User Tag List

Thread: An Offensive Stalemate Ender- The Bunker Buster

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Offensive Stalemate Ender- The Bunker Buster

The bunker buster is a name for a projectile rocket meant to penetrate buildings deep underground and strike where normal explosives can't

I'm not in the mood to snake oil salesman this pitch as i am quite tired and just thought this up, so here goes.

. You get two of them as a defcon 2 reward, and four as a defcon 1 reward, they would be loaded on the weapon ports of dropships, replacing whatever is mounted, maximum of one BB on each wing.

.They would require a heavy duty radio transmitter that comes with the BB to be set up at the target area, turned on, and defended for thirty seconds while it calibrates the trajectory, taking fifteen seconds to hit their target after being fired, displaying a message of "You hear a loud noise in the distance steadily getting closer" to every living player on the ground.

.Once the transmitter is turned on it has 30 seconds to be slashed or acided and destroyed before it comes online, once it becomes calibrated you must destroy it before the BB launches or it will be too late to stop it

.The transmitter could be pulled with one hand with slowdown or held in two with no slowdown.

.The queen, predators, and synthetic units are the only ones that could detect the source of the transmission and track it down to the transmitter

.Would probably require a time lock on refire to avoid crashing the server.

The BB, when hitting a target, would deal huge damage to non crushers/GL specs/queens, and would destroy any ceiling above allowing free range cas/mortars with no ceiling protection. On Ice colony, it could be fired (with a 1 minute arming time instead of 30 seconds) when trasmitted from underground, which would instantly kill anyone within the range of the blast and make that area untraversable (maybe keep a couple of routes to ladders and elevators unblocked code wise to prevent people from being trapped)

This would be an offensive tool in the marine's arsenal to break up a stalemate, imagine a small team of robustos sneaking behind enemy lines and guarding the transmitter long enough to get a shot off then bugging out, only for it to hit caves and give marines the ability to push and cas with impunity. If the four BB choice is taken at defcon 1 the nuke becomes unavailable.

I have no idea how feasible this is as a concept, i just love the idea of using one to blast open a giant hole in the cave ceiling so follow up shots can be used, preventing delayyliens from hiding in caves forever. 30 seconds to 1 minute isn't that long to defend, because it needs to be balanced due to it needing to be personally planted far behind enemy lines in caves and probably neccessitating a small defense force to stay covert.

As i said, i'm not feeling up to my usual mood or id make this sound a lot more fabulous, let me know what you all think below.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't think USMC offensive stalemates are such a problem that they'd require something like this.