Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snezhinka - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Snezhinka

Player Name You Use Most?
    Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Captain

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Killing a marine after shortly stealing the sniper rifle. Then failing to answer PM from staff (24 Hours) / To my defence, he picked it up and ran straight into xeno lines without stopping and I usually immediately leave or play another video game while waiting the round to end which led me not knowing about the PM

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Extreme disobedience or disturbance during an op with the exception of staff excelling in performance despite disobeying orders. If they know better, it's a lot wiser to listen and support them rather then just forcing your own rules and commands whilst constantly arguing back and forth getting nowhere.

In my opinion, BE is not so different from severing tumour from a human body. You leave that tumour long enough and it may cause more problems in the future. Better to take it out immediately before it actually causes problems for the entire human body.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Morrigan "M.K" Kessler understands that compromises must be made in order for the crew to work effectively. She also tends to solve problems in a straightforward manner. If the crew is currently facing an issue such as insubordination, she will;
    1) Enquire on the issue
    2) Deal with the issue, preferably peacefully
    3) If step 1 or 2 fails, repeat until insub crew member(s) actually disobeys and compromises the op.
    4) If step 1,2 or 3 fails, execute Battlefield Execution unless MP staff are able to contain insub crew member(s)

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    Authority figure, morale booster with a somewhat better understanding of battlefield strategy. Also provides advise for crew members. As I have mentioned, while on normal circumstances captain will always be the highest ranking officer present on Almayer, he or she should not forcefully create rules and commands that will stricken and compromise the crew member's effectiveness. Leave it to the professionals and listen whilst sharing advise between one and another. This way the op will move smoothly.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Gameplay wise? A temporary faction wide abilities. Instead of being in view while using order abilities Move!/Hold!/Focus!, let all of the combatant roles regardless z zones be affected.

The catch would be that the combatant has to have a radio. Otherwise it would be weird.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I live in Asia. When I'm playing on the server, there's either no CIC staff or just 1 SO to handle the entire corp. It's not fun for everyone when the RO or CE has to take over when they wanted to do their supply logistics or engineering projects

+8 GMT Timezone

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    I could almost feel his gaze pierce right through my skull. It's like a knife being pushed into my face. The XO always gave people that look but it's a whole lot painful to deal with this time.

"Sir, I-", as I tried to explain myself, I felt a wave of force coming from his general direction.

"You shot him! You shot him dead, Morrigan! When I allowed you to overseer this operation on your own on my absence, I expected you to handle this flawlessly. Yet I find this on the report and comms.", he tosses a file and a picture of the dead scumbag that almost got everyone killed.

I admit, I could have handled it better. The op was simple as well. Investigating a colony gone dark. We all knew what to expect anyway. A colony located in CLF territory. Pirates pretending to be freedom fighters. Though this op however felt off. It was almost as if the insurgents knew our every move. Almost as if someone was leaking information on real time.

The dead staff officer always had gave off a strange vibe throughout his service on the ship. Always cautious but not cautious for his fellow marines but himself. He was hiding something. And I was right. When I came back to the CIC after a quick break that everyone assumed would have been long, I saw him slipping a device to his computer. We don't do that. There's no reason to that here. I quickly confronted him on his actions and he immediately attempted to hide away his suspicious device but I managed to quickly place a swift kick to his back forcing him to lose his balance and dropping his device. For whatever reason it seemed that this device was so important to him that he desperately wanted to retrieve it despite his situation. I attempted to grab the device out of his hands but he proceeded to pull his sidearm. He was never a person with deft hands. I quickly tackled him to the ground but with his finger slightly still on the trigger, the force between our bodies was enough to fire off a round. Moments later, 2 marines and the CE came running in to investigate the commotion. They arrived witnessing a wounded SO whom has shot himself on the groin. I explained the situation and showed them the device.

Much later it was revealed that the device was a silent transponder. It was meant to hail a nearby vessel. Though we were unable identify the vessel itself. It did not take long before the crew speculated that the vessel was CLF and that if the traitor was successful, they could have boarded the ship with our pants down. Rumours also started spreading that he was also responsible for leaking information to the insurgents during the op. The crew went up and arms to kill this man and the MPs were struggling to control the crew. Chaos soon spread throughout the ship and people were being gravely wounded. I understood that it was not going to stop anytime soon and we could not afford anymore more of this, thus I took it upon myself to execute the traitor.

Before I pulled the trigger, I asked him for his reasons. He muttered to himself, "They have my family, Morrigan. What would you have done?".

"And we have a family here, the Corps. You betrayed your own brothers and sisters in arms which I remind you also have had families lost to the CLF. Everyone dies, it's reality." I replied as I pulled out my sidearm and pushed the barrel against his forehead. "You could have asked for help, but you succumbed and they played you the fool. In fact, as shitty as this may sound, I bet your family's already gone."

He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. He knew I was right but could not accept it," I couldn't risk it. I couldn't risk it." He kept muttering to himself. I pulled the trigger. The loud bang silenced the hallways. Everyone looked as me as I walked out of the CIC. "He's dead. Get back to your posts. We've still an op to finish up." Everyone knew it was not exactly the right way to end that situation, it was not by the book and I was not with the right rank. But what choice did we have? The highest present ranking officers were the RO and CE, no one had the authority to BE and keeping him alive would have prolonged the infighting.

"If it were up to me, I would have you sent to the brig for permanent confinement . But you're a lucky woman aren't you? Due to the... Special circumstances the Admiral want's your charges to be dropped and written off. I don't know what he sees in you. But for whatever reason he seems to like you. Admiral Razor want's to see within the hour. He's waiting for you in the captain's office. Now get the fuck out of my sight.", the XO dismissed me with an extremely disgusted look on his face. He turned his back on me as I walked out of CIC.

As I walked through the hallway to captain's office, I wondered what the Admiral wanted from me. I was given special treatment, a pardon for a capital crime. As generous that was, it was also unnerving.

I entered the Captain's office. And there he was. Guarded by black armoured clad soldiers that no one wants to talk about. Some say they're combat synths, who knows.

Before I could address myself with a salute, he immediately started the conversation," Such a lovely place, this side of the ship. Nice wooden furniture, a carpet to match the colours with other oddities and prizes acquired by the last Captain of this ship. Rest in piece old friend... Morrigan Kessler. I've had my eyes on you for quite a long time. In fact it's my business to know who gets to seat where in the fleet. You did great in Colonial Marine Officers Candidate School. Camp Barrett, right? Done well enough in your courses. Your tutors and mentor were satisfied with your performance. Nothing in you exactly peaked my interest, you were nothing but another competent officer USMC could use. But lately your name has been mentioned far more often and for the wrong reasons.

I was taken aback with his introduction. A man that I have actually never met in person knows my entire history with the Corps.

He continued, "Do you know what I value the most in a person? It's loyalty. People who are loyal to you will go through hell and again just for you. They'll kill for you, they'll die for you. As for that Staff Officer you executed, he was loyal to his own family. His beautiful wife and daughter, whom are already dead. Don't ask why or how I know, it's easier that way."

"...Sir, why did you want to see me?", I questioned him.

He takes a sit on the Captain's chair and pulls out a black briefcase from underneath the table. He then places it on the desk.

"Open it."

In it lies a stack of paper. A quick glance informed me that it was a log of a person. Where this person went, ate, shat and slept. Underneath it, pictures.

The pictures captured a squad of soldiers. I do recognize their outfit, a bunch of freelancers but nothing too particular about it. The next picture however was a tad strange however. A marine handing something over to the mercenary. But then I recognized the marine, he was from Alpha. Also someone that the XO gives obscure tasks and long recon missions. "The unit that goes completely dark, to protect himself from being detected by enemy"... Is what the XO always told us.

"Those freelancers were about to board you on the day of the incident. Freelancers hired by CLF. That on the picture was only a small fraction of the boarding party. We estimated about a hundred men to launch a surprise attack. Your XO has been playing as an CLF informant for a long time now. We've let him leak information on purpose because the trail he leaves usually leads to high value targets. Ahahahah! Ironic is it not?!", he slaps his hand against the desk while laughing manically. "We were however already prepared to stop the attack. But you already intervened. Good job."

"You may be wondering why I'm telling you all this. It's because I see potential in you. And I know you're loyal to us. You understood what was at stake and dealt with the situation swiftly. Like cutting off rotting flesh.", he stands up while glancing around the room. "I'm about to give you a chance join by my side as an XO. Then eventually my Captain. This quarters and the ship will be yours. But you will obey and act as "I" command."

It was a lot to take in. From SO to an XO. Did not expect a promotion for many years, yet he speaks as though I would receive it fairly soon. It also felt I had no choice. He laid it all out on me. How could he just let me walk out the door without being shot by those men guarding him? Though, a piece of information was missing, "But wait, what's about to happen to the current XO?" I enquired.

"... Ah. Well he's about to go for an early retirement. For we no longer have any use for him.", he looks at me directly in the eyes. "How convenient isn't it? We have already prepared a farewell vacation trip too. I hear the water there is... Warm. Very warm. A man could fall in and never leave for the waters will wipe all your problems away. Now, enough talk. I've still have much to do. When the time comes we will meet again. I expect great things for you, Morrigan Kessler.

P.S I apologize for any spelling and sentence mistakes. English is not my first language

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello friend, Morrigan.

Question:

1. In 2189, the United States Colonial Marines in Solaris ridge fight against xenos, the marines are holding forward operating base and enemies are pushing in. What's the best way to do?

2. Time is 13:00 and marines are evacuating planetside and they're inside the Alamo but a Pilot officer is refusing to launch the dropship. What are you going to do?

3. A chief military police is abusing a prisoner inside the brigged, what are you going to do with him?

4. 10 marines are killed in Orbital bombardment and the suspect is your Executive officer and none MPS are active. What are you going to do?

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cheng,

Answers:

1) Assuming we are using Lz1 as the primary FOB, I would have first advised the first deployment marines to cover the flanks as per image from 1.a. Hopefully the engineers brought down sentries instead of MGs facing the flanks. No one wants to stand around facing the same walls for almost an hour, that's not fun for anyone. Now that the xenos have pushed back due to the lack of marines to spearhead into the hive, I would advise JTAC operators to use CAS/OB/Mortar ordnance from FOB. The places I would advise JTAC operators to prioritize would be with artillery hostiles such as boilers and buildings so close, refer to image 1.b, that they can almost touch the FOB barricades as the walls can cover the xenos. Forcing xenos to fight in an open battlefield is so much easier then fighting in tight corridors. Remember those times a warrior grabbing you around the corner? Yea. No one can even save you without risking close quarters friendly fire because everyone's facing in you and that warrior from one direction. If it let's you go to escape, you'll just be blasted by that slug or buckshot the moment you stand up. By removing the walls, the close range xenos become extremely vulnerable as they'll end up getting shot from all sides instead of one. Now assuming the queen is constantly screeching the same side of the FOB over and over trying to break through, a coordination of explosives and CAS will be necessary to take down the rushing xenos after a screech then have the marines rushing into the stunned xenos for a kill or two. A queen without her subjects leaves her a lot more vulnerable. She can't after all take on a dozen of marines regardless if she managed to screech all of them in the rush all by herself.

Short version;
    Secure flanks, have them watched
    Destroy buildings, force a open fight
    Halt screech rush with ordnance, unga xenos

If it all fails, then it's time to pack up and evacuate before the queen shows up for the last push. If the xenos managed to push to your last line of barricades regardless of how long you've stood your ground, then it's time to go.

