Byond ID?
    Novacti

CM Character?
    Odell Cromwell

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    UTC +11

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    14-20

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    N/A

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    TG Sybil and Bad Deathclaw, Paradise and Discordia

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    //showthrea...er-Application
    Commander Application - Accepted.

//showthrea...er-Application
    Commander application – Denied

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Minecraft server admin with a small community – (20-30) players | Head admin of a discord server that is dedicated to a community films project and other endeavours related to media – (30-40) people

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Very much so

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    If the MP's have already detained him, then I would say that no administrative action is required, as it can be dealt with IC'ly. Unless it was intentional, where multiple shots have been fired, then I would inform them on Rule 3. And if the person has a history of it, then I would apply a ban.

If there are any victims, heal the victims if they are not able to be healed/is not able to be revived IC'ly.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Take a look at the logs, at the same time, inform a council member, and ask the player to create a report on the forums.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    See if anyone is going to help the player IC'ly, if there are none, I will then ask if a mentor could assist them. If there are no mentors present, I would DM them and assist them if they accept.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I wouldn’t mind; reject their request to speak to a senior staff member, as there are more pressing issues that they have to attend to and there is a reason the moderator rank structure exists as it is.

Also, tell them to file a staff report if they are feeling discontent with me. Make a note that the player is rude in ahelps and if the player has a history of it, I would most likely ban him for breaking rule 3 after giving them a chance and informing them first.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Attempt to locate the player named ‘John Doe’ then inform them of rule 12 and how it specifically states ‘John Doe’ as a name that you cannot have. Ask them to change their name next round and offer a name change for the current round. Make a note of it.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is an IC issue, allow the MP’s to deal with it. Unless the MT is being a major threat to the operation and cannot be dealt with IC’ly. Then I would step in.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I will inform them on the updated RP rules on the survivor role, and see their notes, if they have another infraction form after the rule was stated, then I would give them a ban for breaching rule 2.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    First, I would check the logs, to attempt to identify the truth. If the player lied, take no action. If the MP lied, see if the issue is being dealt with IC’ly. If not, leave it as a note and notify the MP about his/her duties and have them read up on marine law, then allow the player to have a shortened sentence.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Create a unique RP scenario that would encourage either side to take action, such as; having an event where the escape pod of a very high ranking officer crashlanded on the planet, and the marines will have to rescue them, or have them retrieve “experimental” weapons to use against the xenomorphs. On the other hand, I could order the aliens as the queen mother to attack for their hive. If they do not, send IC messages to them displaying that they are being tortured for not obeying the hive’s directives.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Inform them IC’ly, and teach them how to properly treat patients if possible. If they are doing this on purpose, I would adminhelp it, as I am involved in the issue, I should not deal with it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    It’s perfectly reasonable for the marines to attack the CLF even after round end because it doesn’t break the RP standard, as the marines are enemies of the CLF. So it does not count to EROG. And inform the player that.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    See what gear that the marine has stolen and the importance of it in the operation, if it’s something like the captain’s tablet or has a lot of ahelps about it, I would take administrative action against the perpetrator and make a note of this. If they have a history of it, I may instate a ban on the player for breaching rule 4.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Firstly, I would check the logs, to ascertain the situation and attempt to thwart any lies.

If this is a case of improper escalation, see if it has been dealt with IC’ly and add a note on the player and inform them on rule 14. Revive the killed maine, nobody should be taken out of a round because somebody else broke a rule. If they have a history of such things, punish accordingly.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would first notify the mutineers on the rules and guidelines on a mutiny through either MOOC or otherwise. If I am not met with compliance, attempt to locate their leader if they do have one and pm them. If they finally do follow proper mutiny guidelines; having over 5 members, I would let it happen, if they fail to do so, appropriate punishments will be given.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I will tell the ahelper that it’s fine, as long as they are all within IC RP boundaries and people are enjoying it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Apply a ban and a note on the Ckey of the player who opened fire and make a note of it.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Seeing as they intentionally ran towards the front lines, I would ensure that the player is informed of the nature of what a xenomorph larva is and their inability to secure kills. If the player is not new and does this intentionally, apply a note/ban if necessary.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    That’s a big nono, inform the Xeno on the roleplay standards, allow them to have one chance. If they continue, add a note/apply a ban. If they have a history of LRP, apply sufficient punishment, such as; a xenoban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform them that it is still fine for xenomorphs to not use xenomorph slang, so it’s fine.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would pm the ahelper about the new RP rules regarding the “expected contact” changes to the RP style.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    That is completely fine, PR’ing self preservation is within the RP guidelines and standards. If they did RP with it.
    If they did not RP it, firstly confirm that the killer did what he/she did with reason, not simply to grief.
    If they did it to grief, apply punishment.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Do nothing. If they have a problem with me, they can either dm me or file a report.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Talk to them inform them that it’s their issue, as we have little to no rules regarding SSD’s and the protection of them.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Given the situation stating that I already know that they are giving incorrect information and I know the correct procedure/method; double check and then talk to the fellow staff member about it.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would firstly inform a higher ranked staff about it, then leave it alone, as my involvement would only add fuel to the fire.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to become a moderator to view the CM community through a different set of lenses and help improve it to the benefit and enjoyment of others.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I would say that the most important quality of a moderator is his/her justness and ability to comprehend the situation, providing the most enjoyment for a larger group of people.

