Simon Bobrovski
    Their BYOND Key
    Ventyas
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    5:30PM CST Ish 19 november 2019
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    None
    Description of the incident
    Appealing the ban, not the actions of the staff member.
    Evidence
    On start as a CT, there were only 2 of us, and no RO. I was already getting requests from people for FOB supplies, and started putting them together. An officer from the CIC (don't know their name), came into the req area and was (I thought) helping. I cleared off the platform of supplies and tried to stamp all the items, and then went to make orders. As I was trying to make orders, I noticed they had spent a whole bunch of points, and I shooed them away from the console. I finished up my order, and lowered the platform.

That's what happened, and that's what I did. Turns out, there was a bunch of stuff that he and I ordered on the platform when I lowered it. I didn't know this was the case. I've been a CT a few times -about 4 or 5. I know enough of what I'm doing, and it wasn't even my first time that an RO didn't wake up for the job. I even asked an admin (Ventyas) if he could switch me to RO to fix the situation.

Never as a CT have I seen a CIC officer come in and make orders like that - I didn't know they COULD.

As for the accusation - empty boxes and donuts. The empty boxes were to salvage items from the squad REQs, the donuts I don't remember ordering. I asked what menu they were on but didn't get an answer. I was clicking very fast to get the boxes, and it was also my first time doing orders (only been a CT before).

In any case - I was being a CT so that I wouldn't have to pull a gun. I was trying to put together FOB orders, and didn't know that some GINORMOUS order was made by someone who isn't typically in the REQ area or a part of that whole process.
    How you would punish the accused
    No punishment, just hopefully repeal the ban.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the confusion but I thought you were arguing a jobban and not a 3 hour ban, you may continue this one

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll respond tomorrow as it's getting late here
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes

Twojoints notes

Spoiler Spoiler:

RO interaction

Spoiler Spoiler:

Supply order logs thanks to dubzor

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by starmute; 11-20-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so. I just want to explain you the reasoning that led me to the ban you received.

I received your first ahelp that the XO was doing your job, which is an IC issue as XO have the access to REQ.

Then I received your second ahelp where you told me you were BEd, where I told you that as a Whitelisted issue, a player report needed to be made on the Forum.

I received report from teh XO and CO that you had send the 300 points of supplies down intentionally which led to the new exchanges of ahelps.

At this point, I was a bit suspicious on how you could simply send down 300 points of supplies without knowing it but why not, I still trusted you.

I then received an ahelp of the XO telling me he fand the order of empty boxes and donuts that you confirmed. (I had no knowledge of other orders except for the surgical trays)

You told me that you didn't ordered the donuts and that the empty boxes where to scavenge supplies. However, each order comes with a crate so ordering empty crates is a loss of supplies.

Moreover, you told me you did not order the donuts when I had a supply manifest with your name on it and a log attesting the approval of such order

To order those you need to:

> Open ASRS console
    > Request Supplies
    > Supplies
    > Box of Donuts where you even get a supply manifest
    > Requested orders
    > Approve order where you can read what is to be accepted

Which can hardly be made on mistake.

So basically on the 400 points that REQ had, you loss 300 of supplies and wasted 60 of them on donuts and empty crates leading to a total of 40 points of usable supplies.

So I was at a point were:

- I had multiple reasons to think you may have wasted the supplies on purpose
    - You were openly denying requesting donuts when they are almost impossible to request by mistake
    - Admitted request empty crates that are a waste of points.
    - Had recent notes showing other griefing behaviors

which led me to the 3 hour ban that I placed
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading both the logs and each sides reasoning, I've come to the conclusion that Ventyas did not break any Staff Protocols (like you said in your report).

In addition, the ban was reasonable. Ventyas properly followed our ban time escalation chart, and what you did heavily hurt the marines for that round, requiring more supplies to be spawned in by Staff to compensate.

Resolved - No action taken.