User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you think is the best alternative to calling Predators "Jamaicans"?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hunters

25 13.97%
  • Spooks

23 12.85%
  • Crocs

4 2.23%
  • Lizardmen

4 2.23%
  • Unidentified Enemy Combatants

20 11.17%
  • Chrome-Domes

9 5.03%
  • Boogeymen

10 5.59%
  • Headhunters

14 7.82%
  • Just "Predators"

30 16.76%
  • Natives

16 8.94%
  • I prefer calling them "Jamaicans", and choose to ignore the implications

106 59.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Denote "Jamaicans" in reference to Predators as unacceptably LRP on-par with the Xeno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R61425 View Post
    Once you start something like this, you can never live it down.
    Doin' pretty good, there's just a sharp difference in opinion and I still don't like the word.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Arty View Post
    Doin' pretty good, there's just a sharp difference in opinion and I still don't like the word.
    Either all of them are allowed, or none of them are. Call them what you want, don't get angry someone calls them otherwise. Bother Staffmemes for them to include Preds in "Expected Contact", so we can all call them Preds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ;Hey sl, just bagged me a jamaican. Who wants his sword?
    beast

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SPOOKS?

NATIVES?

Bro its current year... how dare you. Someone ban him for racism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    SPOOKS?

NATIVES?

Bro its current year... how dare you. Someone ban him for racism.
    i am going to PB the natives
    beast

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i low key thought spook was shorthand for an undercover CIA agent or something to that degree, i guess i learned something today

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like you never watched Taxi Driver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally call the predators 'Ghosts' because usually when I see them, they are invisible. I kinda dislike Preddies being called Jamacians because it seems a bit too silly. I personally would like them to be called something different. Hopefully they're called something less cringe than 'Jamaican'.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red Dog doesn't make sense. Jesus Christ people, have we gone into a nanny state? Arty, my man, does this look like a 'red dog' to you?
    index.jpg

It's the funny meme name given to preds. And you don't think marines are racist? Like... have you seen a modern military?

Why did i even humor a person who looks at profile pictures of the voters of his hated position and deduces off that.

Fuck off. Stop trying to make drama where there is none. This poll has shown that the community is fine with the name.
    Cayden 'Prisoner' Mary - CMP Main, long time player, all time hater and enjoyer of MP's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Arty View Post
    . . . this literally wasn't a shitpost and actually really bothers me.

My brother is half black, I grew up in a poor town, so thanks to American economics a lot of my friends and rolemodels growing up were black. I've heard the "nigger" jokes from white kids, I've heard people call them "darkies" and wonder why I was so fucking belligerent about it. I have heard people find the littlest ways to try and defend cops who've shot unarmed black men. Not the clever or logical ones, shit like "maybe his wallet looked like a gun in his pocket, he shouldn't have put it in his front pocket". So maybe I'm a lot more in tune with this than most of you.

It's that upbringing and some common decency that makes me feel actual disgust when I see somebody say "Jamaican!", and then for everybody to run after them shooting. I take issue to people bragging about how they looted a dead Jamaican. I take issue to Captains, Executive Officers, even fucking Staff Officers - people in positions of power - telling a militarized force to "kill all Jamaicans on sight." Maybe I just see something wrong with that because of my liberal snowflake fee-fees, that's got to be it.

"Oh, it's a shitpost, he can't be serious!"
    Maybe my wording isn't essay quality here, but it's not the first time I've brought this issue up. Every time, it's "because they have dreds" despite the tendrils barely having any similarity to them beyond length, "or because it's what we've always called them". I thought that if I put it in a funny, exaggerated manner with plenty of pictures, then maybe a couple jackasses would pick up why it's so annoying and disappointing that some servers have had to ban slur-adjacent space racism like "ligger" because some of us had to take it too far, and had to excercise our god-given right to put down and harass minorities in the spehss gaem because all those libtards in real life won't stand for it, will they?
    Sometimes bait isn't even bait
    Cayden 'Prisoner' Mary - CMP Main, long time player, all time hater and enjoyer of MP's