Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MCDonald - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Shazem123

Player Name You Use Most?
    Winter 'Wolf' Graham

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    //showthrea...light=McDonald | Griefing (Sticky ban); Permanent ban

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Yes,i've received an ban for griefing but it was Sticky.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I view the Battlefield Execution as an way to deal with threats to Almayer,including myself,or any other crew that is assigned to USS Almayer. Like,an Doctor goes gunning marines in Medbay,MPs tries to arrest but get injured in the process.

Another thing that for me seens to be necessary BE,is an Squad Leader that insult his commander and command personnel.

For me,the difference between regular Execution and Battlefield is that regular execution is more for capital crimes like Desertion,Murder or Sedition. BE for me is more like an way to deal with threats for the Almayer,command or any other department and his crew.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Winter as the nickname says,she tries to be the guardian of her crew,like if the crew is in danger,the first thing she would try is to protect the crew,and them herself.

Winter in the round start tries to always give general orders,but in an simple way to the ship departments. She tries to not micromanage things in the ship,because she know that the RO,CMP,CE,and others,that they're here to manage their own departments,except if it is something special like send an Doctor to planetside to help marines. If it is some problem like lack of Engineering staff,Medical,Requisitions or Military,etc...she will just try to delegate that to the synthetic. If there isn't an synth,she will try to do it herself until theres someone to handle it.

If theres an insubordinate,she will try to do those things:

-RO is refusing to send supply to the marines.
    She will likely send an MP to deal with the situation. If this problem cant be solved,she will herself get to Cargo and deal this.
    -an Command Staff has no idea what to do in the chain of command.
    If the player is new,i will just try to send it to the wiki page via LOOC,or if necessary try to guide him. If he breaks an rule and tries to blame me,i will immediatly send an MP to deal with it.
    -Someone is trying to create RP with something that is wrong
    The player know the rules,isn't new and has experience with,i will just deal with it myself or call his attention to solve it. If he keeps with his RP,i will just send an MP to deal with it.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    For me,the job of an commander is to control the order of the Almayer,stop conflicts that can create large ones. Example:
    Squad Leader refuses to deploy due to an order that he didn't like,or he didn't recieve something like an attachment in Req line.
    in general,it is an job to keep the coordination of the Command,solve problems,and lead marines to an victory.
    In OOC reason,commander is an job to keep the fun in the game,people dont play an game to keep 1 hour in jail being insulted or forced to fill an department that has lack of personnel,like Requisitions,Medical or Engineering.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I think an place to overwatch the squads in the central instead of going to an Staff Officer console would be better. Or something that counts how many marines are alive or xenos.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    In not someone that forces another to an hard order,like an new player that doesn't knows where X point on the X map is and got to the wrong place and died in it. I think that would help the new player learn the mechanics of the game and on future be an whitelisted too.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Born in 2154,on Canada,from an German father and an English mother,she grew up with the tales that his father said to her about how amazing USCM and how was his missions when he was enlisted in USCM.

In 2173,she enlisted to the USCM to try to make the world an better place,and help her familiy with the bills. She got assigned to the USS Hercules.

Still in 2173,USS Hercules has been assigned to the Operation Tiger Hammer on the planet
    YDS-415,that has the help of the USS Galand. Winter was in the Phantom Squad as an normal Private First Class,and her squad scored the highest number of casualties. She got shoot in arm by an High Impact sniper bullet,the medics tried to do everything they could,but she got in critical state and got evacuated to the USS Hercules. The doctors said she had to be at least 2 months without getting to battle.
    The operation has an disaster and the two ships had to leave orbit.

In 2174,USS Hercules was again assigned to an operation on the planet UPP planet ZDS-641,but they were leading an counter attack. The ship USS Genovah has arealdy landed on the planet,but had to retreat to orbit due to mass casualties. Now,she was assigned to the Echo Squad. When they were leaving,their dropship was hit by an missile that hit the engine,they had to make an emergency landing over an jungle. When they landed,they got wounded and the pilots and the Squad Leader were dead. Winter has been assigned to an alternative Squad Leader,she had to think about what to do in that situation. She remembered when her father said:
    "It is better act first,them think."

