User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you think is the best alternative to calling Predators "Jamaicans"?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hunters

25 13.97%
  • Spooks

23 12.85%
  • Crocs

4 2.23%
  • Lizardmen

4 2.23%
  • Unidentified Enemy Combatants

20 11.17%
  • Chrome-Domes

9 5.03%
  • Boogeymen

10 5.59%
  • Headhunters

14 7.82%
  • Just "Predators"

30 16.76%
  • Natives

16 8.94%
  • I prefer calling them "Jamaicans", and choose to ignore the implications

106 59.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Denote "Jamaicans" in reference to Predators as unacceptably LRP on-par with the Xeno

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah ok no

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Arty View Post
    I thought that if I put it in a funny, exaggerated manner with plenty of pictures, then maybe a couple jackasses would pick up why it's so annoying and disappointing that some servers have had to ban slur-adjacent space racism like "ligger" because some of us had to take it too far, and had to excercise our god-given right to put down and harass minorities in the spehss gaem because all those libtards in real life won't stand for it, will they?
    Minorities? Not everyone here is American, and not everyone here sees the world like an American. You can't call everyone that isn't Caucasian a minority, isn't that in itself a bit racist? What if an actual Jamaican reads through this thread, and sees himself being called a minority while using their PC in Jamaica.

We're not "putting down" and "harassing" minorities for calling preds Jamaicans. It's all a funny joke. If your sense of humor doesn't match up then there's really not much anyone can do. Everyone experiences stereotyping in some way, in this case it's the dreads on Jamaicans. I get stereotyping because I'm Irish. But because of my sense of humor I find it funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takyon View Post
    Minorities? Not everyone here is American, and not everyone here sees the world like an American. You can't call everyone that isn't Caucasian a minority, isn't that in itself a bit racist? What if an actual Jamaican reads through this thread, and sees himself being called a minority while using their PC in Jamaica.
    If an actual Jamaican read through this thread on their own PC, in Jamaica, I'm sure they'd be far more concerned by the lynch mobs running after Jamaicans.
    No, not you Jamaicans, the seven-foot tall guys wearing the metal masks and have green skin and what appears to be dreadlocks, those Jamaicans.

Also, yes minorities. I live in America, Jamaicans are not the majority. Nor are they the majority in Europe, Australia, or Czechoslovakia, where the majority of our players seem to hail from. Should you or somebody else seem to live in a Jamaican-majority country, I encourage you to direct one of said Jamaicans to this thread, as yours seems to be made of straw.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to spite you for making this thread. I will only call them Jamaicans.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to reuse my old posts as this thread reuses old threads: //showthrea...light=Jamaican

"I'm calling them "Mutants", or "Tribals", but really... How would you call a big humanoid wearing a mask, kinky "body mesh" and dreadlocks? Stereotypical Jamaican. What other name is "more RP"? Nobody calls then "Predators", or "Yautja", because nobody knows shit about them if they won't tell it themselfs. Isn't that atleast MRP in itself? Knowledge restricted to what character knows?

Especially in our Penal Batallion full of grunts that can't be even trusted with pill bottles.

How would you call them to "maintain at least a little quality"?

Marines are calling Benos names like "Lizards", "Bugs", or "Xenos". We should maintain quality and call them as I do. "Scrin". Perfectly matches my view, so it's superior in any way and shape, obviously, without doubts."

Pred does not Jamaican.jpg

Dreadlocks are the first "main" feature that preds have and don't share with anyone else. "Wraths", or "Ghosts"? Even fucking marines have cloacking spec, this is too common. Every preds have them, no beno (besides basically non-existant abomination) have them too, so when you will say "Jamaican", nobody will think about anything else than a pred. Call them some other vague term and let everyone guess if you are talking UPP commandos, or Lurkers.

