Misiek - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Misiek1001

Marine Name
    Ava 'Rodent' Dean

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Had'har-Mukh

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Nope and, to my knowledge at least, I'm not banned from anywhere!

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yep!

Yautja Character Story
    I was in the middle of studying a book I have taken from the most recent hunt, through my translator I was able to learn it was about Geography, describing the many cities and colonies of the ‘United Americas’. I took interest in this strange human race, as any Worshipper of S’ahul should. Usually, during a hunt, I’d scout ahead for some loose pieces of paper, or books for later studying sessions.

I was about to flip another page to continue reading about a city dubbed “New York”, when one of my brothers-in-hunt barged in, rudely interrupting my session.

“By Nritja’s name, do you do anything else other than read?!”

The brother who entered without permission was Maw'thuq of clan Ma’nu, my..least favorite of the brethren. He was rather loosely experienced, even for a Young Blood, really enjoyed dominating any conversation I was in with his ‘exploits’. He followed the Demigod of Confidence and Bravery, Nritja. To say he was unwise would be an insult, to put it simply, he was an imbecile who purposefully left out bits of his stories to appear more dominant and generally seem like a better hunter.

“I do, in fact, I collect these. Aren’t you also curious about Humans?”

“Bah! Why would I care about a lesser being? They’re prey, just like the R’ka.”

No matter what I said, it would be like talking to a wall, so I made it obvious to him that I wasn’t eager to start an argument over such petty things.

“Is there a reason why you burst in here, uninvited?”

I remained calm and asked him, he wouldn’t normally try to talk with me, unless it meant trying to paint me as a weak and lacking hunter.

“There is! The hunt is about to start and you haven’t even gathered your gear.”

“I have time, Maw’thuq.”

“Sure you do, now get up and get ready, we won’t specifically wait for you.”

I sighed and got up from my chair, Maw’thuq had already walked off, presumably to continue his bickering, I didn’t care much. It took me just a few moments to secure my armor and sheathe my Clan’s Sword, my main, if not only, weapon. I also took a ceremonial dagger as a simple backup if I were to lose the sword in a fight.

I was headed to the warp before I saw Maw’thuq with the other hunters, he took a look at me and scoffed, particularly glaring at my chosen weapon.

“A sword? Really? Are you sure you’re able to even lift the thing? I’d say you use a Scythe instead! Cleaves limbs off easily, you could use it as a starter!”

This was followed by a chuckle, no, multiple chuckles. All of them were under the assumption that I’m a weakling, but I didn’t exactly care for their opinion, I was simply happy to get another chance to pick up some more information on the Human kind.

The Hunting Grounds that we have chosen today was a Human Colony, or the remains of it, as it was ravaged by Serpents. The colony itself was surrounded by a thick jungle with the local fauna being as big and hostile as one can imagine. It had the name “LV-463”. Assuming my brothers would go to hunt in the jungle, instead of the colony itself, I calmly traversed through it, remaining cloaked and watching the Human Survivors get slaughtered by the R’ka. I wasn’t focused on hunting the prey yet, though, no, I had to gather something for later studies, and so I searched the buildings for any books, folders and documents that I could later read.

After a bit of going back and forth, I have found myself in a room which I could only assume belonged to the leader of the colony, at first glance it revealed nothing special, but then I saw it..A completely whole and untouched bookshelf! I was filled with joy, so many interesting titles, yet so little space in my pouch for all of them! I skipped over those involving Geography, and instead focused on the ones that covered things such as Human Biology or Chemistry. One book stood out from the rest, however and upon further inspection, I realised it was something I have never seen before! It wasn’t about their anatomy or chemicals, but it talked about the past of the Human kind, their evolution and historical bookmarks! I made some space for it in my pouch and walked outside, content and finally ready to carry out the hunt.

I wasn’t looking towards bringing out the most imposing prey on the colony, instead, I wanted to hunt something..in the middle, not too small yet not too big to pose an unfair and almost unbeatable fight. I spent about an hour and a half looking for such prey, before finally spotting something that looked close to what I wished to kill and bring back to the ship.

It was a Warrior R’ka, completely untouched by wounds other than a few obvious battle scars, not occupied with anything. My best guess was that it was looking for any remaining Humans that it could bring back to their hive.

I felt that I could easily take the beast on, and so, I uncloaked and quickly unsheathed my Clan’s Blade. I roared as loud as I could to get its attention, and in response got a loud hiss, the Warrior got up from the ground and stood, he was considerably bigger than me, but it did not worry me as much.

“S’ahul, guide my blade, let this be a worthy fight!”

I called out as the Serpent began charging towards me, I anticipated its move, as it was far enough to let me formulate a small plan. I stood still until it was close enough and then quickly jumped to the right, digging my sword into its unarmored side, so the momentum would continue carrying it and the sword would make a sizable slice.

Oh, how it roared in pain when it realised what was happening, whilst trying to recover it lost its footing and collapsed, heavily bleeding from its wound. All it took to finish it off was a simple, yet effective stab to its exposed neck, it died with a very silent gurgle.

I roared, victorious before sheathing my blade and getting to work, the slice I have made with the sword made it easier to access the R’ka’s organs, I tore all the useless and tasteless ones out, only gathering big chunks of meat from its insides for the next feast.

Finally, all that was left was the R’ka’s head. I ripped away at its throat, its acidic blood sizzling against my skin. The pain wasn’t unbearable nor an annoyance. It was a mark of pride for me.
    I separated its head from the rest of the exoskeleton and calmly clipped it to my hunting pouch. I managed to get new books for my studies and a trophy of an opponent that would be deemed particularly dangerous by most!