1.a

1.b

2) Normally an evac order should have a time set to depart. My answer for this is quite straight forward. (Scenario A) Assuming it's set for 13:00, the pilot should depart on that time on the dot. Regardless or not there's marines still outside fighting behind their one layer cades. I would rather lose a few then all of them. (Scenario B) However assuming xenos have already broken into Lz 1 before it's close to 13:00 and are literally touching the doors as they try to grab a marine out of their seat, then I will remotely set the dropship for lift off. After all, what's the purpose of lingering on the landing pad defencelessly? If SL marines were to force to depart much earlier in (Scenario A) despite the one layer cade still holding, then they will face a 5 minute of brig time with the charge of Insubordination as the individual has failed to follow the commanding officer's order to depart on 13:00.

3) If the CMP is found abusing a prisoner or a brigged marine, hopefully without a lethal weapon, he will still be faced with marine law. In this case, he will be punished in the minimum of 15-30 minutes for Assault depending on the damage inflicted. With a full staff, I would have MPs to arrest the CMP. If they however decide to defend the CMP they will face the charges of Aiding and Abetting, 15-30 minutes. Assuming however I do not have MPs present, I will deputize one of my SO to arrest the CMP. However assuming I do not have an SO AND MP, then I would proceed with an battlefield execution. You may think it's extreme, it's should be the last solution for punishment, no? But remember that news spread quickly and beatings are loud and the walls are thin. Marines and MPs are rarely on the same side, thus this could easily escalate to mutiny or violence. CMP's actions to abuse the prisoner has affected my CIC operations, reputation and marine effectiveness. But you're thinking, I could still have had him stunned, cuffed and processed him myself. But remember, with me only the one available to overwatch the OP, I do not have the time or luxury to follow the SOP to carry out the arrest myself.

4) The thing about OB/CAS/Mortars is that it's operated by both ends. Both sides need to coordinate properly in order to actually land a perfect shot. The JTAC operative needs to provide coordinates that he/she knows that marines wont push past. The executive officer should only fire when the JTAC operative has provide the clear to fire. If the JTAC operative did not provide the correct coordinates or failed his/her timing for the clear to fire, then the operative will face the charges of Manslaughter... Assuming he/she will not be mauled by the other marines. However if were that of the XO with no MPs, I would deputize one of my SO to arrest the XO for Neglect of duty with punishment of 25 minutes; Demotion/removal of command. If I had no SO or MPs, then refer to my similar answer to CMP from 3).

My answers are quite straightforward, I hope you find them of satisfaction
    Captain Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Statistics
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morrigan is a good man and a good roleplayer.

The app is well written and Ive never had any bad experiences with him.

+1

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your application says you (presumably) applied for the CO whitelist at some time in the past, but doesn't provide a link. Do you happen to have one or could you tell us how long ago it was?
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    Your application says you (presumably) applied for the CO whitelist at some time in the past, but doesn't provide a link. Do you happen to have one or could you tell us how long ago it was?
    Ah, about that. I apologize as may have misread that question and thought that it included this very whitelist.

I submitted the form around 5am and had not slept before then thus my carelessness;
    Last edited by Snezhinka; 11-22-2019 at 03:20 AM.
    Captain Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Statistics
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest you to play Executive officer instead of going squad leader so I can vote you.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morrigan is good and robust and not cringe or dumb or LRP and I've seen them play XO so +1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After having you as my XO, I think that you deserve CO. Your initial orders are creative, you communicate a bit too little, but that can be fixed. You respond to situations quite sluggishly and don't respond very well to events that happen after the first drop. However, you make good use of gayzo TACMAP screenshots and are fairly responsive to queries and questions.

You also lack some initiative to issue orders and delegate some tasks that have not been set to others, for example: telling somebody to help and teach the lone CT that round, so the CMP took the initiative instead.

I think you'd make a good CO with a little more experience, but it wouldn't hurt for you to get whitelisted now.
    Best of luck,
    -BLUEFOR (Yeah, it's really me this time)

+1
    Last edited by Novacti; 11-23-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are doing a great job as Executive officer of United States Colonial Marines. I am supporting your application and good luck Captain MK. +1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019