Date of Incident
    November 11, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Brett McMatherson

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    N/A

Accused Character Name
    Jon 'The Slick' Vincent

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Around 08:15

What rule(s) were broken:
    BE guidelines

Description of the incident:
    I was playing as CL on Ice Colony round. During round I talked with CO around two times and wrote fax about his incomptence. When I was going to send fax, MT Vanessa'Pocket' Miller came in and started conversation about general incompetence of command. I gave her fax to read and asked, if everything is covered in it.

During our conversation PFC Alber Blackwell came in, stole said fax and went straight to the CO to show. Three minutes later CO came to my office and threatened to BE. I replied, that he should not do it, if he does not want to lose his job. He ordered my arrest, instead of BE'ing, right when hjack was announced.

CO went to CiC and PFC Blackwell then pushed me on floor, as soon as I got up I pushed him on floor too (and CE flashed him), dragged out of my office and closed shutters. 30 seconds later CO started to breach walls of my office. I opened shutters to let him in and he started saying, that I assaulted his marines. Researcher came in and primed grenade with space drugs, so me, CO and MP went to my quarters. I got dose from drug grenade and my screen looked like a rainbow. I saw "Hands up" or something like that in chat box and laid on floor, since I thought, that CO said it (In fact, PFC said it), right after it someone tried to breach my quarters doors, so I got up to open them, next second I was BE'ed for undermining command and "assaulting" marines.

I want to say, that, in my ophinion, writing faxes for WY, even with words about command incompetence, is not undermining command. I was not going to give copy of that fax to every marine, I was not going to send it to CMP or someone else, I was not going to start mutiny against CO. And, to be honest, I don't see how mere pushing of someone (disarm intent) can be viewed as assault.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Spoiler Spoiler:

How you would punish the accused:
    Warning for the improper BE

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled logs for this at the request of the council, but they're near-enough identical to what was given by the OP that they're unnecessary.
    Fax logs are currently inaccessible, else I'd post them here. The snips I could find were inconclusive to their contents.

If anything else is needed feel free to contact me.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fax I:
    1. Blamed CO, CE and MTs in late Almayer arrival to the colony (I wrote, that MTs were drunk half of the time and put the blame for it on CO, wrote that CE did not maintain Almayer systems good enough).
    2. Blamed CO for general lack of discpline, which resulted in AA cannon malfunctioning and marines destroying command bubble during briefing.
    3. Wrote, that CO is not eligible for this postion, wondered, how did HC appoint him to this position.
    4. Wrote, that he cannot properly communicate with his subordinates (CO told me earlier, that he will allow deployment of MPs to make sure, that Company employees are alive in panic room, CMP told me, that CO did not contaact him and refused to deploy MPs to the planet).
    5. Wrote, that command in general is incompetent and that they have lost OP in 20 minutess, wrote that they fired OB on unknown coordinates (Which is not entirely true, they fired OB on LZ2 and killed a couple of xenos before Normandy took off).

It is everything I can remember about my fax. I don't have copy of it, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention, that this fax was never sent, because PFC stole it before I could finish it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the fax been kept private and sent to the company there would have been no issue. However, your comments were leaked and distributed among the crew. I came to you when I found this out, clearly upset at your slanderous words and how it initiated sedition. However, I didn't feel it warranted a BE and asked the MPs to arrest you, but when I heard reports of you attacking a marine I came to your office to find it locked. When we finally got in it was caded up and you were running toward your fax. At this point it appeared to me that you were ramping up your attempts to undermine me and combining that with the fact that we were about to be boarded I felt I had to act fast and BE you so that I could return to my men and see them safely evac'd.

I do my best to follow the rules and guidelines, especially since I have been a mod. I feel this BE was warranted, however I would like to apologize for what happened as I never want to BE anyone. I only do it when I feel it is absolutely necessary.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd only like to suggest one thing, without siding with anyone - as I can understand both parties.

A lot of situations, including this, becomes heated due to outside interference. I don't mean the researcher as he was just simply griefing - I mean the PFC who initially stole the paper. The situation straight leading to the BE was caused by the PFC, no doubt from my side (but I cannot judge this officially, as this is a council matter.) Therefore:

Griffith and any COs/officer players who read this - if you're trying to solve a possible ML breach, always vacate the area. If you are in a room that has restricted access, such as CIC, the CL office or the brig - order out anyone who doesn't belong to there. Delay any legal actions until then. Too often I see CIC being swarmed by PFCs and ERTs, wrecking such a havoc no CO could - or should - control. Save your nerves, exercise the law of trespassing and try to settle the situation once you're only with the very people who should be there.

I see it was hijack time in this case, so it wasn't a fully ideal scenario but should the PFC has been removed at the beginning, things wouldn't have escalated this much.

