User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snezhinka - Commander Application

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though the rest of your app is well written and thought out (with a few grammatical hiccups here and there), your BE response is lacking. It fails to differentiate a BE and a standard execution, as per ML SOP. You are also not specific enough on your approach to dealing with insubordination since you give a one-size-fits-all approach to every department.

I'll ask you a couple of questions before I give my verdict:

1. How exactly does a Battlefield Execution differ from a standard execution, and when should each be utilized?
    2. How would you deal with direct, vocal insubordination from Requisitions and the Military Police?

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingIdiot View Post
    Though the rest of your app is well written and thought out (with a few grammatical hiccups here and there), your BE response is lacking. It fails to differentiate a BE and a standard execution, as per ML SOP. You are also not specific enough on your approach to dealing with insubordination since you give a one-size-fits-all approach to every department.

I'll ask you a couple of questions before I give my verdict:

1. How exactly does a Battlefield Execution differ from a standard execution, and when should each be utilized?
    2. How would you deal with direct, vocal insubordination from Requisitions and the Military Police?
    Hi there;

To my understanding, Battlefield Execution bypasses the standard operating procedure for a standard execution. The standard execution is time consuming. For example, what if there were no MPs present to detain this disruptive marine that's shooting everyone during briefing room because he or she was bored of waiting? I'd have to utilize BE. This player probably lacks the understanding of the marine law and the server rules thus removing the player from the round immediately instead of waiting for an MP to wake from cyrosleep to pacify this player will help to continue the round smoothly and will prevent further chaos and FF logs from other marines that will retaliate.

1. How would you deal with direct, vocal insubordination from Requisitions and the Military Police?

Both the requisition and the military police are vital assets to the ship. I should try not to have them arrested for Insubordination first to avoid serious disruption in the round and operation. I'd first have to figure out the main cause of the issue and have it solved in a timely manner.

However if requisition has no intention of following my orders regardless of my efforts, then they will need to be detained and brigged for insubordination. In the marine law, the maximum time for Insubordination is 10 minutes. Whilst the req staff is detained for that time, I would have to delegate my XO or SO depending on the availability of staff to fulfill req's duties. Hopefully the req staff will come to terms with me albeit reluctantly after the brig time ends.

I am however fine with the military police being disobedient to me. They are bound to the marine law as server rules and they risk a job ban just by failing to follow marine law. As long as they do not do anything out of character then I will not intervene in their matters. To punish them however, I will fax a small report to high command if I have time. Detailing on what the MPs in question have done and the orders that they have ignored from me.

If I do need someone arrested, I'd have to deputize one of the SOs to enforce the marine law temporarily.
    Captain Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Statistics
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good responses. However, I'd like to caution you on having a hands-off approach to insubordinate MPs, as it's an unfortunate reality that abuse of power and entrapment within the bounds of Marine Law is to be expected amongst MPs. Use your best judgement and keep a close eye on things, particularly if there is no CMP around willing to cooperate.

+1

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The app is solid, the community support is strong, and the answers are pretty good. I think this is a reasonably easy +1 from me. Good luck.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pictures in the story were really good, and the overall answers were... great. You did very well on answering any questions posed to you and I think you will be a great CO.
    +1 from me.

*salute

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not?

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone,

First off, I'd like to say thank you everyone for the positive votes and useful feedback.

I'd also like to inform everyone that I will very inactive ingame for the moment due to strange lag spike as of late.

Highest peak

When moving around in spectate mode (Gif)
    https://imgur.com/4QARoSE
    231ms - 1156ms

Idle (Gif)
    https://imgur.com/xTnfJUM
    116ms - 137ms

I am unable to identify what's causing it, but it seems to exclusively happen in CM server. So for now, I will be spending my time investigating and will probably not be able to show more of myself in game.
    Captain Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Statistics
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snezhinka View Post
    Hi everyone,

First off, I'd like to say thank you everyone for the positive votes and useful feedback.

I'd also like to inform everyone that I will very inactive ingame for the moment due to strange lag spike as of late.

Highest peak

When moving around in spectate mode (Gif)
    https://imgur.com/4QARoSE
    231ms - 1156ms

Idle (Gif)
    https://imgur.com/xTnfJUM
    116ms - 137ms

I am unable to identify what's causing it, but it seems to exclusively happen in CM server. So for now, I will be spending my time investigating and will probably not be able to show more of myself in game.
    Don't worry, you'll be fine. *salute

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Kessler, I've seen you a lot during games and unfortunately have not seen you play XO. I know that you can lead though as you've been set as aSL and taken the position seriously instead of neglecting it.

Overall you're a competent player and it'd seem you put a lot of effort in your app so a +1 from me.
    Elena 'Tofu' Mei
    "The best medic USCM has to offer."

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The app is decent and your responses to further questioning by Scidiot were well thought out. They show you've put effort into this, and I can appreciate that. You have community support, and from my experience with you, you've done well in leadership roles. Because of these factors, I'm confident that you'll do fine as Commanding Officer. You have my +1.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler: