User Tag List

Thread: Takyon - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Takyon - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Takyon69
    Character Name?
    Rudie Gibbs
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Xeno, Queen
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Adminbot
    Total Ban Duration
    Forever
    Remaining Duration
    Forever
    What other servers do you play on?
    None at the moment, sometimes I play Lifegame.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Hippie a couple years ago for letting the Clown suffocate in the Brig. Ban is probably lifted at this point, haven't checked.
    Reason for Ban
    Banned by |Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: Player made a swastika out of eggs as a drone. Applying xenoban.
    by on Wed, October 30th of 2019

Banned from Alien - As above.
    by Adminbot (Friendly Robot) on Wed, October 30th of 2019

Banned from Queen - As above.
    by Adminbot (Friendly Robot) on Wed, October 30th of 2019
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    The swastika http://imgur.com/a/yDb0zoL

Stupid mistake on my part, I thought I'd get away with it. I apologise, and if the ban were to be lifted this will not happen again. This looks really bad for me considering I am currently applying for Spriter and Yautja. So again I apologise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

XxBlueBerryxX's notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah, those last two are ancient. Thanks for digging those back up, brings back memories.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I am handling your appeal. I find it concerning that you just got noted for LRP as a xeno and then did another, edgy LRP thing as a xeno the next day. My question is, do you even take the rules seriously at this point? I appreciate your honesty when you're saying you did it because you thought you could get away with it, but with that attitude it's not really assuring you won't do it again. This is also a fresh ban. Can you tell me what the RP standards for xenos are, in your own words? How would you avoid breaking them if this gets lifted?
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Hey, I am handling your appeal. I find it concerning that you just got noted for LRP as a xeno and then did another, edgy LRP thing as a xeno the next day. My question is, do you even take the rules seriously at this point? I appreciate your honesty when you're saying you did it because you thought you could get away with it, but with that attitude it's not really assuring you won't do it again. This is also a fresh ban. Can you tell me what the RP standards for xenos are, in your own words? How would you avoid breaking them if this gets lifted?
    RP standards for xenos, while not as restrictive as other factions, still exist. Using meta words like I have is against the rules of course. Sometimes they need to replace certain terms with others because IC they’re not aware of technology in the same sense humans are, or other factions. This does not excuse using memey words like I have. Another rule is that they need to follow the Queen’s orders. Referencing OOC organisations, or brands etc is generally against the rules to an extent.

I’m going to avoid breaking any rules going into the future, and to an even greater extend considering I am now a Junior Dev. This gives me a bit of responsibility to play the game within the rules. Breaking these rules, especially as a dev will give people the wrong impression for the server. And I don’t want this to happen, you have my word on that.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your answer is not entirely correct. Aliens don't have to replace terms, because hivespeak is a translation of xeno's thoughts, so using words marines are using is okay. I am surprised you didn't say anything about doing memey structures, since that's the reason you got banned. Obviously xenos can't build LRP structures such as swastikas, smiley faces, dicks etc. I believe you wouldn't do this again, but it would be more reassuring to hear from you as a player, not a staff member, that you're going to follow rules.

Me and others on the admin team decided that it's too early to lift this. Please sit on this for another month without getting into trouble and it will most likely get lifted.

Resolved - Denied. Reapply in 30 days.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.