And in case you tried it... Disregard my reply, heh.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the fax been kept private and sent to the company there would have been no issue. However, your comments were leaked and distributed among the crew. I came to you when I found this out, clearly upset at your slanderous words and how it initiated sedition. However, I didn't feel it warranted a BE and asked the MPs to arrest you, but when I heard reports of you attacking a marine I came to your office to find it locked. When we finally got in it was caded up and you were running toward your fax. At this point it appeared to me that you were ramping up your attempts to undermine me and combining that with the fact that we were about to be boarded I felt I had to act fast and BE you so that I could return to my men and see them safely evac'd.

I do my best to follow the rules and guidelines, especially since I have been a mod. I feel this BE was warranted, however I would like to apologize for what happened as I never want to BE anyone. I only do it when I feel it is absolutely necessary.
    MT Miller came to me with complaints about command staff in general. I gave her fax to read and asked, if it covers everything. She added a couple of things and then PFC, without my consent, came in and took fax. I was too focused on chat box and fax itself to notice it. He said "CO will like it" and I replied with "Do we have mutiny on board?", because I did not notice, that fax was missing and thought, that he was refering, that they (marines) are going to overthrow CO.

I was not going to give copy of fax to anyone, MT was allowed to read it, since she came with complaints about command. I do not see, how writing private fax is sedition. I was not going to overthrow command, I was not inciting mutiny, I was simply writing fax. PFC (I would like to note, that said PFC was fully loyal to the Captain) stole it from me, which I promptly reported to MPs.

Once again, I do not see, how pushing someone is assault. I may agree, that it is hooliganism in some situation, but it is not assault. Shutters of my ofice were locked because of hjack, I did not want to let xenomorphs into my office after crash. Cades were built by an MT. She wanted to evacuate with me and stay in my office and I did not object.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faxes like the one you made are honestly pretty common and rarely even result in a reply from Wey-Yu let alone anyone else. Nothing happens. The concern here is that you allowed a private to somehow steal it l, releasing your traitorous views on to the ship.

This is what sparked the unfortunate and in my perspective seditious chain of events that followed. While it makes sense for a CL to cade their office etc, when I showed up there a was marine on the floor claiming assault. Fearing a mutiny or suspicious behavior after the fax debacle I tried to come in but you did your best to thwart that.

After finally getting into your office and seeing you run for the fax I felt it was time to whip out the mateba and put and end to it. You were causing issues while I was attempting to prepare for a hijack, and I felt I needed to resolve it quickly and be there for my men.
    Last edited by Griffith78; 11-12-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to say, that if Private want to mutiny, he won't go to CL's office to steal fax, he won't go to CL to ask permission to mutiny. He will just look for marines, that are not pleased with command or just want HvH.

Marines can claim a lot of things and not all of them are true. Marine was laying in front of my office, since CE used flash on said marine (I did not ask CE to do it). I would like to say, that you could at least try to ask me to open shutters (You did not do it, according to my logs), instead of just shooting down wall of my office. In the end, I willingly opened shutters of my office for you. I could wait for you to breach wall and lock myself in the quarters, then spawn ultrazine and try to escape via maints instead.

I did not "run for the fax" I just left room, where someone primed unknown grenade, thing, that all sane marines would do. If you are refering to me opening door of my quarters, when you, me and MP were there, then, well, it is not like I could escape from the room full of marines. I just wanted to help you once more by letting in marines, that were destroying door, for some reason.

I will write chain of events from my view again

1. PFC Blackwell stole fax and gave it to the CO.
    2. CO came to my office, pulled out Mateba, then holstered it and ordered my arrest.
    3. Hjack announcement.
    4. CO went to CiC, PFC Blackwell stayed in my office, disarmed me (According to my logs I grabbed him prior to it, so I would like to ask Albert Blackwell to write here, why did he disarm me). I started disarming him as soon as I got up, CE decided to help me and flashed Blackwell.
    5. Blackwell was dragged out of office by me, shortly after CO came to my office, saw PFC laying on floor (who, apparently, told CO, that I attacked him) and started breaching wall of the office to get in.
    6. After short hesistation I decided to open shutters, instead of locking myself in my quarters.
    7. CO came in with some marines and started to type something, during it researcher came in and primed grenade, I went to my quarters to escape from said grenade.
    8. I laid on floor, due to "HAND UP" in chat box, as soon as I saw, that PFC said it I got up and went to open doors of my quarters, bedcause this PFC was shooting them down.
    9. I opened door, returned to the quarters and got BE'ed.

I don't think, that I will be able to provide any additional information, so I will refrain from replying to this report.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also said my piece, we'll leave it up to the council to make a decision.