User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emerald Blood - Developer Application (Spriter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1
    Right mad lad saying things that need to be said, regardless of potential consequences.
    o7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bring back rahl

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels bad, but +1
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Blood View Post
    Ya, I go to majority of the Dev meetings we have ever week and have made stuff for CM in the past. Jamie never goes to like any Dev meetings, maybe one if even.
    I go when I'm able. I work every weekend with rare exceptions, most of the time if I can be present at all, it's usually for 5-10 minutes tops during a break. The same usually applies to townhalls.

Ya, if Jamie wants to overrule all the other heads-
    Having a vote on who gets specialized access to an area is a universally terrible idea.

on allowing me to make Dev work like it says in the staff COC and Dev COC (second of which is private to dev staff)
    Note that the Staff CoC makes no direct reference that the Vice-host should have code access. I never had edit privileges over the Dev CoC, it was purely written and coordinated by Deanthelis.

Seriously, as Vice Host I'm treated with ZERO RESPECT from Jamie for all the work I do for this server.
    I have only had a major hangup with anything you've done on two occasions. This issue, and when you wanted to fire a Manager without even speaking to them first, after deflecting me wanting to know if they were spoken with about the issue over the course of 3 hours.

Jamie is gone 99% of the time and I'm doing everything he frankly should
    I have asked you on several occasions to relax more and let other people handle things, you have refused. Particularly, I have asked you on many occasions to lay off the Head Dev and let them handle their area as you were stressing them out.

Literally I am the ONLY SPRITER/DEV ON CM WITHOUT CODE ACCESS.
    You started working on stuff out of the blue one day and got angry when you eventually asked me for git after having done it and I said no. You were not formally asked to do anything prior to that.

Even the most basic level of dev positions are given it to work with but yet somehow I'm expected to do dev work without it?
    You are not expected to do dev-work.

Let me quote this excerpt from the COC that Jamie himself has updated. "The job of the Vice Host is the same as the Host. He has the same authority as the Host. He has the additional job of keeping the Host in check and ensuring the Host also follows the Code of Conduct." The current Host does NOT follow the COC and I guess he is above it while everyone else, players and staff, are bound to it.
    I considered revising that portion at one point, but held the expectation that should I appoint a Vice-Host in the future, mutual agreement would win over a document and thus left it open. I was mistaken, apparently.

Jamie does no management or dev work at all and will only show up to arbitrarily block shit he "wasn't informed about" that we ATTEMPTED TO TALK TO HIM ABOUT AND HE DIDN'T EVEN READ.
    Attempting to talk to me about that particular issue was sent out while I was at work, and an agreement on the matter was made before I'd even gotten off work in voice chat, where the conversation was not visible to me. I did not assume the action that was chosen in that conversation was as serious as it actually became. Further, I did not block that action, I only requested that I should have been notified quicker than literally everyone else to have some additional warning. I voiced no objection at all to what happened there.

Jamie does a great job at managing the technical issues. He has added some amazing tools to CM that help smooth things out and add a big QoL to the server and staff. With all of that said, he is not a good staff manager or server host.
    The tools I created were made with the intention of having things be doable without my constant presence, and the staff structure kept in such a way where my work schedule hopefully wouldn't hold up average operations. The only time issues arise is when a large decision is made and I'm not at least made aware, or given enough time to chime in before drastic action is done.

He completely neglects to do most things and when I try actually do shit while he isn't around, he comes in stamps me out while doing literally nothing else himself.
    I try to relegate myself to tasks only capable of myself except where requested to chime in. If something doesn't require me, I try to stay out of the way, or give an opinion but leave the result open. However, when it comes to some permabans, or definitely any time a staff member is fired, I will usually have some kind of input.

Over this time I've attempted to ask Jamie for a reason literally 20+ times, that is not a joke. Almost every time was met by being completely ignored or given some joke/vague answer.
    I gave you an answer on October 7th, 2019, towards the start of when you had asked. You did not recognize it as a "valid" reason, despite that being my reason. Yet, continued to insist you hadn't gotten any answer and argued with me or tried to accuse me of personal bias any time I kept my prior stance.

To date the best answer is, "I (Jamie) do not believe access is a negotiable thing and refuse to change this viewpoint because I simply have faith it is the correct thing."
    This is not a precise quotation. What I had said was that I hold absolute authority over two areas without contest. Those are finances/legalities, and access to servers/code. I have half a decade of experience in the latter area, it is not a rodeo that I'm in any way new in handling.

he refuses to admit it or even give us a real reason that isn't just, "I don't want to."
    My primary original reasoning provided was that there was not enough purpose to grant the access. Even when offered a project that would justify it, you did not seem to want it.

As Host he is extremely lacking and while it's one thing to just not be doing your job, it's another to keep me from trying to pick up his slack because he wants to retain the ultimate authorirty on it.
    Yourself and the management have always had the authority to further delegate as you liked, including being free to make new positions under you within reason if you were overworked. Any of you can take a vacation at any time and specifically ask me to look over your areas. I try to stay out of the way of day-to-day operations because I understand what kind of influence my opinion might have, given my status, and only if I think it necessary do I actually try to go against the tide in any committed way. Most of the time, I'm trying to plan and guide things for the long term, while everyone else stays on the short term, as well as keeping up with tech duties. Let's not even mention the hours spent migrating the entire website over to a brand new box that I set up from scratch.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler: