User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emerald Blood - Developer Application (Spriter)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emerald Blood - Developer Application (Spriter)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    Emerald Blood

Age?
    Legal

Gender?
    Female

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Spriter

If Coder, what languages?
    C++ and Java mostly, some Python for fun.

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    Ya, I go to majority of the Dev meetings we have ever week and have made stuff for CM in the past. Jamie never goes to like any Dev meetings, maybe one if even.

Proof of any previous or current work:
    Frans has seen my work, it can be shown on request. Hell, it's been on the live server at one point.

How well do you know Git?
    Well enough because Jamie sent me a 704 page document on it so there's nothing I can't easily look up.

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    No

Anything else you'd like to add?
    Ya, if Jamie wants to overrule all the other heads on allowing me to make Dev work like it says in the staff COC and Dev COC (second of which is private to dev staff), then I'm just gonna make a normal application and when it gets accepted (Neth and Frans already approve of me) then Jamie can give me access.

Seriously, as Vice Host I'm treated with ZERO RESPECT from Jamie for all the work I do for this server. Jamie is gone 99% of the time and I'm doing everything he frankly should but yet I asked for the ability to have repo access to test the shit on working on for CM and I'm told no? Literally I am the ONLY SPRITER/DEV ON CM WITHOUT CODE ACCESS. Even the most basic level of dev positions are given it to work with but yet somehow I'm expected to do dev work without it?

Let me quote this excerpt from the COC that Jamie himself has updated. "The job of the Vice Host is the same as the Host. He has the same authority as the Host. He has the additional job of keeping the Host in check and ensuring the Host also follows the Code of Conduct." The current Host does NOT follow the COC and I guess he is above it while everyone else, players and staff, are bound to it. As Vice Host, and stated in COC itself I am bound to follow, I'd be neglicting my job if I did not inform everyone that the Host is not following the COC and is not in check. He ignores me and all the other heads at will but we are expected to follow his wishes. Jamie does no management or dev work at all and will only show up to arbitrarily block shit he "wasn't informed about" that we ATTEMPTED TO TALK TO HIM ABOUT AND HE DIDN'T EVEN READ.

Now let me say something nice about Jamie, and this is serious and not just sarcastic. Jamie does a great job at managing the technical issues. He has added some amazing tools to CM that help smooth things out and add a big QoL to the server and staff. With all of that said, he is not a good staff manager or server host. He completely neglects to do most things and when I try actually do shit while he isn't around, he comes in stamps me out while doing literally nothing else himself.

Why am I making this a dev app and not just some forum post? To show that I've already gotten the support of the Lead Spriter to make sprites, the Head Dev to work on projects, other devs to do stuff with me, yet Jamie somehow objects to this. To this day, I've been waiting over a month since all the heads (Jamie excluded) voted I could have access. Over this time I've attempted to ask Jamie for a reason literally 20+ times, that is not a joke. Almost every time was met by being completely ignored or given some joke/vague answer. To date the best answer is, "I (Jamie) do not believe access is a negotiable thing and refuse to change this viewpoint because I simply have faith it is the correct thing." Basically, he is saying that he isn't actually denying me access because all the other heads can't even ask for that in the first place. This isn't remotely true, the Head staff are just that, the Head Staff of the server. We are all in charge of running the server. While ultimately the Host is the final call, there is no, "unvoteable thing," to which we may not speak of. Jamie can overrule it if he wants to (which he techincally is with this issue) but he refuses to admit it or even give us a real reason that isn't just, "I don't want to." Mind you, the worst case for me getting access to the CM gitlab in the first place is that I leak the code or... make a bad merge request? Literally all I'm asking for is the basic level of dev access and there is almost nothing I could do to break the server with upon getting access. There is noting I could do with repo access that every other dev on staff couldn't do at any second. I can promise everyone one thing, as far as leaking the code goes why would I, the Vice Host who spent years working on this server, undermine all the work I've done all this time? I have no intent on ever leaking that even if I was to quit.

That's about all I have to say about all of this. This isn't a real dev app, simply just something to say what needs to be said. I have no intent on become a dev at this time or even retiring from CM as a whole. If I get fired for this, well it was an honor being part of CM all these years. I love CM and I love the (rather shitty) community and even though it's full of many retards, I'm glad I'm here to be a part of it. I say all of this because while I can put up with a lot of things, being suppressed from doing my very job is not one. While dev work is not the priority of Vice Host, there is no reason I should be forbidden to do something I have the right to do and I just want to do for fun. I'm also quite tired of Jamie suppressing me from trying to manage things and constantly jumping in for no reason. I'm given seemingly no trust as Vice Host and while I harbor no ill will to Jamie, we are friends and don't harass the guy or anything, seriously. As Host he is extremely lacking and while it's one thing to just not be doing your job, it's another to keep me from trying to pick up his slack because he wants to retain the ultimate authorirty on it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    based and redpilled good spriter +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1, you've got balls to post this, ill give you that

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    + 1, for what it's worth you put alot of effort into this community despite the nuclear attitude alot of people can have.

Donor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quote sleepy

Ceyella
    I support any mutiny on the grounds of Mutiny, +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was worth the 1:30AM ping.

Now we just gotta wait for Jamie to enter damage control mode

Whitelisted Predator SpartanBobby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I PM'd them and asked to see their sprites and they showed me their sprites and I liked their sprites so I like their app so I give the app a plus one
    !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1
    Seems reasonable to me.
    Emerald, make those drones a thing!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged