User Tag List

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit enforcing rp on xenos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see your point, I do not agree with it 100% but I can understand your point of view.

Personatly, I have no trouble with the REEEE that I find absolutly hilarious when placed correctly.
    However, svatiska and others are clearly a big no no for me.

Could we just agree to disagree on that and still have fun? Pretty please?

Also instead of Turtle, why not just call it "Metal Rollingboom".
    It rolls, it's in metal. And it got a huge boomspitter.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KuroNyra View Post
    I see your point, I do not agree with it 100% but I can understand your point of view.

Personatly, I have no trouble with the REEEE that I find absolutly hilarious when placed correctly.
    However, svatiska and others are clearly a big no no for me.

Could we just agree to disagree on that and still have fun? Pretty please?

Also instead of Turtle, why not just call it "Metal Rollingboom".
    It rolls, it's in metal. And it got a huge boomspitter.
    Ending in peace... Not very "benomain" trait. Good.

I'm more of a "extremes only" type of guy. Both svastika and hammer & sickle should be treated the same, either ban them all, or allow them all, but thread is not about it.

As long as xenos won't be reduced to OOC side, I'm all for "fun".

Call it as you wish, ignore benomains who will call you bad names for not writing the fastest possible word to describe anything.
    I'm NOT the one who want to ruin your fun. Benomains want.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way there is no conspiracy to remove all FUN from xenos.
    Mods/Admins shouldn't be bwoinking for someone using the tallhost/xeno terminology.
    All we ask is dont do the LRP stuff, that's it.

Just to remain transparent, here are some rulings I did as mod manager

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xenos dont OORAH yknow? i thought REEE was their equivalent moraleboosting shout

lol xenos going OORAH is more meme than them REEE-ing imo

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    By the way there is no conspiracy to remove all FUN from xenos.
    Mods/Admins shouldn't be bwoinking for someone using the tallhost/xeno terminology.
    All we ask is dont do the LRP stuff, that's it.
    Cool so we get the worst of both worlds. Cant meme and have fun and we have to listen to stupid little kid talk. Fun.

I cant enjoy roleplay when someone says "Oh no Bird landed at the LZ and lots of tall hosts in metal are coming out of it. Oh no they have spitter that's shoot metal. Whats the red dot on the ground, oh my god big boom everyone run. Mommy please save us." So MRP.

Then the classic, "Hey guys the marines are flanking from the west." Retard DU-243M "wHatS a maRInE?"

might as well replace the xenos with furries cause that's all I think of when I hear this dumb shit. So ya good luck ever getting me to feel MRP on xenos.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 11-28-2019 at 04:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I don't have a problem most of the xeno slang. Especially not a good REE of pain or triumph in Local Hiss, and refering to the potential hosts as "hosts." (Pitiful humans exist only as sex objects for our huggers.)

I definitely don't want to see it forced on anyone, but anyone making issues about xenos referencing "Rejoice! The Queen has commanded the metal bird to depart for the Hive in the sky" needs to get a life.

That said, if every idiot who responds to a command to sit still and brace for impact by trying to start a conga line got banned, I would shed exactly zero tears.

That's LRP and it's trying to grief inexperienced players into suicide, and it isn't even funny. It's a mean spirited, dead horse meme, and it needs to die.

Once the dropship departs for the ship xenos should, in whatever way they think will add to the round for their fellow xenos, be psyching themselves up for the final battle, not acting like a bunch of meth-addled toddlers.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoscythe View Post
    snip
    You have no idea what you are talking about. No one congas to kill newbies when the DS crashes. We did conga lines years before that bug ever entered the game. Its just a fun way to fuck around as xeno.

And you need to get a life, I can choose to think whatever I want and I think you sound fucking stupid with little kid speech.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stop trying to force fucking roleplay on a side that literally has no roleplay to do what do you want xenos to fucking do like you are literally turning them into some fucking cringey ass SJW furries or liberals its the most annoying shit. i dont wanna fucking see hivemind with cringey ass weird fucking xeno erp goping "MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY" like fuck off with that retarded ass shit brug you niggas are just making it 2000x worst. only thing people complained about was the EXTREME shitposting that would happen where people would call eachother by their ckeys as a xeno and thats it honestly

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi_Gzz View Post
    stop trying to force fucking roleplay on a side that literally has no roleplay to do what do you want xenos to fucking do like you are literally turning them into some fucking cringey ass SJW furries or liberals its the most annoying shit...
    But... But senpai! Benomains are literally "fucking cringey ass SJW furrie liberals" in the first place. What are we fighting in here is for things like: "Vore me MOMMY", or "Rush B, marines set OB here, Longstreet will drive away", or "g8 job with PWN'ing those rines lads" to never happen.

Admit. Admit that benos calling eachother "sisters" is a good RP and it always adds something for the benefit of beno community. Memes, Reeing and other shit doesn't. It harms them even more than simple benomain existance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tossing my two cents in here as a marine main that loves to RP:

I’ve recently been trying out xenos to get a better understanding of their abilities and limitations (forgive me CABAL, for I am no longer pure). In doing so I’ve ended up having some great RP experiences, notably when playing more “support” oriented castes.

Referring to fellow xenos in familial terms helps build a sense of camaraderie, which is important for a faction that is extremely teamwork-dependent when it comes to winning rounds (1v1 is a whole different issue). In contrast, some runner or lurker saying “brosky” repeatedly or getting my attention by saying “hey nigga” (both actual experiences in my few rounds so far) makes me cringe infinitely more than a larva calling the Queen “mommy.”

As for xeno slang, there is genuine fun to be had in the wordplay that it involves. I have been both impressed and amused with the creativity some xenos have shown in embracing and expanding upon the basic slang (i.e. calling a mag-harness gun a “sticky spitter,” referring to the t-com tower as “the tallhost’s hivemind node,” etc.). Intentionally refusing to do even the bare minimum indicates that one either has a complete lack of imagination, or a mindset that the game is only about padding one’s K/D or win-rate. I especially pity players with that kind of mindset because at its core, CM is just not that kind of game.

I don’t expect the majority of xeno players to RP on the level that those of us who enjoy RP do. However, I do expect that those who don’t RP don’t actively undermine our own experience. This is the same minimum that I would ask for from marine players. Do your unga dunga to your heart’s content, just don’t rub it in our faces.

Ultimately, we must accept that CM has two primary gameplay experiences: combat and roleplay. Rules need to be enforced to ensure that both experiences are not ruined by bad actors. As strange as it might seem, it would be hypocritical if players were punished for disrupting the combat experience (i.e. a hivelord walling off two T3s to get them killed, a CMO not doing any surgery and instead injects marines with ultrazine, etc.) but went unpunished for disrupting the roleplay experience. There will always be a tension between these two experiences, but that does not justify discarding one in favor of the other.

As an aside: If anyone still insists on the ridiculous notion that there is no xeno RP, I will gladly share a few of the numerous RP experiences that I have enjoyed while playing xeno for less than a week. Insisting that something doesn’t exist is pathetic if you don’t even try looking for it.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.