Anything else you
    N/A

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is an IC issue, allow the MP’s to deal with it. Unless the MT is being a major threat to the operation and cannot be dealt with IC’ly. Then I would step in.

Just leave it be completely, do nothing at all unless they break a rule.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    First, I would check the logs, to attempt to identify the truth. If the player lied, take no action. If the MP lied, see if the issue is being dealt with IC’ly. If not, leave it as a note and notify the MP about his/her duties and have them read up on marine law, then allow the player to have a shortened sentence.

Investigation is key here, its a little more complicated than if one of them is lying but a good basis overall.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Create a unique RP scenario that would encourage either side to take action, such as; having an event where the escape pod of a very high ranking officer crashlanded on the planet, and the marines will have to rescue them, or have them retrieve “experimental” weapons to use against the xenomorphs. On the other hand, I could order the aliens as the queen mother to attack for their hive. If they do not, send IC messages to them displaying that they are being tortured for not obeying the hive’s directives.

While the creativity is interesting, leave that stuff to Smod+

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would first notify the mutineers on the rules and guidelines on a mutiny through either MOOC or otherwise. If I am not met with compliance, attempt to locate their leader if they do have one and pm them. If they finally do follow proper mutiny guidelines; having over 5 members, I would let it happen, if they fail to do so, appropriate punishments will be given.

When in doubt, mass sleep

Ive spoken with you at length about becoming a mod and i think your application is quite well done, the few mistakes made can easily be completed in a trial.
    While you have had a note recently, you explained to me about it and i dont think its a real detriment.

+1
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Taketheshot56,

I thank you for your time and support.
    Your insight into how I should deal with the situations has been noted. I shall apply it in the future.
    I will not disappoint.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice app! I would trust you for a trial if you manage those situations well:

1 - The CE ahelps that he have been brigged on XO's order because he denied a ship modification that was accepted by the XO.

2 - A Survivor ahelps that xenos are spamming neuro on them, thus making the fight unfair

3 - the CMP ahelps about pardonning a Minor crime because there is no CO

4 - Two marines get in a fight involving fist then knives and finally Shotguns. One end up dead and ahelps that he was griefed

5 - A Xeno is insulting the Queen calling her dumb/retard. She ahelps it.
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a good application to me so I wouldn't mind you getting a Trial.

+1
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What hours in which days will you be available to moderate typically?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good so far. I'll leave a nice shiny +1 here, but it's conditional on those questions above from Ventyas getting good answers.

I can't say I've seen you around much though, but looking at your timezone that makes sense.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ventyas

1 - The CE ahelps that he have been brigged on XO's order because he denied a ship modification that was accepted by the XO.
    If the CE chooses to not obey the orders of a higher up, that is insubordination and they are perfectly eligible to be brigged.

2 - A Survivor ahelps that xenos are spamming neuro on them, thus making the fight unfair
    The game is designed the way it is for a reason. If they have a problem with Xenoes spamming neuro, get them to make a suggestion on the forums or on GitHub.

3 - the CMP ahelps about pardonning a Minor crime because there is no CO
    Get the CMP to fax HC about pardoning a minor crime, it's an IC issue.

4 - Two marines get in a fight involving fist then knives and finally Shotguns. One end up dead and ahelps that he was griefed
    Check the logs, if there are no evident signs of griefing and it was just a tussle gone violent, take no action. Check the logs of the reported griefer as well. If there was evidence of any intent to grief, talk to the griefer and apply a ban for the breaching of rule 4.

5 - A Xeno is insulting the Queen calling her dumb/retard. She ahelps it.
    It is LRP to insult the queen as xenomorphs work in a hivemind, obeying every order that the queen gives with unfaltering loyalty. Insulting the Queen is unacceptable; and can be considered griefing if it's too severe Talk to the player insulting the queen, telling them to cut it out and apply a note. If they do not, apply sufficient punishment.
    Last edited by Novacti; 11-19-2019 at 02:40 AM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @sargash;

I am usually on from 10PM-1/2AM, sometimes earlier in the day.

UTC +11
    Last edited by Novacti; 11-19-2019 at 02:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya answers to both the standard and Ventyas questions are good I wouldn't mind seeing ya get a shot at being a trial mod +1