufacture.
    To prevent abuse (Cyanide needlers), they could be made to only accept safe/approved chems.

NBC kit
    Trade dignity, mobility and well-being for total immunity to gas, acid and mean words!
    NBC kit consists of a full rubber overcoat (replaces armor, deny acid and gas, feel slashes 100%) fully sealed helmet (that muffles any non-headset sound) and an filter kit (replaces backpack)
    Unlike the Perfectly Balanced and Useful Gas Mask every PFC vendor comes with, the NBC kit does NOT impede vision, rather movement, sound and the ability to blend in with the crowd.
    Would come as a 30 point kit in most PFC vendors.
    Mods should probably expect people to call them gimp suits.

If you got any other ideas, suggestions and the like, go ahead.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    give marines some form of trap that slows xenos down, or bolas, or a net gun, to dab on sentinels and spitters using shitty hit and run tactics

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    give marines some form of trap that slows xenos down, or bolas, or a net gun, to dab on sentinels and spitters using shitty hit and run tactics
    Maybe we could use cable coils to make tripwires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let marines staunch bleeding on fallen comrades to slow bleed-out.

Make portable cades fit in backpacks and be displaced faster. Something more like in Rainbow Six.

Allow PFCs to buy an advanced medkit (with injector replaced by scanner) for 15 pts so medical isn’t being raided by marines as much.

Increase the slots of the regular and large magazine pouches by one to three and four respectively. Currently they are comprehensively inferior to their general pouch equivalents.

Rework Comrade Sentry, he is much beloved but extremely niche compared to the HMG. He should be a threat to harasser castes, not a mere nuisance that can be used to blow up marines and cadelines.

Let engineers deconstruct jungle walls with a combination of e-tool/spade, machete/hatchet, and knife. Make it take as long as repairing a gen or longer if need be, but give marines an option besides C4 for heavens sake. (Also, IRL clearing impeding terrain is one of the core jobs of combat engineers.)
    Last edited by Outcast Seer; 11-10-2019 at 10:22 PM.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few more:

Make the attachment and supply vendors in the squad prep rooms hackable. It would give SLs a better alternative than either vending all the objects (and putting more strain on the server) or risking late wake-ups being under-equipped because Requisitions is shuttered/blown-up/horribly murdered/low on items.

Make the Grenadier spec launcher ignore the M56 HMG. It’s not obvious to a lot of people that an HEDP will snag on a gun emplacement that is half the height of the marine mounting it (who, of course, did not block the grenade themselves).

Make a more obvious way to construct new M56 stands. Almost no one knows that you can build new ones, and it’s surprisingly common to find just the gun part left after marines retake a lost fortified position.
    Last edited by Outcast Seer; 11-11-2019 at 04:22 AM.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    give marines some form of trap that slows Xenos down, or bolas, or a net gun, to dab on sentinels and spitters using shitty hit and run tactics
    Have guerilla Tactics like the Vietnam War.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigazer View Post
    Have guerilla Tactics like the Vietnam War.
    Yes, combat should feel treacherous and you should never feel safe while dirtside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (I apologize if this is a Necro)

Cargo Carts for Requisitions!

It is already a hassle to get crates and OB ammo from what is arguably the rear of the ship to the front of it and vice versa. It would be easier to have a Cargo Cart, like those usually found on Ice in the Aerodrome, put the crates on the wagons it pulls after it, and then drive to where it needs to be. Would be faster than using a Power Loader anyway.
    Also, why does Requisitions have a Power Loader anyway? Pulling Crates one by one is arguably faster, and the distances these need to be pulled are too short to justify carrying two at a time. It COULD be used to haul OB ammo, but these come in one crate anyway, which is then pulled (which is, again, faster than the Loader) by a Cargo Technician or the RO to the OB Cannon.

Another thing I'd love to see would be some sort of AT Gun, something that plays into the Marines' advantage of range over close quarters. I'd imagine something deployable and manned like the M56, just with damage and range (I think comparable to an S8 Scope would be fair), rather than a high rate of fire. It would force Xenos, and especially the Boilers, to think about positioning, rather than simply staying out of the Marines' visual range. Such an AT Gun could deal huge amount of damage to larger Xenos, and either knocking out or outright killing smaller ones, like Drones and Runners. To not make it OP, it would have a very restrictive ammo capacity, like maybe only 5 Shots per Magazine and the gunner having to manually chamber a new round after each shot, or even just single-shot, with each round having to be loaded after firing. The damage would be direct-hit or penetrative, not explosive though, so it would also need support as to not get overrun too easily.
    Another limiting factor could be a limit on how many can be taken by Engineers at a time, similar to Mortars, forcing the Marine SLs to think about where to place it for the most effect. Also, whether it has a Smart Scope or not is up for debate.

Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZhanLong View Post
    (I apologize if this is a Necro)

Cargo Carts for Requisitions!

It is already a hassle to get crates and OB ammo from what is arguably the rear of the ship to the front of it and vice versa. It would be easier to have a Cargo Cart, like those usually found on Ice in the Aerodrome, put the crates on the wagons it pulls after it, and then drive to where it needs to be. Would be faster than using a Power Loader anyway.
    Also, why does Requisitions have a Power Loader anyway? Pulling Crates one by one is arguably faster, and the distances these need to be pulled are too short to justify carrying two at a time. It COULD be used to haul OB ammo, but these come in one crate anyway, which is then pulled (which is, again, faster than the Loader) by a Cargo Technician or the RO to the OB Cannon.

Another thing I'd love to see would be some sort of AT Gun, something that plays into the Marines' advantage of range over close quarters. I'd imagine something deployable and manned like the M56, just with damage and range (I think comparable to an S8 Scope would be fair), rather than a high rate of fire. It would force Xenos, and especially the Boilers, to think about positioning, rather than simply staying out of the Marines' visual range. Such an AT Gun could deal huge amount of damage to larger Xenos, and either knocking out or outright killing smaller ones, like Drones and Runners. To not make it OP, it would have a very restrictive ammo capacity, like maybe only 5 Shots per Magazine and the gunner having to manually chamber a new round after each shot, or even just single-shot, with each round having to be loaded after firing. The damage would be direct-hit or penetrative, not explosive though, so it would also need support as to not get overrun too easily.
    Another limiting factor could be a limit on how many can be taken by Engineers at a time, similar to Mortars, forcing the Marine SLs to think about where to place it for the most effect. Also, whether it has a Smart Scope or not is up for debate.

Any thoughts?
    I think an AT-gun would be good. Though the rounds should have more of an inverse effect on T3's and T1's.
    I would like to have the round be HEAT, or Squash-Head.
    That being when a T1 is hit, it just goes through them and explodes on the other side because of the penetration depth fuse rather than the round taking full effect. T3's and large xenos on the other hand, would feel the penetration with the explosion of shrapnel and crap inside their body.
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we get squad headsets working dynamically based on the squad the marine is in? Just yesterday I've had another one of those 4 hour XO rounds, where by the end marines had a total of around 20 heads planetside. So I folded what's left of Alpha into Bravo. This makes sense tactically, no point in wasting efforts on coordinating a squad consisting of just a few PFCs. But I ran into that problem of marines I transferred not having Bravo channel access until I dropped the radio keys. At the very least can we get some large fixed amount of those keys in Req always? 20 or 30 would do.
    On a related note, ability to close down squads would be nice. So that if a squad gets wiped out, command could prevent late comers from joining it.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew