Byond ID?
    Shadow7889

CM Character?
    Sloan ' Suicide ' Jackson

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20 or more.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Staffed on Hypatia server. Staffed on Aurora Server

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Aurora Station

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    I do not believe so.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Absolutely.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Let MP's do their jobs. If it's handled ICly and I don't get an ahelp, should be fine. If it happens again, it's bwoink time.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'm not entirely up to date on honor codes. If the predator is so bound by that code, I'd bowink them and ask them to keep to their code. After that, contact whoever's in charge of the whitelist for Preds.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Friendly bwoink. Ask them if they need some help. I believe mentors can help with this as well. Might direct one of them to assist the new dude.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Not my first rodeo there. Ask them to calm down with the attitude. If another admin is willing and able to take the ticket, I'd let them. Otherwise, the player can continue to work with me.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Bwoink the player under the name John Doe. Inform them that we're not allowed to have joke/ref names ICly any longer. Have them change the name by next round or apply a warning/ban.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Bwoink them. Ask them why they're running about armed on green. Deal with it accordingly.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Last I checked, survivors cannot be hostile towards marines. Bwoink the survivor player. tell them to turn their behavior around.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Bwoink the MP. Usually I'd consider that an IC issue but that seems excessive. Round killer for another marine. Get the details and sort the issue.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    QM directive. 4 aliens left. They can go to where the marines are and capture on the ship if need be. Delaying rounds is a poor idea.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ahelp another staff member to take care of it. I am involved in the issue, so I should not be taking the issue into my own hands.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EOG rules are clear. At round end it's not okay. Bwoink the marine, warn/ban them if needed.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Paralyze the marine. Bwoink them. Inform them this is not acceptable behavior on the server.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Punching someone isn't a good reason to escalate. Not to murder. Bwoink the marine that committed murder. Inform them this behavior isn't allowed. Warn/ban depending on notes.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Figure out the head of the mutiny. Use MOOC to hold the mutiny. If they have the numbers needed and agree to do it right, might let them continue. I'm not 100% sure on mutiny rules just yet, might ask for other staff help.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Inform the other players to dial it back.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Instant ban. He can appeal later.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Bwoink the player. Inform them not to feed. If they don't wish to play that role, ghost so someone else can.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Bwoink the alien. Inform them that insulting the Queen is not okay, nor is their LRP comments/actions. Warn if needed.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Xenos calling the Dropship an actual dropship is meta. Flying box, metal bird, those are okay. Bwoink the xeno, let them know they wouldn't know the actual name of marine items, DS included.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I don't believe Command would know it's Aliens right off the bat. Yes, they know about aliens, but that doesn't mean they'd know exactly why they're responding to the beacon. Bwoink the command player, inform them that this is meta.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Pods are three per. Rp reasons.. I think I would allow this. It's a dick move, but fear RP is all the same. I would also ask for help from other staff to reach a final verdict.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Mute their ability to use LOOC/dchat. Bwoink them. Ask them to stop one more time. If they continue further, ban them.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    If you're going to go SSD as a Marine, it should be done in a spot away from combat/issues. If it can't be helped, let them know to get shipside to have it removed.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Contact upper staff and give them information/details on the issue to be resolved. We aren't above the rules either.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Same as the previous question. Inform upper staff about this issue or file a staff complaint. Give all the details needed/on hand to help resolve the dispute.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Same reason I was a Mod/Admin on the other two servers. I can't throw money at this server for the joy and fun it provides. So the least I can do is give my time and help others.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience. It's a big deal.

Anything else you
    thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Shadow7889; 11-20-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This man reached out to me when I asked for volunteer mods. They have a long history on ss13. Staff on afew servers with similar roles. They've payed for a free months and have been a good fellow. In also satisfied with they're answers.

+1 also they play in the time period we are most lacking mods

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgive my formatting, I'm currently writing on my laptop.
    I have a couple things to say regarding a few of your answers before I give my verdict.

"You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Friendly bwoink. Ask them if they need some help. I believe mentors can help with this as well. Might direct one of them to assist the new dude."
    Mentors are unable to contact other players, and require said players to send an MHelp first.

"A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Not my first rodeo there. Ask them to calm down with the attitude. If another admin is willing and able to take the ticket, I'd let them. Otherwise, the player can continue to work with me."
    Unless you yourself do not believe you can continue to handle the aHelp you are not required to hand it over, a player does not have the right to decide who handles their aHelps.

"You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Bwoink them. Ask them why they're running about armed on green. Deal with it accordingly."
    This is an IC issue, it may be worth making sure they're not metagaming by stocking up gear somewhere, but generally speaking it is not an OOC rule break to be armed against code levels.

"A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Last I checked, survivors cannot be hostile towards marines. Bwoink the survivor player. tell them to turn their behavior around."
    Hypothetically, if we were not currently banning hostility as a survivor, how would you handle this?

"A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Xenos calling the Dropship an actual dropship is meta. Flying box, metal bird, those are okay. Bwoink the xeno, let them know they wouldn't know the actual name of marine items, DS included."

This is not metagaming, it is explicitly written in the rules that the xeno hivemind is a direct translation of their thoughts and they can therefore call it whatever they like.

"A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Mute their ability to use LOOC/dchat. Bwoink them. Ask them to stop one more time. If they continue further, ban them."
    While not explicitly forbidden in the circumstances, it is highly recommended you don't handle this yourself. If another staff member is available ask them to handle it.

"You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Contact upper staff and give them information/details on the issue to be resolved. We aren't above the rules either."

Give them a chance to correct their mistake. If they refuse to do so, talk with their manager.
    The same goes for the argument, talk to their respective manager(s).

Overall due to the inaccuracies within your answers I'm not going to be supporting your application at this time. I believe you could be a good moderator, but you are not yet ready for it.

Last edited by forest2001; 11-22-2019 at 01:23 AM.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many wrong answers for me to just pass it off. Re read the rules, go over other applications and put a bit more effort into your answers and you will be ready.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea just too many wrong answers for me to give a positive vote here but don't be dishearten like Acute said study the rules and take a gander at accepted apps and ya bound to get a shot at a trial but for now though -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your feedback. I'll be sure to familiarize myself more with the rules, as well as give more descriptive answers on my next application.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow7889 View Post
    Thank you all for your feedback. I'll be sure to familiarize myself more with the rules, as well as give more descriptive answers on my next application.
    Does this mean you are withdrawing your application for now, correct?
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given the feedback and suggestions from current staff, I think it's best I do for now.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application withdrawn by applicant.