Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jafuzz - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Jafuzz

Player Name You Use Most?
    Dennis 'D' Palmer

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    None

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    None

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    The use of the Battlefield Execution should be a LAST RESORT, It is to used to assert authority and regain control of a possible take over and set example to stop it happening. This is to protect the rest of the crew and the mission at hand.

The difference between a Battlefield Execution and a Regular Execution is that with a Battlefield Execution, It is an immediate resolution to a hostile matter while an urgent situation is in play, where as a regular execution can allow for the person to RP appeal to have him Permanently confined, or have judgement by the High Command.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    My Commanding Officer will run his ship strictly, having those conducting Insubordination dealt with immediately via them being arrested and held in prison until a suitable time to deal with them. He will seek to try and find an outcome to the situation which will allow for the mission to continue running smoothly, by making an agreement of some sort to keep the ship running as smoothly as possible, with Imprisonment and Executions being the ABSOLUTE last resort.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of the commander is not just to lead the ship, but to motivate and encourage the best from them individually. Working with them to try and support their needs on the ground at the time. Reading all available data and working with what is possible to resolve the mission, he must also look and manage the logistics of the ship during the operation to not over stretch his resources and keep the mission on schedule.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I think that the CO's role could be benefitted by the addition to send orbital bombardments or drop supplies form anywhere in the ship via some kind of tablet or handheld device. Allowing the Commander to multitask if he is needed to load the OB or assist in REQ

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I could definitely be more engaged in the community side of the game, bringing questions for updates in relation to the Commander's role.

But in game, I hope to bring a tactical and planned mission for every time I take the role on. I hope to succeed where possible, learning from my mistakes on each mission and how to improve my tactical skills. Brining hopefully the feeling of a realistic military planned operation.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Dennis 'D' Palmer started his life in a small farming town just on the outskirts of Dallas Texas, grown up to follow in his father's footsteps of cattle farming. Shortly after his 17th birthday, his father died. After weeks of sifting through his fathers documents, he finds his father's enlistment papers. This, is only the start of his journey.

He soon finds himself signing his life on the dotted line, with his mother proudly next to him. Passing his training at Parris Island he feels accomplished to have truly followed in his father's footsteps.

Several years pass, fighting the UPP, CLF as well as a variety of Pirates and Mercenaries, he now finds himself in command of his own squad. It is at this time during his fifth operation as a Squad Leader that during a daring raid against the UPP that his right hand is lost during firefight while attempting to throw a grenade back at the enemy, saving a large majority of his squad.

For these actions he was reward the medal of valor, and was promoted to Lieutenant, becoming the Staff Officer of his previous squad.

Four Years after his promotion, while stationed aboard the USS Franklin, an attempted Coup staged by the CMP was foiled by Dennis, as he overheard the conversation reporting it to the CO at the time. The CO had the MP's detained by Dennis' Squad and the CMP was trialed and executed by firing squad.

On that day Dennis received a Field Promotion to Acting Chief Military Police, a week later when returning to Port the promotion was confirmed by high command.

Two years later, and the Captain of the USS Franklin retires. And the Commander is promoted to Captain, leaving open the spot for an executive officer to be selected. The Captain had a choice, as he contacted high command with the names of the Chief Engineer, Requisitions Officer and Finally Dennis.

Six Months of cryosleep, and touring duty pass, and the Captain finally receives his response. Dennis is promoted to XO. Dennis quickly becomes acquainted with his position as it was quite similar to being a Staff Officer, all of two years ago.

But the unfortunate strikes next... During a routine patrol, the USS Franklin is boarded, by the CLF and an intense firefight begins onboard... CLF Reinforcements arrive and outnumber the Marines onboard the ship. The Captain orders an evacuation with all Military Information onboard to be wiped from the Computers, complying with orders Dennis wipes all system information on USCMC operations and informs the Captain it is time to leave.

The Captain refuses... He activates the Self Destruct and tells Dennis to get to an escape pod. Dennis nods in return and salutes for the final time. The Captain hands Dennis his ID card and an official statement of events leading to the Evacuation and Self Destruct of the vessel.

Dennis did as instructed, looking through the glass panel of his escape pod door, to see the USS Franklin explode on itself, getting into his cryo bay, he wakes up a week later in a Deep Space Station, he faxes the information given to him.

Receiving new orders, he regroups the old crew of the USS Franklin to issue their new fleet orders. He reads the following, "All hands and crew of the USS Franklin, you're ordered to report to Earth Spacedock for the commission of your new post on the USS Alamayer." opening the second FAX he reads. "Crew of the USS Franklin, Commander Dennis Palmer is hereby promoted to Captain of the USS Alamyer, effective immediate to take Command of the newly commissioned vessel." Followed by a large cheer from the crew surrounding him.

Now a Captain enroute to his new vessel with his crew the reality sinks in... He has done more than his father and mother would ever have expected of him, now he has to live up to the expectations of himself.

Reporting to his post onboard he is introduced to his new XO and Staff Team. Issues his first briefing about the lost communications with the Lunar Colony. And how the USS Alamayer has been sent to investigate, the UPP are the suspected culperates attempting to disrupt income operations on the Lunar Colony.

Both dropships are sent to investigate, fully manned with Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta. Facing no resistance from the civilians it is eerily quiet, with most civilians going inside upon seeing them come down their street. It is soon after the first shot is fired... A UPP Marksman hits one Marine in the chest, being immediately engaged afterwards. UPP Forces appears from one side of the village, in a large farming complex, holding a family hostage. The farm reminding Dennis of his home town outside of Dallas.

He orders his squads to push in, telling them to minimize civilian casualties by immediately removing the threat at hand, after ten minutes, the squads reach the compound, ordering them to breach and clear. The Marines do so with precision accuracy with only two casualties, excluding the one on the street earlier. The Marines are then recalled from the Lunar Surface and are ordered back to briefing to conclude the mission.

He FAX's High Command reporting that they have finished conducting their operation and are awaiting further orders, briefing begins and the crew are releaved to be able to test their new ships R&R facilities onboard... For now.

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't seen you at all, what times are you on?

For your answer to: "As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?"
    The commander can send the supplies down himself if he's helping req, as he is next to the supply cannon. Also, the features of firing the OB / have OW capabilities on the command tablet has already been discussed with the devs and they aren't implementing it anytime soon, possibly ever.

There are some inconsistencies with your story; to become a SO/commissioned officer, you must first attend the training/ officer's school for such a role beforehand, you missed that part, also, normally, enlisted service members or non-commissioned officers cannot attain commissioned officer rank through regular promotion without certain circumstances, ie: receiving a medal of honor for outstanding leadership / had their records as an enlistee deleted or edited and then applied for officer's course.

With the CMP's attempted Coup, ingame-wise, it is not possible to ANY member of the MP's to disobey/try to overthrow command, as it is completely against the rules. Same with real life, it may possibly in real life, but occurrences of it has not been recorded in history.

Field promotions are ONLY for enlisted personnel. As commissioned officers are to attend a proper promotion ceremony when they gain rank. Also, there is no reason for him to obtain a FIELD promotion, as SO's outrank MP's anyways and if the CO/XO wanted the XO to take the duty of a CMP, they can do just that WITHOUT a field promotion. However, SO's can be deputized to perform CMP and MP duties, but that doesn't make them a MP or an aCMP.

Your BE answer is too generalized, could you exemplify on WHEN a BE is acceptable?

Can I get an example for your answer: "But in game, I hope to bring a tactical and planned mission for every time I take the role on."

I will put a hold on my decision until I get to see you in-game and your replies to a few of the questions that I may provide.
    Last edited by Novacti; 11-11-2019 at 02:49 AM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stories are fine, freund. Zhe main problem is I don't see you ingame. Putting a -1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of you. Putting down the -1 along with cheng. May change this depending on what I see in game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will mimic what Griffith and Cheng said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on what others have said, you aren't really known. Additionally, this is your first forum post albeit your account was made several months ago. I only mention this since others have said they don't recognize your name or ckey let alone in XO.

If you could elaborate on this, that'd help a lot with deliberations.

For now, due to the lack of recognized gameplay in the relevant roles let alone player character both in recognition and reputation, I'm going -1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually play in the GMT timezone as I live in Europe.

Field promotions are ONLY for enlisted personnel. As commissioned officers are to attend a proper promotion ceremony when they gain rank. Also, there is no reason for him to obtain a FIELD promotion, as SO's outrank MP's anyways and if the CO/XO wanted the XO to take the duty of a CMP, they can do just that WITHOUT a field promotion. However, SO's can be deputized to perform CMP and MP duties, but that doesn't make them a MP or an aCMP.
    - In response to this, Battlefield promotions can be issued above the enlisted ranks if needed for. I've researched this historically and is still used to this day in the US Military if the individual shows outstanding leadership on the field of battle if the individual has a diploma.

Can I get an example for your answer: "But in game, I hope to bring a tactical and planned mission for every time I take the role on."
    - In my timezone there are very few commanders and the people taking the XO's position usual has little to no plan, for the operation ahead.

