User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mr-Herr-San - Commander Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you were seriously put through a gauntlet with all of these questions. Besides the app itself, which is solid, I think it’s earned you a +1.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The comments are coming outta the walls! They're coming outta the goddamn walls!

I'll attempt to reply to everything in order of appearance:

Novacti - Of course, communication. Generally when I've lead there have been SO's who know to relay information, or I have simply told them to direct attentions to certain things. In the battle we had together, we didn't have that, it was just you and I in CIC, and as I was focusing on keeping squads together, this is something I did not do. In which the format of information came in the shape of you directly messaging all squads the same message every time something you deemed important came up. And as this was a 4 hour op from start to finish, that is exhausting, and though it may have been necessary at the time, is a rarity. My approach has always been; give constant small doses of information to CIC staff, and large less frequent bodies of information via command announcement. It's been commented upon that I gave a rather long worded version of "Evac the conlony" when asked to by the XO before as SO.

My tactics are something I'm always aware need to be improved, though the case your speaking of is rather skewed in recollection. Given that my initial orders were followed to the letter, and achieved exactly what I wanted on a new map I am unfamiliar with, with few casualties, I believe you are recalling what came directly after this. Which was when we got bogged down around the Aerodome and I was unable to put anything down to try and get movement going again. Which lead to a retreat to the FOB. The discontent arose from one squad wanting a retreat and another saying they had the enemy pinned, with myself merely allowing the SL's to make the decision for themselves, and then ordering a withdrawal. And further discontent after when we had managed to get back to the FOB, and we had killed the Queen, I then ordered a counter attack which the marines vehemently opposed. This was when you took over.

Yuliy - Event 1. Mass order ignorance & shipside situation.

You've woke up on cryo on Big red, mission time of 12:30.
    Your XO has already ordered your men. Alpha - Fix the engine. Bravo - FoB. Charlie, Delta - Bar FoB.
    At the time when you arrive at the CIC, XO reports that Delta is engaged with a Xenomorph and already entering the SE Cave, while Alpha, didn't fixed the engine and also headed to the SE cave with Delta.
    As last scan result was nearly 40, you're certain the two squads will get wiped if they enter the area without any proper support. CAS is struggling to setting up, while OB is unavailable as two squads are entering deep.
    Charlie in the mean time, got distracted by the flanking Xenomorphs and got clogged in Marshalls and dorms.
    At the exact moment when you heard that report, CL suddenly yells that one of your MP is arresting them by the crime of theft by taking one of the Xenomorph's egg
    They claim they just picked one of the egg was lying down on the middle of the medbay hallway for 10 minutes, but MP and CMO says it's for the research. RO is supporting on CL's side as medical isn't doing their job and beginning to pile up the wounded.
    Looking at the XO, you are clear certain he is lacking skills of ordering the peoples, while RO and CMO is beginning to clog the command channel due to the CL's event.
    What event are you going to set as a high priority, and if you did, what will you going to do?

Imediately informing the CL/RO/CMO/MP's that the XO will meet with the CL in his office to hear both sides to shut them up over coms, and inform all parties that the egg will remain in containment and for the CMO and RO to return to their duties. With that one straightforward message, which would take no time at all, I would turn my attentions to the landside operations. Depending upon whether the FOB is at LZ1 or 2, though the positions of squads makes it seem like LZ1, so I'll go with that. Frankly, 40 xenos doesn't seem right at all given how long the operation has been going, or indeed how fast a bioscan was made, so I'd ahelp for that. As well as this seeming like a bumrush to the hive which is against the rules. I'd then have Delta hold outside of the entrance to the caves and fortify, reminding them of the bioscan numbers and to esnure they are not taken out through their ovextension and lack of support. I'd have Alpha maintain their course and move in to support Delta in the event that they should become overwhelmed but to stay at the cave entrance if Delta do go balls deep.I'd order Charlie to try and detatch from any combat they have been engaged in, and to secure the road from the bar fob to the hospital. If there's a tank, I would send it over to the bar on standby should Delta get creamed. From there on, I would have to see what happens next and if orders are followed.

