Byond ID?
    Lunessia

CM Character?
    Alex "Bunny" Maovi/Leuvia Maovi

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Central

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    5-10 and maybe more

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I am a senior moderator of a Barotrauma server, I was admin on too many Garry's mod server's to remember of the top of my head, but most of them disbanded. This included a few Star Wars Roleplay servers and Resident Evil 4.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I play NSV13, Lebensraum even though the community is eh, RussStation, MoonMoonStation

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    None.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    I am a Senior Moderator on Smoothtrauma, a modded Barotrauma server.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    I got banned from a discord server for posting images in general, and another discord server for political discourse in a political discourse channel.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    This is a breach of Rule 17, Use of Lethal force. What I would do is I would check the player's warn history. If they do not have a warn history, I would message them about this to see if it was an accident or anything, and possibly warn them for the behavior and let the MP's take care of the rest. If the player continues to break rules I'd consider a kick or ban.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I arguably don't have any power over the specifics of whitelist roles. Ask the player to make a report on this forum about the incident.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would probably communicate with a Mentor about it. If Mentors are not available, I would probably message them asking them if they need help, and if they do, help out.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    This is relatively minor to me of a rulebreak unless they are actually dropping slurs. I would probably ask an Admin+ about it and tell them that such is happening.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would message the marine about it explaining that their name is not acceptable, and ask them what they would like it changed to instead, or if they need help with finding an acceptable name.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Leave it. They are a technical USCM employee, after all.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Because of the new rules, survivors can't be hostile. This would break rule 17 right now. In normal circumstances, after a review of the logs, this would be acceptable if they survivor did not visibly change sides.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    MP's cannot permanently confine someone because they've trespassed into an area to steal an attachment. I would investigate the case with the MP as well. If I understand this correctly, the MP decided to give the maximum punishment for each crime, but this still breaks Marine Law because A. The CMP or CO did not give permission for this and B. The crimes have to EXCEED 60 minutes. Ask the MP to reduce the punishment down.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would probably try to increase the population of one of the sides to get them to attack.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    This would be griefing. I would ask them if they understand medical, and I would warn them about it if it comes to it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    This is fine.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This is griefing, I would warn them about it and let the MP's handle it.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    A fist fight does not escalate into a gun fight. Investigate if this is actually the case, then warn them if it is.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would OOC that out to tell them all that they need to Ahelp the mutiny before doing it. If they go through with it, and not because of negligence. I'd give out kicks or maybe bans.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Depending on the context of the racist comments, I'd probably let it slide. If it was directed towards someone, then it'd be a problem under rule two.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I'd give a 2 hour ban out, and ask the admins if they should receive a Pban

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'd ask them if they understand Xenomorph at all, and attempt to help them out. This is arguably griefing, but this is an iffy one.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Insulting the queen technically breaks the Roleplay rule. Under Feweh's post on Stronger Enforcement of XENO RP, I would warn them, and then ban them if it continues.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    This is fine.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Under the new Expected Contact RP, this is fine.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    From what I understand about Evac pods, this is not "Saving himself". An evac pod has 3 cryo pods, and even if they don't get in a cryo pod, they still get the "You escaped!" greentext. Soft warning about it.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Calmly ask them to stop, as it is breaking the "Asshole" rule. Also consider consulting other staff members about it.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Honestly, it was the player's fault. Calmly explain that I cannot do anything about it unless it was actually because of the server latency. This is to fair to the Xenomorph team.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Consult with the admin about and correct them non-aggressively, then consult with the player apologizing for the inconvenience and give them a new punishment based on correct information or remove the punishment altogether. If they are higher on the ladder than me, I would consult them outside the game about their reasoning.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Because this is about subjection, I'd probably take a vote between all the staff members whether it was actually fair or not.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I really enjoy this server, and I heard you guys want new moderators. I want to be able to help out

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The most important quality in my opinion is being considerate. If you are not sure whether a rule has actually been broken, it never hurts to investigate about it.

