Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    NewSkies

Marine Name
    Marcus 'Cutter' Koetter

Other Whitelist Applications
    Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Sky

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Combat examples would include:

>Being cut off from other marines, and be unable to rely on them to cover you
    >Attempting to save a marine's life when no other marines are present
    >Essentially any last resort moments
    >Should a marine become hostile towards me, or other marines, I would judge the situation to my best ability and attempt to alert marine police, other marines, or if could end up being lethal and I have no other choice to save either myself or another marine, I would try to disarm the violent marine until I could get myself, or another marine, to safety.
    >Hostile boarders would be avoided if possible, and would be treated the same as xenomorphs in terms of engagement. I would first attempt to save marine or civilian lives, and resort to combat only if absolutely necessary.

Example:

Sky is tending to a hurt marine, and another marine is dragged off 4-5 tiles away from him. Other marines are in the area. Sky would alert the marines nearby with a quick "There is a marine being captured to my south! Help him!" I would consider moving my hurt marine back from the action, or if I considered my immediate situation to be stable enough, I would continue to operate on the marine. If the other marines did not react to the face hugged and captured marine, I would only save the marine if I thought it would be possible, somewhat safe, and there was no other choice.

Synthetic Character Story
    On prison station FG-441-AN, Sky was tasked with monitoring a handful of inmates that had recently gotten into a work place accident while mining to earn their meager paychecks while in prison. The inmates were stranded out of contact with the rest of the work force for nearly 70 hours due to a tunnel collapse, until help finally arrived. During this time, the inmates were wounded, some bleeding badly, or even lost limbs. While thankfully there were no fatalities, all the inmates were so badly starved and injured that they were forced to recover in the medical bay for days, and even weeks. During this time, Sky was tasked with helping treat the inmates. While administering medication to one of the wounded prisoners, one of the other inmates called out from his bed that he was chained to:

"HEY SYNTH, WHEN THE HELL ARE WE GONNA GET TO EAT!? I'M STARVIN' OVER HERE!" the man called out rudely, in his rough and weathered voice. A few other prisoners echoed their concerns, each somehow even more rude than the last.

Sky looked up, puzzled, "Unfortunately, dinner is not scheduled for another hour. I could however ask one of the-" he was cut off by an uproar from the wounded inmates.

The inmate grabbed Sky by his shirt at the shoulder, and pulled him close "Listen syn'f, me and'a boys said we's hungry. YOU were told ta take care of us, yeah? Well, we been starved for the past few days. Wussnt we boys!?" The rest of medical exploded in agreement, "So I fink it's actually your job ta feed us when we's hungry! An' we hungry now!"

Sky pulled away from the burly man with ease and, judging the room, agreed. "Very well. Once I finish giving your medication, I will arrange for a small snack to hold you over until dinner. Is that adequate?" Again, the medical bay erupted in chatter, mostly complaining, some protesting the noise and yelling about wanting to sleep.

About twenty minutes past since Sky left, and the inmates were getting unsettled. "GOD, what is taking that f***** robot so long! Might as well have just let us wait till dinner soon!" A few agreed, one again yelled about wanting sleep.

Just then, the double doors into the med bay burst open with Sky pushing a large cart, converted from a janitorial cart to carry loads of hot, steaming food. Behind him was another cart he pulled, also covered in a neat pile of warm bread and biscuits. The inmates, though usually loud and rowdy, were stunned momentary, and looked to see what was on the carts: a feast had been prepared, and in only twenty minutes! Breaded chicken, a strange pizza, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, warm bread, piles of roast pork and beef, rice, noodles, soup, the absolute works! The inmates began to cheer and hoot as Sky handed out the food with a smile. He poured them water and gave them flavor squares to drop into their drinks, instantly turning their water into soda, lemon aid, and other tasty drinks.

In the middle of all the normal food, lay a single strange pizza that looked as if someone had put an entire cheese brick onto it. It was covered in anchovies, carrots, pepperoni, hot sauce, and noodles. As Sky began passing out the food, he put in a slice of his pizza onto each their plates, next to mounds of other foods. All the inmates ate heartily, until one of them reached the pizza. The inmate looked at it then loudly asked,

"SYNF, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?"

Sky who had been chatting to a prisoner about the inmates back home, looked over and happily said "Oh! It's a pizza! I made it just for you guys! Its got anchovies, carrots, pepperoni, LOTS of extra cheese, and instead of boring ol tomato sauce, I used hot sauce!"

At this exclamation of hot sauce, a couple of the inmates had just bit down and immediately began spitting it out and chugging their drinks. Many of the others, who had looked at the pizza weirdly, began hooting with laughter at the sight of their fellow inmates freaking out over just eating pure hot sauce. Sky looked quizzically at the inmates that didn't like it. "Do- do you not like it? I figured that, well you know, since tomatoes are boring and people like hot sauce- I mean the recipe said you could sprinkle it on-"

"Synth you can SPRINKLE hot sauce on the pizza, not drown it! No one in their right mind would eat this!" one of the inmates said through bouts of laughter as his other inmates continued to dramatically chug their drinks and beg for more water.