*Clap* Term *Clap* Review *Clap*

Hunters - Benos hunt too.
    Spooks - Benos are spooky.
    Crocs - Benos look more like crocodiles.
    Lizardmen - Benos look more like lizards and they hiss.
    Unidentified Enemy Combatants - Too long, didn't read.
    Chrome-Domes - What the fuck is that?
    Boogeymen - Benos are spooky.
    Headhunters - Benos call them that. As marines currently, every encounter with pred is first one for USCM. How the fuck some random cryo marine could recognise pred walking around the ship if he was called "Headhunter" instead of "Jamaican", or "Mutant"? Clearly those are distinguising physical features, not profession.
    Just "Predators" - LRP, we can't call them names we don't know as Marines.
    Natives - Great natives with plasma, teleportation, invisibility and speed of a Sanic.
    Last edited by CABAL; 11-12-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharinoma View Post
    The only reason they are called Jamaicans is because they have some sort of dreadlocks. Which makes it incredibly stupid, but also not racist at all.
    This is nowhere close to other potentially racist stereotypes we have to deal with. Unlike players roleplaying stupid characters, this is entirely within RP and our pseudo lore, and typically something a marine would do.
    I think it's fine.

Something a Marine would do.
    "In the first, the Marine asked a recruit who appeared to be of Middle Eastern descent whether he was a terrorist . . . The service said the Marine, who was not a drill instructor, was reprimanded, demoted in rank, put on 60 days of restriction and forfeited pay. He later left the service."

I mean, it's just something that a marine would do.
    "The Marine Corps takes every instance of misconduct seriously, whether on duty, off duty, or online," Frushour added. "Any form of racism or discrimination undermines the core values of the Marine Corps and is not tolerated."

I mean, you've got to be tough in the Marine Corp, can't let little words hurt y- what's this, directly linked from the United States Marine Corp official website? A phone line for those suffering from excess stress?

People calling Predators "Jamaicans", I repeat myself once again, could we way the hell worse and more offensive. You may be fine with that, but are you really fine with all these rallies and announcements to "Kill the Jamaicans!" "Bring me a Jamaican's head on a spike!" "All Jamaicans are hostile, kill on sight." Don't you think that's when it's a tad alarmingly widespread, and maybe the cute little nickname is still fine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps, ignoring all the other nit-picks, as marines can identify the trophies on a predator as trophies, and their snares as snares, and are likely to have at least one or two marines succumb to a beheading, flaying, or evisceration, perhaps they could recognize a predator as a "Headhunter"?

Perhaps by virtue of having a Scout who they call a "Scout", Lurkers they call "Lurkers", and UPP Commandos that they call "Commandos", whereas I have seen none of them referred to as "Spooks", "Boogeyman" (because there is no chance that a technologically advanced race that has been hunting humans since ancient times have had not one single myth, bedtime story, or campfire story made about them), or "Ghost", one of those would work?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call them whatever the hell you want, just don't call them by their given species name/predator unless you have direct knowledge of their species (IE: Dutch Dozen's ERT or admin event)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - They have a fishnet suit.
    - They watch their prey from distance and see how preys' daily life is.
    - They have some cloaking device to hide from the public and to show out only to their prey.
    - They have a trap that disable or stun you.
    - They can't show their face onto the public unless they're angry or whatever.
    - They have electronic tagging on their arm.
    - They have some weird kinky-ass weapons like a whip made of a chain.

Yeah. I'm gonna start to call them a "Rapist" then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuliy View Post
    - They have a fishnet suit.
    - They watch their prey from distance and see how preys' daily life is.
    - They have some cloaking device to hide from the public and to show out only to their prey.
    - They have a trap that disable or stun you.
    - They can't show their face onto the public unless they're angry or whatever.
    - They have electronic tagging on their arm.
    - They have some weird kinky-ass weapons like a whip made of a chain.

Yeah. I'm gonna start to call them a "Rapist" then.
    While I don't think it's any more accurate than "Jamaican", I have absolutely zero conflict with the idea of a battalion of marines hunting down some rapists before stripping their corpse.