Luckily,the Telecommunicator was still functional,she called for help and they said they were sending an rescue squad. But the rescue squad was arriving in at least 1 week.
    They decided to leave the Dropship and investigate around.They found an UPP outpost,they decided to assault it and at least got ammo,food and other supplies.
    After 1 week,the rescue squad finally arrived,the Phantom Squad Lieutenant was surprised
    that they survived all that.

In 2181,she was promoted to Squad Leader of the Phantom Squad,due to the success they did on the ZDS-641. USS Hercules was again assigned to another Operation,but this time they were investigating an unknown signal launched from the planet JHB-515,an Weyland-Yutani colony. When they landed,they saw that UPP attacked the planet due to the gold reserves on it. They were charging the UPP main base at the colony,the squad Private First Class Hermann 'Paste' Friederich was in danger,she got in front of the gun burst and got shoot on the left leg. She was immediately evacuated to the USS Hercules and got the bullet removed. After the mission,Winter recieved the nickname "Wolf" due to her guardianship and got promoted to Lieutenant.

In 2185,the USS Hercules has lack of manpower but had to respond to an emergency distress signal at the planet moon JQW-441. She was assigned to overwatch the Echo Squad. This time,CLF attacked the colony due to an important member of the CLF. They got many casualties and had to send an signal to the nearby vessel USS Almayer for help.
    When she got in Almayer,she had to encounter the USS Almayer Captain,he saw that the bravery and guardian ship of Winter was worth of an promotion. He offered the post of Commander and was transferred the USS Almayer.

Still in 2185,she got full control of an attack at the planet YDS-782. The attack was an success and the Captain said to her:

"You're worthy of being an Commander."

Two years after that,the Captain recommended an promotion to Commander Winter Graham to Captain.

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that familiar name that rings the bell for the low pop (4~10 PM on GMT+10) player. Can you tell us your timezone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuliy View Post
    Not that familiar name that rings the bell for the low pop (4~10 PM on GMT+10) player. Can you tell us your timezone?
    BRT. In from Brazil.
    Last edited by MCDonald; 11-21-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sure about this, friend?

"Another thing that for me seens to be necessary BE,is an Squad Leader that insult his commander and command personnel."

Edited: Yeah no -1
    Last edited by ChengChan; 11-23-2019 at 01:17 AM.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not up to par at all. The grammar is terrible, the answers extremely lackluster, and I don't recognise you at all.

Cheng brings up one poor aspect of your BE response, but the worst part is you implying a BE could apply to yourself as CO...Why would you be a threat to the alamayer? You are held to higher RP standards, suicide is against server rules, so I truly don't know why you said that but it conveys little understanding of the role. The other BE answers are worrisome as well, and the trust that a player won't abuse the BE is very important for this WL.

Please look at accepted/denied apps, ask for help in the discord, and read up rules/marine law.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i made this app so rushed and i had no idea what to write in. Also in brazillian and not too expert at english.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent seen you around at all lately and have never really seen you in command, your application isnt stellar.

I advise you play alot this month and apply in december.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're going to apply for a role that has a minimum requirement of effort, at least put some effort into the application.

Your answers are dissatisfactory and unkempt.

You may PM/discord a whitelisted CO member/whitelist maintainer for more assistance.

-1 from me

Regards,
    -BLUEFOR
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post

This is not up to par at all. The grammar is terrible, the answers extremely lackluster, and I don't recognise you at all.

Cheng brings up one poor aspect of your BE response, but the worst part is you implying a BE could apply to yourself as CO...Why would you be a threat to the alamayer? You are held to higher RP standards, suicide is against server rules, so I truly don't know why you said that but it conveys little understanding of the role. The other BE answers are worrisome as well, and the trust that a player won't abuse the BE is very important for this WL.

Please look at accepted/denied apps, ask for help in the discord, and read up rules/marine law.
    I've writed it wrong,wasn't to put it myself as an threat...

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having a good grasp of the English language is an absolute requirement for the CO, which is a communication-centric role. Furthermore, the style of leadership you display is in all aspects heavy-handed and despotic, or entirely arbitrary.

Regardless of in-game experience, you need a better understanding of the more abstract parts of playing a command role and more practice writing in a coherent and grammatically correct manner.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.