User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should we have the ability to mutiny queen?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 47.17%
  • No

28 52.83%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Queen's should be able to be mutinied(forced ghosted)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Queen's should be able to be mutinied(forced ghosted)

As the title says a queen should be able to be forced mutinied to and forced to ghosted. The reason is there sometimes really new or really bad queens that really ruin the round for xenos.

How it would work?

To mutiny the queen you need 70% or more alien support to mutiny queen then she is warned she will be ghosted and admins will ask who wants to be queen, this is to prevent making votes on ancient larva 123 becoming queen because they are a meta buddy to everyone. To be able to have a vote you must do the following...

Ahelp that you want to mutiny the queen and what is the reason with 4 other xenos vouching for the mutiny.

The reason must be that queen is ultra LRP(netspeaks constantly in chat and such or non-English speaker), a complete noob(cant ovi cant do talk cant even walk), griefing the aliens(cursing everyone and their sister out), or horrible horrible plans(hiving in marshall on big red) though with horrible plans the aliens must have warned the queen it a horrible idea beforehand. Once you give the reason an announcement of a hive overthrow will occur and hive sisters will vote on the queen, takes max 2 minutes for voting to be finished

Idea is to at least clean up some of the really REALLY bad queens. If you got some support you should be hard to vote out due to the 70% passing needed.

What your thoughts on this? What would you do?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't work.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have some sort of option for queens that are very bad, I mean if you can at least give people some hope it unlikly they will be voted out even if first time queen. Beside if you lose the support the aliens you lost anyway, might as well make it official with the overthrow

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really bad queen will get force ghosted by a mod/admin. i certainly would. I'd never give xenos this much power because they'd end up mutinying anyone who makes a mistake, thus never letting people new to queen learn
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to see beno world burn.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they are already working on time locks, we just gotta be patient.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No

If a queen is really bad, just adminhelp it. We do everything we can to help newer queens. You can't learn by being forced out of it.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    No

If a queen is really bad, just adminhelp it. We do everything we can to help newer queens. You can't learn by being forced out of it.
    I mean this not just a player trying queen and needing a helping hand, a lot of xeno players can at least respect it to a degree and let them stay. I am talking about a queen that can not even type in chat. I don't want a new player to CM or even SS13 playing queen and having no idea what they are doing getting killed because Urist McBaldie broke out of the nest and she cant deovi/fight to save their irl life.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only issue with this is that a lot of people would try to instigate a mutiny for no reason, simply because they didn't get Queen. And while those mutinies would inevitably fail, they would be really disruptive in the long run.

I think that newer Queens can be helped, but maybe we should ask completely new players (new to CM) to try something else. Maybe offer them a larva, and put someone else in the Queen. However, I wouldn't like this to be a trend, so this should be strictly an adminhelped, and not a player-induced action.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys let's take the role that routinely faces the most toxicity from the community and give the community an opportunity to shit on them and kick them out of their reindeer games because they're new or imperfect as queen, thereby making it harder for them to learn how to be good at queen

this idea is fucking terrible, and im not sure how you thought it was even worth merit