I took one last look at its butchered corpse and my surroundings, before taking out my relay beacon and warping back to our Scout Ship. I deliberately walked past Maw’thuq so he could notice the fresh head, my mandibles couldn’t help but form into a grin as he widened his eyes, clearly having been underestimating me.

I moved back to my study room after depositing the head in the trophy room and making a quick trip for some soothing herbs. I rubbed those into my burns and injected myself with an unused crystal for good measure.

With an exhale, I took out the History book and began reading it, finally at peace with no fools disrupting me.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Had’Har follows S’ahul, the Demigoddess of Wisdom and Courage, as such, he takes great interest in gaining more knowledge about the Human race. Before even starting to look for prey, I’d look around the Hunting Grounds in search for items that would help me understand Humans a bit better. As such, I’d collect books and emote reading scraps of papers as well as folders, I wouldn’t take them, as they’re vital to the Marines in terms of lowering DEFCON. I hope for some interaction with the IOs, as they search for Intel only to see me in a room with it, reading. When it comes to actually hunting prey, I wouldn’t focus on trying to eliminate Marines, rather, I’d uncloak and make my presence known to Xenos, letting them decide if they wish to engage me or run away. I’m not a fan of completely putting people out of a round, so giving them a choice is always something I aim towards doing. If it’s the Xenos that are losing, I’d focus on the Marines instead, still giving them such choice.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    A Honor duel is usually undertaken by two Predators to settle disputes, or, in some cases, a Predator and Worthy Prey. Both of the parties must agree to partake in the duel, and only the Hunter may be the initiator when it comes to duels with a Human or Xenomorph. The challenger must give their opponent a melee weapon that is deemed appropriate for the fight, if the challenged doesn’t have one already, that is. You may not heal during the duel, you can’t use ranged weapons against your opponent, run away or call for backup.If either of the duelists get knocked down or disarmed, the other has to wait for them to recover.

A hunt is very different, as it is mainly done for sport and as a way for the Yautja to improve their combat skills and tracking abilities. Hunters test themselves by taking on Worthy Prey, obviously without the other one’s permission. After a successful kill of a Worthy Prey, the hunter, at least most of the time, takes a trophy (Usually the head of the prey or a limb). Actions such as Cloak-killing or attacking prey that is considered Unhuntable (Wounded or completely vital to one of the groups.) is shamed upon, unless the prey proved to be Dishonourable, in that case, all of the Hunter’s arsenal may be used against it.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I’d try my best to interact with the other hunters in a mostly calm and intellectual manner, making an example of what a true Worshipper of S’ahul should look and act like. I’d leave bickering to the more arrogant brethren, but would still stand up for myself if my honor was to be stained. I would be especially insulted if the hunter that doubted my worth was lacking in terms of Wit.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I’ve come to notice that the RP Predators undertake is held to a somewhat higher standard than the usual Low-Medium Marines or the completely lacking Xenos. For a person that mainly focused on the HRP aspect of the SS13 Community, I’d love to play as one and interact with other whitelisted members. I also see Predators as just fun to play, from my observations as a ghost. I came to a conclusion they’re a bit more on the ‘sandbox’ side of Gameplay, usually doing things that could perhaps spice up the round. As such, I wish to join that box and show my competence as an RPer.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story is the best part of this application. Enjoyed reading it, the conflict between the two Yautja was interesting and kept me reading. Ending was very nice too. The answers to the other questions seem to be inline with the code of honor, so no issues there. Overall a +1 from me, good work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another application that I have helped review.

The story wasn't bad, and the quirk is unique. The player clearly has ambition.

They have my +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the story, like the gimmick and believe it'll work in RP with both yourself and others actively (not a dealbreaker/maker either way but it helps), believe you understand the Honor Code and associated aspects of it based on what you've written and Pierce's brief assessement, and personally believe you'll be able to conduct yourself appropriately in the role.

All in all, looks good mate. I talked with you as well in Discord if I recall correctly and you seemed sane and serious about being a good predator player. I don't know you from in game (so I'd prefer to hear from others vouching for your in-game behavior), but based off this app and the discord I think you at least are ready for the role academically.

It would help to know your In Game Experience though since your forum account is pretty new and has few posts. Would you care to go into your game experience a little? Any other players who could vouch on that side would really help as well (for people who read this and know)

For now though, I'm pretty secure (even with that question sort of floating out there) in giving my +1.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 11-11-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback and +1! I used to play CM a bit on and off back when we were still on Sulaco and a bit on the Almayer, so I have some relatively okay game experience, still trying to get into the vibe of the server not being heavily lore and roleplay focused though. I don't exactly have a set marine role yet, trying to figure out what works best for me, but so far I've come to notice I really like the CL role. Hoooowever, that may just be my paperwork shoving side speaking.

I do know it may be a bit hard to trust someone such as me, seeing that I'm still relatively 'new', but I'm trying to show folks I'm not a meme-spewing shithead by being active around discord and ingame (As much as my currently shitty connection allows me).
    Ava 'Rodent' Dean - Squaddie/Liaison, snarky and dies most of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might not have seen you a lot because of either the different timezone or just because i do not pay attention to those playing CL, but i liked your story and answers so why not +1.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nerd preds are fine itll be interesting to see how it plays out in game these days. Story feels abit short like you could have expanded on it a little but it isnt terrible so ill slide you a +1. Good luck
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly a wonderful application that I enjoyed helping review before Miseek posted it. You were very nervous but I have full hope you will be a great Yautja player. I will be more than happy to see you on the hunting grounds.

+1
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone! This application wouldn't be as good without the help of Allakai, Anderut as well as Sleepy + Survivor who helped a ton when it came to reviewing my story and answers.
    Ava 'Rodent' Dean - Squaddie/Liaison, snarky and dies most of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure why not, Good luck! +1
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th