User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit enforcing rp on xenos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anything wrong with a conga line? Sure it's not lore friendly, but I'd take player experience > lore anyway.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justicer3792 View Post
    Is there anything wrong with a conga line? Sure it's not lore friendly, but I'd take player experience > lore anyway.
    Is there anything wrong with naming some marine Adolf Hitler, or create swastikas out of eggs? Sure it's not lore friendly, but I'd take player experience > lore anyway.

It's not about the lore, it's about being literally stupid and very very low RP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afaik, a conga line DNE being a Hitlerite, is temporary, and doesn't fuck with Marines. It's a positive moment that would literally never happen if it wasn't a rulebreak.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justicer3792 View Post
    Afaik, a conga line DNE being a Hitlerite, is temporary, and doesn't fuck with Marines. It's a positive moment that would literally never happen if it wasn't a rulebreak.
    Low RP = Low RP
    Conga line = Low RP

All I have to add at this moment.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally conga lines are not punished, but you might get an angry queen mother message. But if people keep doing it after Queen or QM tells them to stop, expect a BWOINK

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Generally conga lines are not punished, but you might get an angry queen mother message. But if people keep doing it after Queen or QM tells them to stop, expect a BWOINK
    You just opened the flood gates cause now im congaing every time until qM tells me to stop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally I just lurk on the forums but having been here for a long time (join date on forums nonwithstanding) and played both Marine and Xeno very extensively I thought I should give my two cents. From what I've seen it seems like Xenos are held to a much higher standard than Marines when it comes to RP. If I'm being totally honest the 'retarded conscripts' and 'space zoomers' argument really doesn't fit from an RP standpoint. They're still marines, they still have a military mindset and training, I mean if you've watched the movies these are still hardcore men put in a mindset and given weapons to kill. Even if they're conscripts, they're still adults, and should act like them... that being said, if we're not going to hold Marines to those standards, then the Xenos shouldn't be held to those standards either. Like, seriously, I have seen a metric fuckton of fuckery on the Marine side to the point where it's not even funny anymore, i.e. grenade launchers being labelled 'VIBE CHECK,' people dancing in briefing and constantly spouting memes, it just seems to be the general state of affairs and I'm fine with that even though I like my RP sometimes. I just think that Xenos shouldn't be held in such a high standard and constantly harassed for saying shit like 'REEE,' and so on, if the Marines are allowed to get away with fucking murder in that regard. I've seen both of these things firsthand because I've had quite a large amount of hours as both marine and a decent amount as xeno. Not really gonna get into a debate about it here, and just gonna dump my two cents to add to this discussion.
    Joined the fight November 2015

A strange voice says 'F@c3 m3 1n m0rt@1 c0mb@t'.
    PFC Charles 'Ajax' Hayes says, "Nah."

Long time CM and forum lurker, change character names and appearances as often as putting on a new pair of socks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine thinking "roleplaying" as a Xeno is even possible given that Xenos have nothing to roleplay about and are given the exact same scenario round after round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourkhan View Post
    Imagine thinking "roleplaying" as a Xeno is even possible given that Xenos have nothing to roleplay about and are given the exact same scenario round after round.
    Example: A drone and I (a sentinel) are on secure nest duty. There are the normal issues to be dealt with as capture guards: several marines make break-out attempts. During this time, the drone and I end up creating a "lullaby" to attempt to calm the obviously distressed tallhosts. We had fun coming up with appropriate xeno lyrics, and I would hiss them to the tallhosts until I had to re-secure them or they burst.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the recent tightening of roleplay standards for xenos in the past month has been pretty unnecessary and ill-handled. I'll start by saying I believe Soldier's intentions are pure, but I don't think that the people who complained about it in town hall were thinking about xeno LRP in the same way staff has been interpreting xeno LRP recently. More or less, I think what the town hall criers interpreted as LRP were xenos breaking the façade of being a xenomorph to spout crude and spergy shit (i.e, being rude, inflammatory, and mean) through in game ways like vulgar identifiers, offensive structures, or using terms like faggot, retard, etc. and what staff has decided to interpret as LRP is all these things and some go as far as to include things that xenomorphs would not "realistically" say/do like innocuous memes and fun shenanigans like saying F in hivemind or conga lines. Now, I think we should attack the former behavior and leave the latter alone since it is, for all intents and purposes, good fun and not mean spirited; however, most importantly, I think we should just drop the concept of it being 'LRP' for xenos to be assholes and just adopt a server-wide policy for no asshole behavior. Marines have gotten away with this kind of behavior for a very long time, because if I punch someone and call them a retarded faggot as a marine, I most likely won't receive a bwoink for it because it's just 'IC' but if I were to call someone a retarded faggot as a xenomorph, I'd likely get slapped with a warning for LRP behavior.

It just doesn't make sense because a lot of the staff's interactions feel more along the lines of, "You've said something that was inflammatory or mean and you need to stop or there will be consequences." versus "You've done something that's uncharacteristic of a xenomorph and you need to stop or there will be consequences." and honestly, as before, I'm fine with staff confronting people about the former but the latter is sort of hard to take seriously when you approach someone about it directly because it just feels silly.
    Last edited by Corocan; 12-03-2019 at 08:20 AM.