User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N/A - BE guidelines

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messed up.
    Last edited by starmute; 11-20-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, the Council has made a decision regarding this report. I'll be breaking this down into two different parts to help explain it: the stolen fax and the incident leading up to the BE.

Regarding the fax, based off comments made in this report, it seems as though Griffith was already having issues with unpopular opinion regarding the operation. While you didn't intend for the crew to get ahold of it, the Council believes that the PFC stealing the fax and dropping it into his lap forced his hand in this situation, leading to him ordering your arrest. In this case, his response is viewed as VALID due to the fact that he had no way to be certain it wouldn't get out to the rest of the crew or that you weren't trying to encourage sedition.

After the CO left is where, sadly, the issues begin. While the exact details aren't clear, the MPs failed to carry out their orders to arrest you and the PFC returned to cause trouble. When you tried to get the PFC to leave and someone said you were attacking Marines, this again forced the CO's hand. It's the Council's belief that he was acting as best he could with the IC knowledge he had and, while the situation was not ideal, we view the BE overall as VALID. We do, however, wish to stress that should the opportunity to handle this in more conventional ways (ie, arresting) be available, using such methods are preferable. In this case, though, those options were both unavailable and seemingly unreliable.

I would like to say, however, that the Council does mirror Vicacrov's opinion that the PFC stealing your fax and instigating the fight with you led to your BE by forcing the CO's hand. As the PFC's actions are neither the focus of this report nor the Council's responsibility to address, we feel that no action is necessary on our part.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur with the council.