Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    SwirlyKins

Marine Name
    Elena 'Tofu' Mei

Other Whitelist Applications
    Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Heather (Changed from Mary)

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes, i'm very familiar with them. I've read them several times while working on my story and working on this application.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    If I witness a marine get pounced by a Xeno and there are no marines present I believe I have the right to enter combat against the Xeno to protect the marine. During the encounter I would notify any marines close by for assistance.

If I am attacked by a Xeno it is my duty as a synth to pursue self preservation. I would defend myself in this situation and try to relocate to the closest marine force for assistance.

If a mutiny occurs and I am siding with command I would use non-lethals to subdue the marines that were trying to mutiny IF lethals forces are in use by the opposing party. It is not my duty to snuff the mutiny, but my duty to ensure the Captain and Members of CiC are protected. Whichever way the mutiny ends my duty will immediately switch to dealing with the wounded and dead marines.

A marine suddenly enters med-bay and starts shooting everything in sight. As a Synth my job would be to subdue the rogue marine with non-lethal methods. If I have an opportunity to alert MP's of the incident then I will, otherwise my priority is to subdue the marine then notify MP's.

Synthetic Character Story
    Story 1 - Short and just dialogue

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Story 2 - Longer and a first person story from a Marine

Story 2 Epilogue - Just a real short story to tie things up

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Mary is a medical synth that prioritizes longevity.

She suggests marines to lead a healthier lifestyle by cutting smoking, working out, or fixing their diets. She wants all the marines to be in peak condition for their own good.

Obviously it's not to an extent where it interferes with an operation, but enough that it creates RP with other players.

I like to think of it as a health teacher in high school.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Pretty familiar with engineering. I can hack most things, fix APC's, fix generators, and build a fob.

If it comes to in-depth things like construction then I would have to consult the wiki.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I am very familiar with command. I have quite a few captain games under my belt and many Lieutenant and XO games.

I enjoy playing command roles a lot, and I would safely say that I have pretty good knowledge of it.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Extremely familiar with medical. I'm pretty well known Medic and Doctor main.

Medicine is what i'm known for the most in CM, and I have pretty much everything memorized.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know how to play Req. I use to main RO and CT the first couple of months I started playing as a way to get used to the ship side roles.

I've kept up to date with all of the new req changes and I think this won't be a hard role for me to fulfill while playing synth.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I consider support roles my specialty in CM. I love playing support roles and I think that if I am able to play a synthetic it will benefit the community. I hope that I can make more games dynamic with my synth and be reliable for any support roles that need to be filled.

I think that my synthetic will also have enough to work with so she can interact with marines and make their games more entertaining as well.

I've also noticed as games progressed that a lot of support roles die, and I would hope to be able to fill those gaps as the game progresses and help make the game less stressful for everyone.

Also there are times that I notice medical being overwhelmed and I can't help but feel bad for not being a doctor and helping out to make them less stressed.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No, I don't have any job bans at the moment and have never received one.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Thank you for taking the time to read my application!

I feel like my short comings mostly come from my second story, so if that's a problem I apologize.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by SwirlyKins; 11-17-2019 at 06:43 AM. Reason: New name

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All three stories were very good, and showed off your quirk quite well. I have personally seen you in support a lot and know you are competent. My only issue is that we already have a synth named Mary, would you be willing to change your name? Edit: Forgot to add, this is a +1
    Last edited by superjo98; 11-18-2019 at 04:22 AM.
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superjo98 View Post
    All three stories were very good, and showed off your quirk quite well. I have personally seen you in support a lot and know you are competent. My only issue is that we already have a synth named Mary, would you be willing to change your name?
    Yeah, I could do that. I wasn't to attached to the name just picked a random one. Woopsies.
    Elena 'Tofu' Mei
    "The best medic USCM has to offer."

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhhh! Brad answered this first. Welp... second response is still good I guess.

You're really well-known as a great support player, and your application is very solid! The stories are very good, show off your quirk, and are fun to read through.

The Combat-Situations part is good, aswell. However, regarding the Xenomorph section, know that you shouldn't engage in combat (even if it is in the scope of self-preservation!) on the frontlines!

Just remember to change up your name!

Overall, a big +1.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderut22 View Post
    Ahhhh! Brad answered this first. Welp... second response is still good I guess.

You're really well-known as a great support player, and your application is very solid! The stories are very good, show off your quirk, and are fun to read through.

The Combat-Situations part is good, aswell. However, regarding the Xenomorph section, know that you shouldn't engage in combat (even if it is in the scope of self-preservation!) on the frontlines!

Just remember to change up your name!

Overall, a big +1.
    Oh I must have misinterpreted the self preservation part of the synthetic guidelines. I'll keep that in mind and sorry about that :x
    Elena 'Tofu' Mei

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swirly's been playing for a while now and I have seen her to be pretty competent throughout the times I have seen her. The stories are pretty good and show you us how you display the quirk. I don't see any issue with accepting her.

+1

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so happy you applied, you're an amazing medical player and lovely to interact with IC. Ok quirk and the stories are good. Nothing else needs to be said.

+1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, generally you want to avoid combat as long as marines are nearby, just focus on being support. Combat is for situations where you are alone or defending others who cant defend themselves.

Fine app, what's your new name going to be?
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    Fine app, what's your new name going to be?
    I changed it to Heather after talking to a friend for suggestions
    Elena 'Tofu' Mei

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted. Emerald will get you than I'll update your perms.