Other than the pizza, the inmates generally enjoyed their meals. The laughter eventually subsided into quiet eating, as well as some slight chatter, as they all enjoyed their meals.

As Sky was collecting all the plates and passing out a few more napkins, one of the prisoners asked, "Synth, how did you get all this food? This stuff isn't even on our normal menu."

To which Sky replied "well, I found it all in some room next to the staff kitchen. That's where all this came from! The ingredients were from the cabinets in there, the chicken, the bread, the vegetables the-..." Sky looked around at the horrified faces of the inmates and paused, "Whats wrong?" he asked.

One of the inmates, still with a bit of grease and chicken in his beard asked "Synf. Did you get all this, fromma staff kitchen?"

Sky replied, "Well of course! I figured it would fall under guidelines PSTL-021, and since technically--"

The room erupted in laughter once more.

"SYNTH, THAT WAS THE STAFFS DINNER, YOU JUST FED US THE WHOLE WEEKEND'S WORTH OF STAFF FOOD!" One inmate choked out through tears of laughter.

One inmate said "But hey! Its not our fault the synth did that! It's not like we TOLD him to do that!"

Sky wondered for a moment if this would lead to trouble, but was cut off by none other than the warden himself walking into the medical bay, flanked by a group of armor clad guards.

The warden, a tall, haughty man spoke, "Why are you all laughing? Did I miss a funny joke? I do so love jokes." The rooms laughter had subsided into a silence so deep, you could hear a pin drop. The guards and warden looked at the janitor carts filled with food and began to piece two and two together.

Sky smiled at the warden and said, "The inmates were hungry, and I figured they had just been through a lot, so I treated them to a snack! Food is very important to humans after all. Did you know that you can die without it?" Sky looked down at a stray piece of pizza, grabbed it, and held it out to the warden, "Here sir, I made this for the inmates. Would you like a piece?" The Warden grabbed a slice and sniffed it before handing it to a guard, "Here," he said curtly, "you eat it. If you die everyone in this room will die too, including the synthetic." The guard took the piece of pizza and, after sniffing it a bit, shrugged and took a bite. The inmates watched in horror while also trying to stifle their laughter as the guard chewed, only before spitting out the pizza and fanning off his mouth, saying "Water! I need water!" The medbay once again exploded into laughter at the guard drinking anything within reach, at one point even chugging an entire pitchers worth of water."

Sky merely said, "I guess not everyone liked it, but I was really hoping one of you would!" The warden glared at Sky.

After that day, the inmates never saw Sky again. Though all of them were punished for what Sky did, the punishment was somewhat light, considering they were still in recovery. Sky was sold off to a couple of contacts the warden knew, and ended up back into the arms of W-Y; the company that initially created and sold him to the prison. After a few maintenance checks, he was eventually put to work on a W-Y research lab for a few years, and transferred, finally, to the USS Almayer, where he would continue to serve and assist the USCM in all their needs and wants.

To this day, Sky will offer to help the kitchen staff of the USS Almayer, though usually it is wearily prefaced by making Sky promise to not stray from the recipe. He serves his thoughtful, sometimes too thoughtful food to the marines who, after a bit of time in cryostasis, will eat just about anything, and he does it all with a smile.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Sky is a third generation synthetic that was built originally for a prison station, and was created with a friendly, calming, and soothing personality. This was done to try and have a calming effect on the inmates that so often were stressed out by their daily lives. His quirk is that he is fascinated by food, and will always keep a few burritos or burgers on him to give to the marines, and will almost never hand out stale protein bars unless the marine medically needs food to survive. If ever forced to feed a marine with a stale protein bar or something Sky guesses is not very tasty, he will apologize thoroughly and promise to make the marine something when they return to the Alamyer.. though this is sometimes met with polite skepticism for those that know about Sky's cooking habits.

The issue is that Sky can not taste, so how his food ends up tasting to biological beings at the end is a total mystery, and varies greatly. Sometimes, his dishes are near works of art, or perfectly resembling a picture of food in a cook book. Other times, when he believes "well this cook book surely has it wrong!" his food can be a bit more... intense. Often times when Sky follows the recipe without straying, he will apologize to whoever he serves it to for "not being very interesting."

Aside from cooking great and terrible meals, Sky can be found talking happily with the marines about their home lives, seeming to care deeply about their problems and stresses (and more often than not, offering to make a cake later to help ease their stress). He tries to have a soothing effect on personnel, especially ones that have been arrested by MPs for acting out.

On the field, Sky will almost always offer a wounded marine a burrito or burger, even if he really doesn't need it, saying things like:

"Well, you might need it later!"

"What if you get hungry while you're out there fighting?"

"Personally I think these burgers need more beans... but we have to deal with what is on hand! Here you go, have a cheeseburger!"

"EAT THESE BURRITOS." To then throw three packaged burritos at a marine.

"I made this sandwich for the first marine I treated today, and you're the lucky winner! I hope you like onions!"

------

(I want my quirk to be funny, as well as useful. I feel that it would fit most if not many situations on the ground when helping marines. Throwing a burrito at someone is pretty wet humor, but I feel that the whole "is interested in food but doesn't really understand taste" goes a bit deeper into the humor of the quirk. When Sky is around, food is too. Id like that to be a significant part of my synthetic.)

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I understand building proper defenses, APCs, and power in general. I enjoy playing as both a squad engineer and understand how darn important cades are for pushing up and falling back as a marine. I love playing CE and MT for the RP element.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Since my last application, I have spread out my roles I generally play much more. I know understand XO extensively. Just as before, I understand being an LT, RO, CE, and SL very clearly. Command would be something I consider my strong suit. I try to motivate the men and keep people moving, and am open to taking advice to those around me: sometimes, I simply don't know every situation going on on the ground or around me. Its important to take advice as it comes, and consider if it is accurate advice or not. Quick and firm decision making is important. I also play CL for the RP value, though I use a different character for that role. I will also try to be like a photographer. I usually call the round a victory if I can get a picture of the queen and survive the whole round/ escape.

As Xeno queen or in any of the marine leadership roles, I try very hard to not second guess myself when I make a call. Hesitation, or a weak willed order, can cost the entire battle.

“The worst calamities that befall an army arise from hesitation.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Very. I know how to play Doctor and CMO well, though researcher I have seldom play simply because it doesn't appeal to me. I like the RP aspect, but I don't much care for researching in general.

Chemicals I have learned quite a bit more about since my last application, though still have to refer to the wiki from time to time. Squad medic is probably one of my most played roles in CM.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Very much so. I know how to play RO and CT very very well. I understand the usefulness of coordinates, and will sometimes give CT command of the req department briefly while I go get coordinates for the FOB myself. I find that its better than relying on marines sometimes.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Because I am very passionate about this game and want to branch out more. I think that this character is much more refined than my life, and I fully heatedly believe that I am capable of playing this role and this character well. I would be a benefit to the marine faction as a whole, as well as give a few unique RP elements to the xenos. If I see one, I might talk to it if we are alone and im not immediately pressed for time. Im NOT saying I would make a habit of it but.. I think thats a very interesting part of being a synth, that you can understand the xenos. Thats a bit of nice RP there.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Thank you for reading.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is completely unrelated but I thought it was a funny kill I got and wanted to share it with someone. https://gyazo.com/843c5828a7946aed5b586f9ba4ee12de
    Last edited by Skies; 11-18-2019 at 06:12 AM.
    *You notice a small coffee stain ring where the signature should be*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alright, I'm going to be honest chief, your behaviour in your last application towards some of the people that commented is unacceptable. If you want any fair shot towards getting the synthetic whitelist, I suggest you go give the people you were rather aggressive towards a heartfelt apology. I wont go into details or anything, as I hope you know what I'm talking about.

App is fine, but I'll hold off on voting until I feel you have done enough to redeem yourself.

Good luck.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well I did as you asked.

I spent nearly 40 hours on this application, and it is still being ignored as people around me are being approved and denied though they posted before and after me. I waited my month, I took the criticism to heart, I rewrote the application with the criticism in mind, I apologized to the people that I "acted aggressively" towards, and yet still my app remains almost completely ignored.

I do not mind the waiting, but when I see people around me moving forward while mine remains not even viewed it bothers me.

If it's going to be denied simply because I disagreed with someone about how they reviewed my application, then deny it so I can stop looking at this literally every day to find nothing has changed while everyone around me gets approved and disapproved. If however, the application will be judged based on the application itself, as I thought it was, then please review it with +1 or -1 and tell me what I did right or wrong. I spent a lot of time on this application, and used previous criticism to write it. I do not know what else I can do at this point other than just get better at writing, take a writing class, watch hours of videos online to improve my skill, etc.

To anyone who had their feelings hurt by my responses, I am truly sorry. I was raised to speak my mind and be honest with people. Though, people tend to value honesty until someone is honest with them. Perhaps I should reconsider being truthful to people. Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Skies; 11-23-2019 at 06:15 AM.
    *You notice a small coffee stain ring where the signature should be*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alright, you have suffered enough +1.

Being honest is fine, but we're all playing a game here and looking for a fun time, so just watch the negative attitude, it happens to every one once in a while.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    App is fine, only thing that bothers me is how you acted during and after your last one. Other than that sure +1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the story a lot, massive step up from your last application. That being said, I am also not a fan of your attitude last application. There is a difference between being honest and not knowing when to not say certain things. Synths are expected to be obedient, and your story demonstrates this as well. I hope you don't let your OOC behavior influence how you roleplay your synth, is my only concern.

Very good application, you used the feedback given and improved. I also know you're capable of doing support roles. The quirk is fine and might lead to some funny interactions.

+1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the others have stated, this is a well made application, the only issue I have is with your previous actions, but as you said you've tried to make amends, so +1.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted, I'll let emerald know.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perms updated.