Event 2. The M-word

Mission is total failure. Everyone is wounded, or dead. Half of the squad forces are gone, but evacuation is a success.
    Suddenly, you hear the word you didn't want to hear through the radio.
    Mutiny.
    Thankfully, MPs are already gearing up and are ready at the CIC, but you're certain your lead was, in fact, really bad and had been messed-up horribly.
    You hear the call that entire Bravo and Delta is gathering up in RnR from your loyal CMP, which are more than 30 men even after evac.
    CIC is moderately armed, including the SO. Medical bay is fully functional, so there likely won't going to be a permanent death after the mutiny.
    It's quite 50:50 you will win against the angry mob, or will loose horribly.
    What will you going to do on this situation - Will you stand your ground and remain as the CO? Or will you willingly stand down and let the mutineers take the control?

This depends upon whether I myself think I have done a terrible job, and that all fault lay with me, and not that of the marines failure to follow orders, or CIC staff interferring, as I would likely commit suicide. I would have announced this course of action before a mutiny could be called, and as such the admins would surely not have allowed a mutiny. If not, I would attempt to remind them of their obligations to the USCM and to their fallen comrades who cannot be avenged if we are fighting among ourselves. With some time surely having passed since arriving back to the ship if everyone is injured and needing treatment, before the eventual xeno crash to be used as a way in which to unite the marines around a common threat. If the ship does not arrive before that can happen, I would state that I cannot allow the degredation of this ships moral to continue and for the chaos that the mutinous marines espouse to flourish when the enemy that has brought this state upon them continues to make host of their brothers in arms, and call upon all loyal troops to remain calm, and that a formal proceeding will take place to inspect my actions after the mission is over, but to ensure the security of the ship. After that, it depends upon what happens, but suffice to say, if I have not already killed myself after a failure of my own doing, I would not back down and would seek to eliminate all ringleaders.

Bancrose - Thank you.

Enyonggg - Thank you too.

Ceyella - There seems to be some kind of confusion here, as I played soley grunt and SL marines in the first month of activity, with the odd game thrown in nowadays. I know how to lead a single squad on the ground, which is what I do when I don't want to lead from CIC and have some action. I've played nearly 130 hours on CM and 106 rounds, I'm really not as bald as you think I am.

b0e6cf91fe4bebbd73569afeafa206b5.png

As for the comment about not knowing how to contact MP's, you're refering to a game yesterday, in which I was your SO, and I said "I CANNOT speak to the MP's, why don't you try it instead of calling me bald." You may not recall, but shortly before this I told you we had no MP's on board, which is why I kept asking you to decide what to do with the soviet survivor.

FGRSentinel - Thank you also.

CryoPyroDrake - What he said.

Don - Hi, see what I above to Ceyella, I've played SO more than I have XO, perhaps more than SL. And a lot of grunt/SG games. I know how to run a tank, repair engines, load OB, deal with squad req. And being an IO is one of my favourite roles. It's only been this last month that I've REALLY been playing command roles. The last time I played SO to a great extent before getting more experience, was when I RP'd that I suffered from what I would call "cool cat talk" as a result of cryo sleep. This was in answer to all the SL's speaking in caveman gibberish..... And Windhealer talking tribal. I also do know about the command tablet, I always grab it from the toilet at the start of every CIC round. And I generally watch rounds after I'm unrevivable.

Survivor - Thanks, as you say.
    Last edited by Mr-Herr-San; 11-21-2019 at 09:09 PM. Reason: additional

Ceyella
    To clarify, you have 244 total hours.

98ish hours so far this month, 83ish in October, 63ish in September and none before then.

This is not much time, most players get 100+ a month, and have much higher totals. Like don said, more time in more varied roles is good.

Also; Jared was a MP on crew manifest. I expect you to check the crew manifest as a CO before responding their are no MPs.

You are an OK guy and I will work for you in CIC and such, I think you get along with people well and don’t act insane, I just worry about a lack of experience. Because at low pop you have far, far less of a support network than high pop, and you are mainly a low pop guy.
    Last edited by Ceyella; 11-22-2019 at 05:05 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent - good answers to an absurd amount of questions as well as positive feed back. I've seen you at least once or twice as XO, and I don't remember having any bad expierences with you as an XO.

+1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted, Em will get your perms sometime soon.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since your ckey has symbols in it, in the event the role isn't working for you, contact me or bancrose.