Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edgardo - Moderator Application

Moderator Application

Personal Information

Byond ID?
    edgardo1

CM Character?
    Alyx Einzbern (Marine) Lurk'tar H'chak (Yautja)

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT -4

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    over 10+

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I used to be an admin in a Counter Strike 1.6 server by 2016 ( It doesn't exist anymore)

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I used to play in paradise some time ago before I left the server, but now I only play in CM.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    //showthrea...er-Application (Captain Application= Accepted)
    //showthrea...or-Application (Predator Application= Accepted)

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    I got banned for 24 hours once, there’s also two bans over 3 hours for pretty much a retarded attitude I used to have some time ago.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Since I barely play any other server I would say I don’t have any ban.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yeah, I Like Teamwork and I’m willing to communicate with the staff in anything I/they need.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Since the majority of these cases are due missclick Firstly I would indagate in the problem by asking the accused his reasons to attack the victim, if the cause of the attack was a Miss click I would tell him to be more careful when wielding a weapon while in a group of marines or at briefing, If that miss click killed the affected I would Aheal him and leave a small note in his history. If the attack was completely intentional I would ask each party involved their side of the case as well I would look in the accused notes for similar notes. In the case this is the first time this happens I would leave a Note and warm him to do not attempt it again, If they have similar notes I would Apply a Ban depending on the escalation and the amount of injured that were caused.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would ask him what the exact problem was and since unfortunely the council needs to deeply investigate the rule break, I’ll would inform him that any predator-related law break must be reported in the forum and has a mod I can only provide any information that can help him with the report Like (Pred name, Ckey, ETC.).

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Seems a New player for me ,So I would inform the mentors about him, in the case there’s no mentors online or they can’t assist him at that moment I would PM him the Wiki Startup Guide and assist him in anything he needs, If he wants some tips or macros I would send them for him.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would remain professional and tell him to calm down and tell me in a more pacific way what’s the matter and why he desires to talk with a higher staff, If he keeps insulting and undermining my authority I would warm him a second time and inform him that if he continues I would apply a note in his account.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would Bwoink him informing the rule break and I would change his name to any of they choose, I would point the rule page too since most of the time new players doesn’t read the rules and this kind of problem happens. If he have more related notes I would apply a small ban

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I do not need to do anything related to this since this is an IC Issue and must be resolved by the MP Force

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Due the recent changes regarding Survivor RP being a hostile is no longer an option I would Bwoink the survivor in question, informing him about the recent change and warm him about what he did wrong though since is a recent change I would link the document about the changes and tell them to read it, I would apply a note regarding the issue, as well I would Aheal the marine that got killed.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I’m not really great at ML but with my Basic Knowledge of it I can say this is an extreme punishment, So I would PM the MP in question and ask him the exact reasons why he is performing this, as well I would PM the accuser and ask him an extensive explanation of what he did, I also would ask assistance for any staff or player that have a better knowledge in ML, Depending on the charges and the exact reasons of the arrest I would apply a note on the MP for not properly reinforcing the Marine law, In the case he have more notes related to this I would apply a Job ban.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Most of the time this means the aliens are delaying, and the marines are mostly going alone or moving in really small groups, I would announce a QM message informing the aliens that they must attack non-stop the marines has a vengeance for their fallen hive.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would ahelp the situation like any other player, has Moderators or any Staff-Role we can’t handle our own problems

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I’ll Inform he CLF that hostile factions doesn’t count for the EORG

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    In my Point of View this would break Rule 3, so I would PM the accused and ask him to stop doing it, in the case he doesn’t stop doing it I would apply a Note or a ban depending on his notes history.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    This clearly breaks Rule 4, First of all I aheal the affected & asleep the accused then I will would warm him about how does the Escalation works, I’ll apply a Note, in the case they already have several notes (Recent Ones) related to this situation I would apply a ban.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I Send an OOC message telling everyone involved to cut it out and that anyone that kills or attacks the command staff will get noted and banned, as well I would ask for help from other staff in Discord .

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Minor racists should’ve stay has IC issue and shouldn’t be noted or banned, though I probably would ask him to tone the racism a bit, just in case.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Griefing on his best exponent (Besides OB) I’ll apply a 7 days bans and fill for perma, as well I Aheal all the affected.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would Bwoink the Larvae, and Would look on his playtime, most of the time newest players are caught in the middle of the frontline while exploring the map has larvae, if they’re new has xenos I would warn them about this and tell them they must be careful in the future, if they have a story for this I would apply a note or a jobban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    This breaks Rule 02, I would PM the Xenomorph and ask them to stop performing this actions, if he keeps doing it I’ll apply a note or ban if he have several notes regarding this.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I tell them that this doesn’t break any rule and is simple an IC Issue since The hive mind is just a translation of English.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I’ll PM the Command staff and tell him since our RP standard start got changed ,we only know about Xenomorph Existence not that we know that there’s xenos in the planet, I warm him and note him, and in the case there’s notes related to this situation I would apply a Small ban After the round ends.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Though This is clearly a Griefing attempt, If we think a bit of it, we can say that after crash most of the marines can get affected due xenomorph contact, and attempting to save yourself from the death or worst against a threat like xenomorph can be justified, BUT, if it wasn’t a well performed RP I would look into I, warm the accused & apply a note IF needed.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I do not really know what to do regarding this issue besides applying a note or ban regarding of how many time he keeps doing this, so I would ask for advice with other staff.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would answer him that unfortunely I can’t do anything for him since his an IC Issue

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I aboard him and tell him what information was wrong, in the other case I’ll talk with a head or a higher rank

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I’ll ask help from a higher rank

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    People has been trying to convince me to do it and well I’m quite interestest on it, so why not?

I do not lose anything for applying

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Professionalism and how you treat your players, I think we must treat everyone the best we can.

Aswell a Mod needs to have a heart of steal for bans & must know that his CM-friends can't be granted "special" permissions

Anything else you
    Well I want to be plain with you all so I will post my notes so you can judge how I am and how I was.
    Keep In mind I left CM due IRL problems and came back at the start of October

Warned for some sketchy dialogue; 'I want to eat a big cock' | Thu, June 22nd of 2017

Warned for netspeak in character and asking for people to suck his dick at the same time. 'can alpha pls suck my dick' | Sat, July 1st of 2017

Banned |Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: Was talking about "big alien dicks" again, banned for three hours. DEAD: Jeff 'Axe' Jenkins says, "hey i got killed by a bick alien COCK , HEY I GOT KILLED BY A QC OVERDOSE REEEEE" | Wed, July 12th of 2017

Warned for breaking naming rules, "Jaina Proudmoore" | Fri, July 14th of 2017

Job Ban: Medic, SSD at round start as medic | Mon, July 24th of 2017

Banned from Squad Medic - SSD at round start as medic. | Mon, July 24th of 2017

Unjobbanned as he provided a legitimate reason for his SSDness, if it happens again punsih as needed. | Wed, July 26th of 2017

Banned from Squad Medic - Ghosted and logged out as squad medic at round start. | Fri, August 4th of 2017

Warned for fighting in a wheelchair. | Thu, September 14th of 2017

Warned: WE GOT ONE OF THOSE JEWISHOST' as a runner. | Sat, October 14th of 2017

Squad Medic Jobban lifted - http://www.colonial-marines.com/view...p?f=76&t=17163 | Mon, May 14th of 2018

Warned for buckshotting someone by accident. They were putting their shotgun into suit storage and click on someone by accident. | Sat, May 19th of 2018

Banned |Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: 18+ violation, said they wanted to be raped by Ninja in deadchat. | Mon, July 9th of 2018

Anaesthetising marines in medical near roundstart. Warned not to do so except in very serious life-or-death situations. | Fri, August 17th of 2018

Fed a player mindbreaker toxin, warned them and they understood the issue. | Wed, August 29th of 2018

Positive note - player has been very considerate and helpful towards new players, helping them through LOOC and ahelping for mentors to guide them. Also ahelps offenses he witnesses regularly. | Mon, September 3rd of 2018

Warned for LRP and OOC in IC made a queen announcement that said "Zane is gay" refering to a former staff member and player. Next LRP offence should be a day ban. | Wed, September 12th of 2018

Banned |Duration: 1440 minutes|Reason: Tried to RP as Oddie from garfield, had previous LRP notes. | Fri, September 14th of 2018

Warned for bug abuse, Making another marine move at hyper speed even beyond the basic throwing mechanic. Was apologetic enough and said they would gitlab it | Thu, February 14th of 2019

I know My english isn't the best you will ever see from someone that doesn't have it has first lenguage, I'm practicing it each day I play here and in my normal studies, keep this in mind.

Since the ML got changed I've really blind with it, this is why I'm willing to play more MP roles and read the ML more lately.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers, gamer notes and a lovely person to interact with. I'd like you on the team.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew i would manage to harass you into applying eventually, a gamer +1
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty easy +1. Welcome aboard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't had that many interactions with ya but gauging from the other staff members that have voted on this app + ya good answers I say ya deserve a trial so have my +1

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've been here a long time, and your answers are acceptable.
    That said, over your years here you've managed to get repeated notes for the same stuff this year as you had been warned about before.
    I am pleased to see such a long time without notes however.

I will be supporting this application for that reason.

+1
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know English isn't his first language, but he's a long time reformed player. I can understand what he says 99% of the time. He doesn't really cause issues, so I say he should get a shot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed I wrote Interestest instead of interested sorry for that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My BR replacement on staff.

10/10 would +1

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted - Check your inbox in a bit for more info.