Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: unknown - illegal battlefield execution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't say what channels each line was on? I only remember seeing

"[02:28:16]SAY: Gavin 'CryBaby' Calor/ThatOneGuyWithTheFace : Pearsall?"

as for "get to the ship now" the alamo had been recalled but I didn't notice the CO say that to me. And, as I said, I didn't "sprint off" I was grabbing intel.

But it's clear that I'd committed no BE offense and that the BE was illegal, the CO had no idea what was going on, it was ramirez/staffer who was at fault for the xeno getting on to the alamayer.

wrt "THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ON HERE? GET TO THE SHIP. NOW." How was I even supposed to know that was directed at me? And the CO made no real effort get my attention.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so, the Council has made their decision on this. To simplify things, I'll cover the three parts of this event that led up to the BE and the overall implications of each that led to this decision: the incident with the Alamo, leaving the LZ, and the encounter in the dorms.

To start, a Lurker had somehow managed to board the dropship. The how isn't really important here. What is important, however, is that as you weren't on the dropship and apparently nobody else was, this allowed the Lurker to avoid being discovered until the Alamo landed on Almayer, at which point it slipped off into a vent due to the fact Marines weren't prepared for it. While accidentally allowing a Xeno onto the Almayer is something that can happen, it's always something that puts the entire ship at risk.

Secondly, after the Alamo was remote launched, you seemingly continued your radio silence and left the LZ. At this point, the Council believes, you had made a conscious decision to abandon your post without informing anyone or getting approval, which is potentially desertion.

Finally, the CO found you wandering alone in the darkness around North Nexus. For this, it should be noted that the CO has a big blue star icon next to them in the Marines' HUD to make them easy to spot. The only reason we can come up with for not noticing the CO before they BE'd you is you were ignoring both the chat log and all your surroundings beyond your search for intel, which implies a tunnel vision that could have easily resulted in your death. Looking at the logs, there was a full 12-13 seconds between the CO giving you an order (given directly to you face-to-face) to return to the LZ/Alamo and the first shot hitting you.

The Council feels that, at this point, the BE was VALID for the following reasons: you had (intentionally or not) allowed a Xeno to get onto the Almayer; you had made a conscious decision to leave the LZ and, by extension, your post; you had failed to communicate during the entire event; and when the CO found you and ordered you back to the ship, you didn't respond. As Yuliy stated, there is no point in this chain of events that suggests anything different than you abandoning your post in such a way that it allowed an active threat on board the Almayer, which elevates the Lurker getting onto Almayer from an honest mistake to a consequence of your apparent desertion, which is a capital crime.

In short, the Council feels that no action is necessary.
    Last edited by FGRSentinel; 11-26-2019 at 05:45 PM. Reason: replaced a word that made no sense
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bancrose is out for the week and so is Emerald, so I'm acting as whitelist honcho for a few days.
    I agree with the council.

No action to be taken