Based on what others have said, you aren't really known. Additionally, this is your first forum post albeit your account was made several months ago. I only mention this since others have said they don't recognize your name or ckey let alone in XO.
    - I admit with what you're saying, this is unfortunately my second account on the forum as my last one dissapeared off the system, when I asked the Administration team it said I had no account at-all even though I had the emails
    Last edited by Jafuzz; 11-11-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jafuzz

"- In response to this, Battlefield promotions can be issued above the enlisted ranks if needed for. I've researched this historically and is still used to this day in the US Military if the individual shows outstanding leadership on the field of battle if the individual has a diploma."
    No, you can't. I can confirm this as the last person to receive a "battlefield commission"; for enlisted personnel to attain the rank of an officer, not a "battlefield/field promotion". Was Joe Hooper. As he was also the recipient of a medal of honour. No commissioned personnel has ever received a "battlefield/field promotion".
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_...ilitary_awards

You have neither cited any sources or evidence of any officers receiving a "field promotion".

Also, battlefield promotions are temporary, as they are usually returned to their original ranks after the battlefield promotion.

I think what you meant was that he was Brevetted; for officers moving up in temporary, to be confirmed positions, often on the field of battle, the term is Brevetting or Brevetted.
    However, there is still no reason for a SO to be Brevetted to take over CMP duties as they already outrank the MP's. All they have to do is receive the order.
    ALSO; tough luck, the practice of brevetting disappeared from the (regular) U.S. military at the end of the 19th century; honours were bestowed instead with a series of medals. Brevetting was declared obsolete in 1922.
    Unless it was not declared obsolete in the "Aliens" timeline.

"- In my timezone there are very few commanders and the people taking the XO's position usually has little to no plan, for the operation ahead."
    I said I wanted examples, not an explanation.

Your inexperience and failure to provide adequate answers to my questions has lead me to conclude with a

Last edited by Novacti; 11-12-2019 at 12:58 AM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lack of practical experience here that's glaring, particularly in your grasp of the Chain of Command, SOP, and Marine Law. These three aspects of command are essential for any commissioned officer to know thoroughly, let alone a CO. Unwarranted strictness in particular will earn you a lot of ire from the community, both IC and OOC. Remember, your role has an important role in the enjoyment of others, not just your own, so you must adjust your behaviour and policies accordingly.

Get some hours as XO and LT under your belt, and try again in a month. Remember, the council and veteran COs are all here to help you along the way.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    @Jafuzz

"- In response to this, Battlefield promotions can be issued above the enlisted ranks if needed for. I've researched this historically and is still used to this day in the US Military if the individual shows outstanding leadership on the field of battle if the individual has a diploma."
    No, you can't. I can confirm this as the last person to receive a "battlefield commission"; for enlisted personnel to attain the rank of an officer, not a "battlefield/field promotion". Was Joe Hooper. As he was also the recipient of a medal of honour. No commissioned personnel has ever received a "battlefield/field promotion".
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_...ilitary_awards

You have neither cited any sources or evidence of any officers receiving a "field promotion".

Also, battlefield promotions are temporary, as they are usually returned to their original ranks after the battlefield promotion.

I think what you meant was that he was Brevetted; for officers moving up in temporary, to be confirmed positions, often on the field of battle, the term is Brevetting or Brevetted.
    However, there is still no reason for a SO to be Brevetted to take over CMP duties as they already outrank the MP's. All they have to do is receive the order.
    ALSO; tough luck, the practice of brevetting disappeared from the (regular) U.S. military at the end of the 19th century; honours were bestowed instead with a series of medals. Brevetting was declared obsolete in 1922.
    Unless it was not declared obsolete in the "Aliens" timeline.

"- In my timezone there are very few commanders and the people taking the XO's position usually has little to no plan, for the operation ahead."
    I said I wanted examples, not an explanation.

Your inexperience and failure to provide adequate answers to my questions has lead me to conclude with a

You are partially incorrect in that while it hasn’t happened, it can happen. Military services have the authority to bring in commissioned personnel up to the rank of Colonel per the National Defense Authorization Act of 2019. https://www-1.thenewstribune.com/new...221712510.html

Per USC:

‘‘(a) IN GENERAL.—An officer in the grade of first lieutenant, captain, major, or lieutenant colonel in the Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps, or lieutenant (junior grade), lieutenant, lieutenant commander, or commander in the Navy, who is described in sub- section (b) may be temporarily promoted to the grade of captain, major, lieutenant colonel, or colonel in the Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps, or lieutenant, lieutenant commander, commander, or captain in the Navy, as applicable, under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of the military department concerned. Appoint- ments under this section shall be made by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate.