User Tag List

Thread: Karmac - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Donor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karmac - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Karmac
    Character Name?
    Garth Pawolski
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    x31stOverlord
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    Halostation
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Halostation
    Reason for Ban
    Breaking Rule #13: Pinging staff for no reason other than to vent at being kicked for breaking rules.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    The exact logs of what I 'vented' were a ping in #shitposting to Sargash, stating 'unbased and unepic'. I can understand being given a warning for pinging staff, but I personally didn't feel it was necessary for something this meaningless to result in an immediate ban.

The reason I did so in the first place however is because I was displeased that Sargash had kicked me for a false reason from the discord moments prior. So while I can say I wasn't 'venting', I can't say I did not ping him because of it.

Overall I just don't feel my actions justified a ban, maybe I'm blind to the truth and deserve exactly what I got.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Server notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13. If you ping any roles or bother staff to troll/mess around, you will be instantly banned from the server, including #shitposting. Ping individuals rather than whole roles. Only Councils or Head Staff should ping whitelisted roles. Make sure staff members are cool with being pinged for off-topic stuff before doing so.

-1 I fail to see how what you were posting in general wasn't spam.or shitpost, but that's irrelevant since no one got a warning for that.
    I recommend you read the rules again. You've cared persistent issues in the past, and you're well aware of your actions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmac View Post
    Overall I just don't feel my actions justified a ban, maybe I'm blind to the truth and deserve exactly what I got. [/I][/INDENT]
    As Sargash pointed it out above, it was a rule 13 violation, that immediately results in a ban. Then again, I think we have that rule to sort out one-time griefers, rather than applying long-lasting bans for offenders, so I wouldn't mind yours getting lifted. +1

However, if you feel you were kicked/warned for the wrong reasons, you should contact Sargash's superior, rather than pinging him immediately. The latter comes off the wrong way, thus you got banned.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the 7th time you've been banned from Discord I believe. We have staff reports, managers, all this fancy stuff for a reason. You as a former staff member should know that.
    I was asked for my opinion, but I still give full authority to jaketeaking and his discord staff team to resolve this.

However I'll be quite frank, I'm tired of your revolving discord ban antics. I'm tired of your meme antics when you lay under the radar and come back again hoping no one will catch you (Blast Hardcheese incident.)

If you get unbanned, knock it the hell off.

Donor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand your concern, and I do realize I overreacted in the moment, the only reason I bothered immediately making this appeal however is because of all the bans I've recieved this one felt the least justified. I apologize for pinging Sargash, and I didn't do so with malicious intent, so I'd rather not have anyone make the mistake of believing this to be 'discord antics' or 'genuine shittery'.

It is on me that I failed to read the rules and understand this was not okay, but please don't use the fact I was a staff member over a year ago to tell me what I should and should not know. I'd been on hiatus from CM and the discord for some time, didn't re-check the rules and as a result didn't know I'd be banned for my actions. This was nothing more than a genuine mistake on my behalf, and that's really what I want to get across, rather than being seen through the tinted goggles of 'this is the usual karmac shittery'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a revolving door situation, karmac.

You get unbanned, do something silly, get banned, rinse and repeat.

7 times, you've been banned. If we keep just unbanning you, what's the point in banning you in the first place? you're clearly not getting the message
    that whatever you keep on doing, is not ok.

This appeal is denied, Please wait at least the 30 day limit, but i'd recommend more, you've gotta sit on this for a while.