User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit enforcing rp on xenos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when I used to "REEEEEE" in hivemind before it was counted as LRP it wasn't a meme, I just felt it was the xeno version of of a hivemind growl/anger, I thought it was fitting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as “hydro” or “shuttle” are acceptable." - from Da Rules.

I think having a specific lingo for Xenos is kind of cool. It makes it more a-symmetrical and gives more distinction between the two sides, even if its not that apparent. Also I figure that Xeno-speak translation to English works kind of like how the original Bible translations out of Greek worked, where the translation would be the literal Greek phrase is used rather than the meaning of that phrase even if it makes less sense. I do think that Xenos using the term OB is kind of lame but thats just a side note.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ThesoldierLLJK | Boomermad10/14/2019
    @here especially our xeno players spread the word. After last nights townhall there were many concerns from community members about the state of RP and xenomorph related LRP issues. If you’re a xeno player knock off the silly things such as talking about epic gamer moments, yeeting, etc... mods and admins will be cracking down on this, so I am giving you a fair warning. No more OOC/IC stuff as a xeno or LRP names, memeing with hive mind chat.

basically im saying we should rewind to before this

keep the stuff about lrp names and stuff, but the memeing and stuff in hivemind shouldnt be a problem imo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Everyone: RP has gone to shit on the server, staff please help
    Also everyone: STOP BWOINKING US FOR XENO LRP.
    Marine's RP has indeed gone to shit, but xeno has never meant to be the RP side. But right now, xeno LRP in hivemind (which is the only thing we want the ruling to be reverted, not swatiskas or stupid names) is being punished way more than marine LRP in their comms.

People complain about marine RP, because marine is the side that used to have RP enforcement, not xeno.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to say, a great memory of Xeno LRP of mine was when like, all xenos in hivemind would say "Quick Chat:" before their messages. It wasn't actually quicker though. It took even longer. But everyone just said Quick Chat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember marines saying 'Xenos mad' after killing xenos before the expected contact rp changes. As far as I know no one got punished for the obvious lrp/dchat baiting.

But xenos get punished for 'REE'. Like really? Saying an angry sound is worse than mocking dchat ICly.

If you want xeno rp standards make a wiki guide or something.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    I remember marines saying 'Xenos mad' after killing xenos before the expected contact rp changes. As far as I know no one got punished for the obvious lrp/dchat baiting.

But xenos get punished for 'REE'. Like really? Saying an angry sound is worse than mocking dchat ICly.

If you want xeno rp standards make a wiki guide or something.
    You know we could call benos "Xenos" before ever meeting one because "Xeno" literally means "Alien"? "Xenos Mad" is LRP in itself, "REEE" also, because who the fuck says that unironicaly in anger?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Xenos mad"

Meme made by zoomers for zoomers, people that use it unironically in Q4 2019 make me wheeze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hold on, what's wrong with calling each other retards

like do i have to say "My fellow reflection of the hive, it appears your connection to the great hivemind was disturbed, as I cannot help but notice that your actions betray an intelligence so undeveloped that I just cannot associate it with our noble hive. Mayhaps it would be best if you took a break from your actions for a moment and considered recalibrating your mental state and taking a different course of action now that even the goddamn queen told you three times to FUCKING STOP building layers of doors"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You know we could call benos "Xenos" before ever meeting one because "Xeno" literally means "Alien"? "Xenos Mad" is LRP in itself, "REEE" also, because who the fuck says that unironicaly in anger?
    My comment isn't about the xeno part. But yeah REE is still lrp, I just don't get why it's enforced and not 'xeno mad'.

Maybe if one marines said it you could call it a catchphrase but when multiple marines ends every kill with xenos mad it's lrp.

If xenos killed marines and said 'marines mad' they'd get a hard bwoink.