Anything else you
    Not really unless you want to know more about me. I could talk about that if needed.
    Last edited by lunessia; 11-23-2019 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Fix to questions after reviewing information

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.

It's more along the lines there could be xenos, but otherwise mentioning them is fine.
    What do you think about an officer giving orders before deployment to take frag or incendiary grenades in case the marine gets nested?

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Consult with the admin about and correct them non-aggressively, then consult with the player apologizing for the inconvenience and give them a new punishment based on correct information or remove the punishment altogether. If they are higher on the ladder than me, I would consult them outside the game about their reasoning

If the moderator sticks with their judgement are you going to do anything with the person that's being spoken too?
    When a staff member makes a judgement you view as abusive of their position as being too lenient or excessive, what do you do then?

Is there anything that has come up on the forums or discord that would show anything about how staff are treated in pms is dealt with?

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would probably try to increase the population of one of the sides to get them to attack.

Increasing the population of a side is an admin power, what tools otherwise that you have seen ingame could also be used to address the situation?
    Last edited by Solarmare; 11-23-2019 at 03:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarmare View Post

It's more along the lines there could be xenos, but otherwise mentioning them is fine.
    What do you think about an officer giving orders before deployment to take frag or incendiary grenades in case the marine gets nested?

Consult with the admin about and correct them non-aggressively, then consult with the player apologizing for the inconvenience and give them a new punishment based on correct information or remove the punishment altogether. If they are higher on the ladder than me, I would consult them outside the game about their reasoning

If the moderator sticks with their judgement are you going to do anything with the person that's being spoken too?
    When a staff member makes a judgement you view as abusive of their position as being too lenient or excessive, what do you do then?

Is there anything that has come up on the forums or discord that would show anything about how staff are treated in pms is dealt with?

Increasing the population of a side is an admin power, what tools otherwise that you have seen ingame could also be used to address the situation?

In case a marine gets nested? Arguably they should know about the reproduction cycle, but not how they make things out of resin. Also, this implies that they are telling the marines to throw grenades at the nest with the marines still in it. This can be considered unfun to the xenomorphs, so I'd consider investigating that further and shooting the Officer a message.

So the round is stagnating, and I don't have the power to give Xenomorphs or Marines any more stuff, as that's an admin power. Alright. I've seen that I cannot contact Marines through High Command, so I guess the only other thing to do would be to force the Xenos to attack through an Alien Queen message, or contact an admin that's online to resolve it.

If the moderator sticks to their judgement, I'd either contact a higher power currently on. If there's none available, then I'd file a staff report.
    Last edited by lunessia; 11-23-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of your answers are quite off in regards to what I think as acceptable.

Besides that, you have 8 Hours logged for the past two months total, this month's is fine however but it makes me unsure if ya are active enough either way.

I recommend you reread our Rules and have a look on the accepted section and reapply in 30days, for now its a - 1 from me
    Last edited by Nanu308; 11-24-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the low activity and some answers that can cause more problems than the situation they're meant to address, for now I dont think a trial would be appropriate. I'd say go over other successful moderator applications and get more time in before your next application if denied.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Solarmare here.
    -1 for now.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea like others have said answers are not up to par look over the accepted mod apps and give the rules page a good look over and also get some more time in do all that I wouldn't mind give ya a shot for now -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheeks View Post
    Yea like others have said answers are not up to par look over the accepted mod apps and give the rules page a good look over and also get some more time in do all that I wouldn't mind give ya a shot for now -1
    I don't get why you guys aren't being specific when on other mod apps you were.
    Alright, I guess this is a denied. It was worth trying.
    Last edited by lunessia; 11-24-2019 at 07:07 PM.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunessia View Post
    I don't get why you guys aren't being specific when on other mod apps you were.
    Alright, I guess this is a denied. It was worth trying.
    Do you wish to withdraw this appeal?
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Do you wish to withdraw this appeal?
    No. I'm not saying that I want to withdraw the appeal, but it looks like since about 5-6 staff members -1'd my post, I'm not seeing it being accepted. I am optimistic that it would get accepted, however.