User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit enforcing rp on xenos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourkhan View Post
    Imagine thinking "roleplaying" as a Xeno is even possible given that Xenos have nothing to roleplay about and are given the exact same scenario round after round.
    Which just goes to show why holding them to such high standards is silly to begin with, not sure if you're trying to help prove my point, but it did anyways lol
    Joined the fight November 2015

A strange voice says 'F@c3 m3 1n m0rt@1 c0mb@t'.
    PFC Charles 'Ajax' Hayes says, "Nah."

Long time CM and forum lurker, change character names and appearances as often as putting on a new pair of socks.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so I think I figured out what the problem is. Staff is lumping TOXIC behavior into the category of "roleplay". I think we can all agree toxic behavior is bad. But xenos don't roleplay. Like I said at the very start, you just mechanically playing the game as a xeno is doing all the roleplay you need to do. Capture marines, kill marines, that is xeno roleplay.

We really need to separate the terms toxic and lrp, they are 2 different things and I think that's why we are all arguing right now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play xeno for long enough and you'll get sick of the constant terms that just makes them look like furries.

If a predator uses the term "rifle" or "spitter", the other clacks that hear it over the radio will straight up understand what they mean, no problem. But xenos just go "Dude, runner 69 is talking weird shit, queen mother should smite 'em"

Headhunter is the best term right now imo. Just give a daily reminder for a few weeks/months that human words are allowed in the xeno vocabulary, or for long term, add some flavor text when you spawn saying something along the lines of "Your language is an english translation of a Xeno's thoughts. Terms such as Tank, Marine, Mortar or OB are completely acceptable".

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeether View Post
    Play xeno for long enough and you'll get sick of the constant terms that just makes them look like furries.

If a predator uses the term "rifle" or "spitter", the other clacks that hear it over the radio will straight up understand what they mean, no problem. But xenos just go "Dude, runner 69 is talking weird shit, queen mother should smite 'em"

Headhunter is the best term right now imo. Just give a daily reminder for a few weeks/months that human words are allowed in the xeno vocabulary, or for long term, add some flavor text when you spawn saying something along the lines of "Your language is an english translation of a Xeno's thoughts. Terms such as Tank, Marine, Mortar or OB are completely acceptable".
    Fun Fact: You are not forced to use any terms and you can use 100% Powergaming OOC terms with no punishment. However talking shit about neat beno terms that add flavour to flavourless benos gives you Big Gay and you are Furry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I'm saying. Its unreasonable to hold xenos to such a high standard when there's essentially nothing for them to do that would have them live up to those standards.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourkhan View Post
    That's what I'm saying. Its unreasonable to hold xenos to such a high standard when there's essentially nothing for them to do that would have them live up to those standards.
    Do not meme = High RP standard.

Is that official Dev Statement?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't understand why RP is enforced on xenos when its not enforced on marines. Marines meme and do dumb shit 24/7 so why cant xenos.

Every time I get in discord I see survivors talking about memeing and killing xenos. The entire game has been changed in the last year to the point where xenos are a joke and there is no roleplay anywhere. Imagine being a fucking survivor and going out to hunt xenos because xenos aren't a fucking threat anymore. Its not just the RP rules the entire game has gone to shit. Its just a team death match with 50/50 balancing with an aliens theme. If there weren't xeno morphs in the game this wouldn't resemble the aliens lore at all.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benos are just stale at this point. Tell admemes to enforce NO MEME to both benos and Marines, add new gamemodes that can run themselfs (HvH, Zombies, etc) and then 1/10 rounds can be thanos benos where beno requires only a finger snap to kill half of the squad. This will be healthy to community and server itself.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Benos are just stale at this point. Tell admemes to enforce NO MEME to both benos and Marines, add new gamemodes that can run themselfs (HvH, Zombies, etc) and then 1/10 rounds can be thanos benos where beno requires only a finger snap to kill half of the squad. This will be healthy to community and server itself.
    no one wants easy wins. The dev team has literally been giant hypocrits between marines and xenos for a long time. Marines bitch about xeno stuns so they nerf all xenos stuns. Then they add more and better stuns for marines to use on xenos. Marines bitch about taking a long time to heal, so they make pain and injuries do nothing. Then they add armor and make xenos lay around for 20 minutes doing nothing. Marines bitch about getting removed from round, so they make it easier to revive and remove all perma death. Then they make it where xenos fucking die constantly and add multilarva and 50 million round start larva. Its just completely fucking stupid and makes the game unfun for xenos. Everyone knows im a super salty sweaty xeno main and even I play marine more than xeno now because xeno is not fun.

and now the point of the thread, lets enforce rp on xenos who literally have no fucking rp and not enforce it on marines. Ya makes a lot of sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines don't draw swastikas out of crayon or have 'CUM' or 'RAP3' or the like in their names, nor do they write that stuff out anywhere. If they do, they get bwoinked.

I'm willing to concede Marine RP rules could probably use an update; however, comparing the restrictions that we're placing on xenos to what we have on marines is simply worthless, because they're generally not comparable whatsoever. That's some serious apples to oranges right there.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.