User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jafuzz - Commander Application

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @WitheredGryphon
    I see, well, I apologise for my inability to stay up-to-date with the US military's plans that began taking an effect uhh... 2 days ago.

The information that I provided was correct at the time.

As the USC was enabled THE DAY AFTER my post

"10 USC 605: Promotion to certain grades for officers with critical skills: colonel, lieutenant colonel, major, captain; captain, commander, lieutenant commander, lieutenant
    Text contains those laws in effect on November 13, 2019"

But, still, thanks for keeping me up to date.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    @WitheredGryphon
    I see, well, I apologise for my inability to stay up-to-date with the US military's plans that began taking an effect uhh... 2 days ago.

The information that I provided was correct at the time.

As the USC was enabled THE DAY AFTER my post

"10 USC 605: Promotion to certain grades for officers with critical skills: colonel, lieutenant colonel, major, captain; captain, commander, lieutenant commander, lieutenant
    Text contains those laws in effect on November 13, 2019"

But, still, thanks for keeping me up to date.
    It was announced well over a year ago that it would be going into effect: https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...edition=prelim

(Added Pub. L. 115–232, div. A, title V, §503(a)(1), Aug. 13, 2018, 132 Stat. 1740 .)
    And here's the actual document, timestamped August 13, 2018: Link.

Not to turn this into a pissing contest, just wanted to point out Jafuzz's story was plausible even when it was written. Unlikely, but plausible.

Granted I've also never seen this person play command (or even play at all) before, so it'd be -1 from me regardless.
    Last edited by WitheredGryphon; 11-15-2019 at 01:53 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @WitheredGryphon

Yeah, it was passed and declared to be established soon 2018, however, it was ACTUALLY established and began taking effect on the time that I quoted on my previous post.

But, it was still my ignorance on my part which was not knowing that it was not already passed.

Just finishing this off.

Respects,
    -BLUEFOR
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't judge your command ability since I didn't see you in the command roles for once. That's on me though. I also can't say I've seen your character around either. So, I'll provide some scenarios for you. I will cast my vote right after you answered it.

1) Let's say you're a round start XO and you have a compliment of 2 SOs and no CO. The map is Ice Colony, what's your game plan?

2) Some circumstances have caused the death of most marines planetside with a 1255 evac. The remaining marines are blaming you and you hear talks about mutiny-- shortly after, you see a crowd of marines come up to the CIC. What do you do?

Good luck, captain! *salute
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 11-16-2019 at 12:59 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never seen them as XO, SO and low activity in there on thread.

Easy -1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No response for 2 weeks now.

Sorry mate, but this is

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Jafuzz.

I’m here to help point out some things about the majority of your application, OK? Okay.

I’m going to first start off with your story.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't want this to come across as intentionally toxic to you, but try to do an actual story from word one to the last word, as long as you feel it makes a good story.

I don’t care if it’s cringe or a borderline fan fiction, IF it’s good but cringe, it’s still mostly good in my book. If it shows no effort, no sense of direction or just a shred of common sense, as if you just typed away without putting a single thought into how stories work, it will most likely be denied.

My Commanding Officer will run his ship strictly, having those conducting Insubordination dealt with immediately via them being arrested and held in prison until a suitable time to deal with them. He will seek to try and find an outcome to the situation which will allow for the mission to continue running smoothly, by making an agreement of some sort to keep the ship running as smoothly as possible, with Imprisonment and Executions being the ABSOLUTE last resort
    There will be times where multiple (think at least three) marines will be insubordinate and your MPs aren’t responding and present, don’t exist, or simply fucked off. Doing something in the wrong way by being overly strict could result in you being flamed to death in briefing, then shot with your own Mateba after you are in crit.

And sometimes incidents like this could have been prevented by not insulting/hitting a marine for calling you a bitch in briefing, rather bantering with other marines, cracking a simple joke OR EVEN simply ignoring the marine who called you a bitch. That isn’t to say there aren’t situations for certain insults(that absolutely can turn into bigger and imminent threats such as a mutiny in some cases) you shouldn’t BE for.

There are times where as CO you absolutely do have to put your foot down and battlefield execute someone to regain control of a situation, and that can be a tricky decision to make at times when you first start playing CO and you'll need to find what you absolutely always will BE for within guide lines, or what you could let slide depending on the severity of it and the situation at hand as well.

The job of the commander is not just to lead the ship, but to motivate and encourage the best from them individually. Working with them to try and support their needs on the ground at the time. Reading all available data and working with what is possible to resolve the mission, he must also look and manage the logistics of the ship during the operation to not over stretch his resources and keep the mission on schedule.
    You are the first among equals, like the Pope.. As CO you always want to keep that cog in the wheel rolling as smoothly as possible and if you cannot grease the cog, you don’t kick or brute force it do you? More grease, sometimes that’s delegating your XO or SO to things, or micromanaging it yourself. You only kick and remove the smaller cog if it’s completely broken and hurting the entirety of the machine and wheel.

Tactics vary and overall it’s much harder to do a plan that may have worked with in 2018 then now. Here’s something TeaforTwo said recently that might help you.

1) Your strategy is not in maneuvering squads around the map.

You can't really force them to go where you want them to be. So your strategy is to tell the squads what positions would be IDEAL to hold, to tell them what's HAPPENING, and to keep logistics running.

2) Your tactics aren't in executing flank maneuvers. The best you can do is similar to what in WW2 one could call "trust tactics," i.e. you name an objective and the squads carry it out according to their SL's ability to maintain cohesion and the individual marines' personalities, and you point out opportunities along the way should they arise.

Your answers to the primary questions provided in the CO application itself, are neither in depth nor long enough to be explained in a satisfactory manner to us to demonstrate understanding of SOP and ML as mentioned by Scidiot, along with the story is a -1 from me. Best of luck, feel absolutely free to PM me on here or discord and I can help you with any questions some time in the future.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other responses, particularly the council members' responses, explain in pretty good detail the shortcomings of this app, so I'm not going to repeat them. It's a -1 from me, I'd advise taking the time to review the accepted/denied apps to get a better idea of what we look for, and seek assistance in #whitelist-app-help on the Discord as well.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, A majority of the council said no.

Denied. Reapply in the alotted time.

Ask a councilmember or on the discord for help to polish this app and reapply again.